Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    I don’t see a handicap placard on the G Wagon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    ColbyLang said:
    I don’t see a handicap placard on the G Wagon
    Valet don't follow no rules!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    @Ozzie_Isaac -That's some serious wheels.  I suspect the ride has to qualify in order to use the valet... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2023
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac -That's some serious wheels.  I suspect the ride has to qualify in order to use the valet... B)
    Restaurant is in Scottsdale, they don't really have self parking without a long walk, so I don't think they will turn you away?  They may have parked my Jeep out back though.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited October 2023
    Dobie said:
    Pic from the dirty windshield of our CRV but it’s a Rolls Royce Cullinan, Texas plate prolly @TEXASBGE2018 neighbor. 
    Not mine, but my parents neighbor has one of those and an antique Silver Cloud.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    A friend posted a photo of his new boat taken during a regatta.  I want to see if he is willing to park it on a lawn on Texas.

Not drone photo either, actual helicopter.

Half the people on the lake out here would ask why that guy is slumming it so bad.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2023
    A friend posted a photo of his new boat taken during a regatta.  I want to see if he is willing to park it on a lawn on Texas.

Not drone photo either, actual helicopter.

Half the people on the lake out here would ask why that guy is slumming it so bad.
    I hope they wouldn't ask him directly, don't they have an assistant for doing that type of stuff?

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120

Pro-Move putting her in the back seat.  I wish I could do that with my hair.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Where are you at, @Ozzie_Isaac? The garage says residential. You shopping the classifieds?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2023
    Where are you at, @Ozzie_Isaac? The garage says residential. You shopping the classifieds?
    That is the shop I am having put PPF and ceramic coat on the Cayenne.  He has that 650S in getting prepped for track days.  He also is fixing a terrible job that was done to that RV.

I am also going to try a PPF type film over the windshield that hopefully will minimize/eliminate rock chips.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Another typical day in the car line. Us peasants (Wrangler and I) behind the Escalade and the Aston DBX

• TEXASBGE2018
    One of the numerous local nail salon owners, casually pulling up to work in her Jaguar Ftype-R 

• It took you this long to spot an AM and a Jag? I thought you were living the highlife over there? Those are mere puppies in the exotic world. 
    Snellville, GA

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010

I came very close to buying an F-Type, photos do not do that machine justice.  I found a babied 2-year-old (owner's wife was having a kid so they had to upsize) and typed the VIN into Carfax.  Called up the service history, was just about to hit "Print" and I noticed how many pages long it was.

I bought an Audi.    

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    Decades ago, I overheard a Jag owner on the phone. She was calling for a ride. She said, "No, this is the black one. The white one's in the shop."
    You got lucky.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Botch said:

I came very close to buying an F-Type, photos do not do that machine justice.  I found a babied 2-year-old (owner's wife was having a kid so they had to upsize) and typed the VIN into Carfax.  Called up the service history, was just about to hit "Print" and I noticed how many pages long it was.

I bought an Audi.    
    That has been the joke for years with Jags - if you want to drive one, you had better buy two, as one will always be in the shop.  I think they have gotten a little better with time, but probably not too much.

By the way, be careful with the Audi.  In my experience they can have their own set of issues, typically around the time the warranty runs out.  I always trade mine in before that happens.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2023
    Corv said:
    Decades ago, I overheard a Jag owner on the phone. She was calling for a ride. She said, "No, this is the black one. The white one's in the shop."
    You got lucky.
    In high school, a good friend of mine pulled out in front of a Jag (XJ6 or XJ8).  He was in a late-80s F-350 Crew Cab.  My friend needed to have his truck realigned because the jag hit the driver side front wheel and spun his truck about 30 degrees.  The Jag ended up with the entire front end knocked off.  You would never have even guessed these cars were involved in the same incident.  One drove to school the next day and the other was destined for the scrap heap.  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    not going to complain about the jag engine in the rover at 165k so far......knocking on wood ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TEXASBGE2018
    It took you this long to spot an AM and a Jag? I thought you were living the highlife over there? Those are mere puppies in the exotic world. 
    I don't get on this forum much anymore. I can't stand the new website format and I don't cook out nearly as much anymore. New hobbies have occupied my time now. 

As far as cars go, that was my point before. What you guys view as rare, I see this kinda stuff every day. There are high schoolers out here driving Porsches. My wife works at one of the schools. A 16year old just registered her 2023 Range Rover Autobiography edition that mommy and daddy bought her. New vettes are a dime a dozen. I just don't get all worked up when I see a Mclaren or a GWagon anymore.

• I was just pointing out that you told us when you drop your kids off at school there are g wagons and exotics lined up one after another. You said you would get us pics. Weeks later we get a pic of an AM at school, and a jag at the nail salon. In other words, I was just busting your balls man. On a 5 hour flight and quite bored. 
    Snellville, GA

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    @JohnInCarolina - I drive 'em til the wheels fall off or in the case of the dearly departed 911 (in 2003 with 305K miles on the clock) an engine fire took it out. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    I was just pointing out that you told us when you drop your kids off at school there are g wagons and exotics lined up one after another. You said you would get us pics. Weeks later we get a pic of an AM at school, and a jag at the nail salon. In other words, I was just busting your balls man. On a 5 hour flight and quite bored. 
    No worries or offense taken here. Next time I see one of the local realtors that drives the Ferrari I'll get a picture. My neighbor is an NFL free agent and drives some Mercedes model I can't think of. Haven't seen him in a few weeks though. In the meantime here is a guy just outside my neighborhood. His Maybach wasn't under the Porte-cochere like it usually is  So he must be driving around.

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    My uncle Billy had a maybach on the side of his porte-cochere. He had to have some guy named Lance take it off with what looked like a hot knife. I'm really hoping the next maybach he gets is right under his porte-cochere where it should be, because I can't see that again, reason being that because the maybach was on the side of his porte-cochere, when they put him on the stretcher they laid him down sideways and I saw the entire underside of his porte-cochere for the first time. It needed paint or stain or something.
  • @TEXASBGE2018 you need to stop by and give him a quick lesson on turf management! Maybe a trade off for the Benz over a long weekend. 
    Snellville, GA

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    edited October 2023
    I believe Jaguar was "somewhat" reliable when Ford owned them as you could swap out certain Ford parts with it. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • I was just pointing out that you told us when you drop your kids off at school there are g wagons and exotics lined up one after another. You said you would get us pics. Weeks later we get a pic of an AM at school, and a jag at the nail salon. In other words, I was just busting your balls man. On a 5 hour flight and quite bored. 
    No worries or offense taken here. Next time I see one of the local realtors that drives the Ferrari I'll get a picture. My neighbor is an NFL free agent and drives some Mercedes model I can't think of. Haven't seen him in a few weeks though. In the meantime here is a guy just outside my neighborhood. His Maybach wasn't under the Porte-cochere like it usually is  So he must be driving around.

All this photo needs is a bass boat. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Funny bumper stickers from today:

And a convertible Bentley enjoying the nice weather.