Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• I know the Porsches don’t quite turn heads the way the Ferraris and Lambos and McLarens do, but they are absolutely beautiful cars.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    edited September 2023
    Corv said:
    I'd like to see someone invent a paint switch, that switches between white and a neon color on command.
    That's  sooo  2022...  :tongue:  

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tWhfkTXR88g

EDIT:  Actually, that was 2023; my bad!  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    I know the Porsches don’t quite turn heads the way the Ferraris and Lambos and McLarens do, but they are absolutely beautiful cars.  
    They don't photo near as well as they look in person.  I don't know why.  Maybe you could get a grant to study that?  I'll help.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• I know the Porsches don’t quite turn heads the way the Ferraris and Lambos and McLarens do, but they are absolutely beautiful cars.  
    They don't photo near as well as they look in person.  I don't know why.  Maybe you could get a grant to study that?  I'll help.
    Ah yes, I believe the Human Fund supports work like that.
  • Botch
    I know the Porsches don’t quite turn heads the way the Ferraris and Lambos and McLarens do, but they are absolutely beautiful cars.  
    They don't photo near as well as they look in person.  I don't know why.  
    Two other cars that don't photo near as well as they look in person (and that I nearly purchased, both of them) are the Jaguar F-Type (into which I couldn't even fit my 13.5 shoe):

and the gorgeous BMW Z4 (shoes fit, legs didn't):

• Botch said:
    They don't photo near as well as they look in person.  I don't know why.  
    Two other cars that don't photo near as well as they look in person (and that I nearly purchased, both of them) are the Jaguar F-Type (into which I couldn't even fit my 13.5 shoe):

That’s one car that doesn’t look anywhere near as good as a convertible.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ah yes, I believe the Human Fund supports work like that.
    It is all in the phrasing.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20170306-the-astonishing-focus-of-namibias-nomads

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    Money for people.  I had forgotten that tag line!  

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    To steer back on topic.  John Voight's car.....

Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Love Seinfeld. One of my very favourites. F-I-L doesn’t enjoy Seinfeld and I wondered if I had to leave the family. Jury’s still out. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Lol, I completely missed the reference!  

I did get my first middle finger today.  Old man in his honda CRV who couldn't figure out what lane he wanted to be in.  I waited till he was at the apex of one of his swerves and then I gently rolled into it.  I passed him at a healthy clip.  Apparently this offended him.  I did a u-turn a few miles down and then on the way back I passed him.  He gave me a vigorous middle finger.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209

I did get my first middle finger today.  Old man in his honda CRV who couldn't figure out what lane he wanted to be in.  I waited till he was at the apex of one of his swerves and then I gently rolled into it.  I passed him at a healthy clip.  Apparently this offended him.  I did a u-turn a few miles down and then on the way back I passed him.  He gave me a vigorous middle finger.

He's politely letting you know you're in first place. Better than 11th. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho said:

It’s funny to see their lip quiver when you call one on that bs.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:

I used to blow kisses.  Watching a grown man so angry he is shaking the car, waving his arms, and screaming is hilarious.

Unfortunately, I've had a few guns, a knife, and a pipe pulled on me.  That takes some of the chuckles out of a situation.

• WeberWho said:

I used to blow kisses.  Watching a grown man so angry he is shaking the car, waving his arms, and screaming is hilarious.

Unfortunately, I've had a few guns, a knife, and a pipe pulled on me.  That takes some of the chuckles out of a situation.
    You haven’t seen someone truly angry until they’ve thrown their own poop at you.  Trust me on this one.  It’s road rage, Mad Max level.  
  • Botch
    WeberWho said:

You haven’t seen someone truly angry until they’ve thrown their own poop at you.  Trust me on this one.  It’s road rage, Mad Max level.  
    Oz, this may be your final chance at your 911 dreams; show your daughter these posts!

• @JohnInCarolina

"You haven’t seen someone truly angry until they’ve thrown their own poop at you.  Trust me on this one.  It’s road rage, Mad Max level"

My sister Beulah could throw her poop without using her hands, and if she was naked they could go pretty far, if she was in her jammies though, they would peak about four inches from her bum, and then slowly tumble into one of her socks. 

When Beulah gets angry, I refuse to do her laundry.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho said:

This reminds me of my friend getting super angry at us when he was joy riding his Dad's station wagon when he was 14-15 years old. My buddy stole his Dad's station wagon when he was on vacation. His Dad's vehicle was parked in my other friends parents driveway one day when we took my other friends dog out to do his business. After his dog dropped a steamer we thought it would be funny to stick it in our friends Dad's vehicle being the middle of summer with the windows up. My buddy who was joy ridding his Dad's car was inside the house who clueless about what was going on. It was hours later when he went to leave he opened up the doors of his Dad's vehicle to only get slapped in the face with a stench of a big fat deuce cooking away in the rear trunk of his Dad's station wagon. Oh man was he ticked but we all could hardly contain ourselves from laughing. Not only did he have to sneak his Dad's vehicle back home before his Dad's girlfriend would stop over and check up on him he now had to find a way to air out the car. His Dad was a smoker so it wasn't some odorless vehicle from the start but it did take a few afternoons to air out in the driveway. To be young and dumb....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191

i used to rebuild the boilers on these little guys

pbucket seems to be putting the hostage photos into to some kinda purgatory hell

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac

pbucket seems to be putting the hostage photos into to some kinda purgatory hell

They are pretty amazing little machines.  These are owned by a client who refurbishes/rebuilds them.

• fishlessman

They are pretty amazing little machines.  These are owned by a client who refurbishes/rebuilds them.

this one was in for boiler tubes, new fire box, and the steam controlled brake rebuild. was originally coal fired but changed over to propane. used at the local amusement park. i think this one was built 1927. also worked on the old mt washington cogs, used to put new rivets in until they updated to newer gas models. i think they are down to one coalfire, thats the one to book for a nh trip way in advance
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman

this one was in for boiler tubes, new fire box, and the steam controlled brake rebuild. was originally coal fired but changed over to propane. used at the local amusement park. i think this one was built 1927. also worked on the old mt washington cogs, used to put new rivets in until they updated to newer gas models. i think they are down to one coalfire, thats the one to book for a nh trip way in advance

the whole ride up that mountain, say im trusting a fish, im trusting a fish, IM TRUSTING A FISH. please dont explode
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac

the whole ride up that mountain, say im trusting a fish, im trusting a fish, IM TRUSTING A FISH. please dont explode
    😂😂😂

• Ozzie_Isaac
    A friend just bought a new house and is checking that his Calloway Corvette fits.

• WeberWho
    A new ride for @kl8ton

Minnesota
  • WeberWho said:
    A new ride for @kl8ton

Sounds like he doesn’t need one. 🙂
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho said:
    A new ride for @kl8ton

Sounds like he doesn’t need one. 🙂

I also believe he'd be going from a diesel to a gasser which wouldn't be ideal. It was too strange not to post with the 6 doors. 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    He was in line at the local scratch and shine. No hand washing for him. 

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Plaid