Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,698
    The cost of a Maybach is loose pocket change for the folks buying them.  
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,012
    How are they different from other cars - where 90+% of the buyers are stretching their budget to afford them?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:
    How are they different from other cars - where 90+% of the buyers are stretching their budget to afford them?
    I think once you get to the realm where vehicles cost more than most homes, you’re in a slightly different class of buyer.  I don’t have any data to back it up, but I am guessing @DoubleEgger is correct here. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Eggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,898
    edited December 2023
    Snellville, GA

• Having a Maybach and a driver is the real deal. 

The back seats in those are glorious!  The outside is meh, but the insides are on another level.
    The outside of a car is for everyone else. The interior and the ride quality are for you. 
    I think I posted these earlier, but we looked at a Maybach.  Was pretty cool and can see the appeal if you are in it a lot.  My wife was almost sold 🤣 when she did a quick conference call from inside.  I thought an investment property would be a better place to put the money.

Wow ... you are so rich with your wife's money and not afraid to talk about it. I want to be you, though I'd need to see what your wife looks like ....  because if she has an a$$ for a face .. it might not be worth it. Nobody wants to go around driving a Maybach with a women in the passenger seat who has to wear custom made garments on her face and consequently, farts straight into the headliner, especially on Taco Tuesday. There are limits, that's my whole point.
  • DoubleEgger
    Foghorn said:
    Because most folks who buy a Maybach have or will have a driver. Nobody drives themselves around in a Maybach. A Maybach is not a “look at me” car. It is car for people whose time is more valuable than driving themselves around. If you have enough money for a driver, $300k is pocket money. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    edited December 2023
    Ybabpmuts said:
    I think I posted these earlier, but we looked at a Maybach.  Was pretty cool and can see the appeal if you are in it a lot.  My wife was almost sold 🤣 when she did a quick conference call fromWow ... you are so rich with your wife's money and not afraid to talk about it. I want to be you, though I'd need to see what your wife looks like ....  because if she has an a$$ for a face .. it might not be worth it. Nobody wants to go around driving a Maybach with a women in the passenger seat who has to wear custom made garments on her face and consequently, farts straight into the headliner, especially on Taco Tuesday. There are limits, that's my whole point.
    Just blessed I guess.  To be clear, we didn't go to look at the Maybach, but they showed it to us.  We are not in Maybach tax bracket yet.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,012
    Foghorn said:
    Because most folks who buy a Maybach have or will have a driver. Nobody drives themselves around in a Maybach. A Maybach is not a “look at me” car. It is car for people whose time is more valuable than driving themselves around. If you have enough money for a driver, $300k is pocket money. 
    Fair enough.  Makes sense.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,506
    Bringing a Maybach into the realm of possibility for you high-rollers here- (Not a street sighting but given the recent interest...) No affiliation with the source-
    "If you need a lot of Mercedes but nowhere near as much as the Sprinter above, this 2020 S560 Maybach is a beautiful choice.  It's finished in Diamond White over Black with polished Maybach forged wheels, the executive rear seat package plus with individual seats and a full-length center console with deployable tray tables, rear seat entertainment, piano black veneers, Burmester high end audio and more.  Only 10,440 miles from new, $112,900.

Merry Christmas.  He!! of a driveway present!"

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    This was the general area where I saw a couple of Maybachs so I doubt money is of any concern. 

• lousubcap
    @DoubleEgger - presume your Aston Martin sighting was also in NYC??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    lousubcap said:
    Yes sir.  It was at their new Park Avenue HQ. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    This was the general area where I saw a couple of Maybachs so I doubt money is of any concern. 

The actual amount of wealth out there is staggering.  If I was in some of these tax brackets I would have so many problems not buying all the cool toys and property I see.  I imagine that once anything material wise is attainable your pursuits change.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap said:
    Clearly those shopping at those locations don't care about a test drive...and have more $$ than sense in most cases. 
    He!! you can't get out of 2nd gear in the city and likely never above 3rd in the 'burbs.  But good for them to be in such a position. 

• This was the general area where I saw a couple of Maybachs so I doubt money is of any concern. 

The actual amount of wealth out there is staggering.  If I was in some of these tax brackets I would have so many problems not buying all the cool toys and property I see.  I imagine that once anything material wise is attainable your pursuits change.
    Yes, that’s when you start buying politicians.  
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,326
    In my book a vehicle driver and owner should not be different people on a regular basis.  At least from a motorhead perspective.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    lousubcap said:
    Clearly those shopping at those locations don't care about a test drive...and have more $$ than sense in most cases. 
    He!! you can't get out of 2nd gear in the city and likely never above 3rd in the 'burbs.  But good for them to be in such a position. 

You can if you try hard enough.

https://youtu.be/72sIKyuQbgc?si=zZZItlQolP7Jr7Y6

• Those were some laid-back cops. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,192
    Never even heard of this car....if I had the money, I might take it off road....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Those were some laid-back cops. 
    I just hope they arrested the dude who filmed the whole thing in portrait mode, because that’s the real crime here.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Those were some laid-back cops. 
    I just hope they arrested the dude who filmed the whole thing in portrait mode, because that’s the real crime here.
    Charges against the driver were dropped.  Probably so they could focus on the Portrait Videographer.

It is sad to see a Carrera GT smashed to pieces.  That particular one was modified by Gemballa.  It was 1 of 25.  So the other 24 owners are probably happy.

• Ozzie_Isaac

• lousubcap
    Too much rain for AZ-the plate is Switzerland if I recall right.  Global warming-no snow so you can transform the two seater into a tree hauler.  Hope it doesn't scratch the paint. 
  • lousubcap said:
    Too much rain for AZ-the plate is Switzerland if I recall right.  Global warming-no snow so you can transform the two seater into a tree hauler.  Hope it doesn't scratch the paint. 
    Even I put a tarp between the tree and my plebeian ride!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Correct, Switzerland according to the post I stole it from.

• lousubcap said:
    Seems pretty neutral.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Seems pretty neutral.
    Ich sehe, was du da gemacht hast

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    Ich auch.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• lousubcap
    How does FYVM translate?? =)