Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629

gold BBS wheels..

awesome ride!..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    billt01 said:

gold BBS wheels..

awesome ride!..
    I almost missed the picture, because he let'er eat making the left hand turn.  Sounded pretty cool to hear an air cooled being opened up.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,506
    billt01 said:

gold BBS wheels..

awesome ride!..
    I almost missed the picture, because he let'er eat making the left hand turn.  Sounded pretty cool to hear an air cooled being opened up.
    The 911 exhaust note was quite distinctive when air cooled. Unique and easily recognizable.  Once the water cooled engines arrived the engineers could not get the same note.  Automotive history and a brief link to the tones here:

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    lousubcap said:
    billt01 said:

gold BBS wheels..

awesome ride!..
    The 911 exhaust note was quite distinctive when air cooled. Unique and easily recognizable.  Once the water cooled engines arrived the engineers could not get the same note.  Automotive history and a brief link to the tones here:

It is very fascinating to me, the lengths that auto makers will go through to get the correct exhaust note.  Even in boring every day cars.  Working in tool and die, we had a few projects where we built tooling that would stamp inner muffler panels.  As an example, a panel could be about 24 inches long and 12 inches wide.  We called it a lunar surface panel. The exhaust engineers, thru simulation, created a specific geometry that looked like a lunar surface.  It would have approximately 350 perforated holes around  .140" in diameter.  We would produce a few sample pieces for the customer, Bosal, for example.  They would weld up the muffler with the panels we created sandwiched inside.  They would test it on a car.  The engineers would come back with a request to remove holes 247 - 253 and 301 thru 320.  We would run more samples.  The process of adding and removing holes and changing the geometry of the lunar surface would go on for months until it was "just right."

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:
    lousubcap said:
    billt01 said:

gold BBS wheels..

awesome ride!..

It is very fascinating to me, the lengths that auto makers will go through to get the correct exhaust note.  Even in boring every day cars.  Working in tool and die, we had a few projects where we built tooling that would stamp inner muffler panels.  As an example, a panel could be about 24 inches long and 12 inches wide.  We called it a lunar surface panel. The exhaust engineers, thru simulation, created a specific geometry that looked like a lunar surface.  It would have approximately 350 perforated holes around  .140" in diameter.  We would produce a few sample pieces for the customer, Bosal, for example.  They would weld up the muffler with the panels we created sandwiched inside.  They would test it on a car.  The engineers would come back with a request to remove holes 247 - 253 and 301 thru 320.  We would run more samples.  The process of adding and removing holes and changing the geometry of the lunar surface would go on for months until it was "just right."

That is pretty cool!  Then some guy cuts it all put and installs.some.straight pipes 🤣

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2023
    This made me laugh (click spoiler for funny part)

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac

That GT3 spoiler is a thing of functional beauty.

• kl8ton
    That is pretty cool!  Then some guy cuts it all put and installs.some.straight pipes 🤣
    Exactly.  One of the first things that gets ripped off. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton said:
    lousubcap said:
    billt01 said:

gold BBS wheels..

awesome ride!..

Did you guys make cherry bombs?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    Nope
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited December 2023
    kl8ton said:

Watched an 85+ YO couple ease out of this thing. It was a process. Bradenton FL
    Youth is wasted on the young.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,506
    Hopefully not shopping for Depends-not enough cargo space in that Lambo. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    Hopefully not shopping for Depends-not enough cargo space in that Lambo. 
    Something tells me Depends would come in useful for the driver of that car, regardless of age. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    I think the seat in that 'Vette going to make some men feel inadequate.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• @GrateEggspectations - love that car but man, were I the buyer... I'd definitely be going with a different color choice.  I don't hate the gray as much as I would a white version,  but in my opinion the red or blue in that model is far more appealing.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @GrateEggspectations - love that car but man, were I the buyer... I'd definitely be going with a different color choice.  I don't hate the gray as much as I would a white version,  but in my opinion the red or blue in that model is far more appealing.  
    Orange or Green for me

GlennM said:
    Ny neighbours new ride

That is a gorgeous car!  Congrats to the neighbor!  Is it winter in your part of.the world or do you live snow free also.

• @GrateEggspectations - love that car but man, were I the buyer... I'd definitely be going with a different color choice.  I don't hate the gray as much as I would a white version,  but in my opinion the red or blue in that model is far more appealing.  
    Oops - tagged the wrong dude on this one!  Should’ve been @GlennM
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    On a gray day, against a gray road, a gray car tends to blend in. Had one, not like that though, and I won't have another.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,698
    edited December 2023
    Corv said:
    On a gray day, against a gray road, a gray car tends to blend in. Had one, not like that though, and I won't have another.
    Sometimes you need to blend in to avoid the PoPo. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Having a Maybach and a driver is the real deal. 

• Ozzie_Isaac

The back seats in those are glorious!  The outside is meh, but the insides are on another level.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    Corv said:
    Especially in an affordable supercar.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,326
    Silver is better with black go fast stripes.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    Corv said:
    Especially in an affordable supercar.  
    I believe that is a Z06 too. Insane power and acceleration numbers.

• DoubleEgger

The back seats in those are glorious!  The outside is meh, but the insides are on another level.
    The outside of a car is for everyone else. The interior and the ride quality are for you. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac

The outside of a car is for everyone else. The interior and the ride quality are for you. 
    I think I posted these earlier, but we looked at a Maybach.  Was pretty cool and can see the appeal if you are in it a lot.  My wife was almost sold 🤣 when she did a quick conference call from inside.  I thought an investment property would be a better place to put the money.