Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    edited September 2023

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Some nice eye candy there, @Ozzie_Isaac.

I think they’ve done a good job with that NSX, with pretty great specs. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    Just break out the check book and be done with it...Sweet showroom right there. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:
    Shopping @Ozzie_Isaac?
    The wife is.  Finally a showroom I was excited to go see.  I hate car shopping, but this was a cool experience.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Say it with me…..company car
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2023
    ColbyLang said:
    Say it with me…..company car
    That might play a role.  My insurance guy is going to love me, I just had him requote everything last week.  Now that I have another teenager driving.

• Be sure to let us know what she chooses, @Ozzie_Isaac.

Spotted this one on a walk home from brunch. Kinda dig the power wagons.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2023
    Be sure to let us know what she chooses, @Ozzie_Isaac.

I love estates/shooting brakes.  In highschool a girlfriend had a 525 estate.  That was a fun car.

• @GlennM

Tour de force, right there. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @GlennM wowza!  Awesome cars and great photos!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @jdMyers did you do the photo shoot with Whistlin Diesel and the Triple F Enzo?

• lousubcap
    @GlennM -based on the plates, they came from Ontario...I know, weak. 
    But that is quite a collection of wheels right there.  Glad the weather supported and you enjoyed.
    I only spotted one hybrid- clearly a dying breed!  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    @GlennM -based on the plates, they came from Ontario...I know, weak. 
    But that is quite a collection of wheels right there.  Glad the weather supported and you enjoyed.
    I only spotted one hybrid- clearly a dying breed!  =)
    I saw the 918, any other hybrids in those photos?

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,282

Went to test drive one but apparently the sales manager and I didn't vibe. I went with a Cayenne instead.
    Plymouth, MN
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,395
    This was the hummer ev

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    @Ozzie_Isaac - You need to get a wrap with the company name and color scheme on that thing right quick.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • @Ozzie_Isaac

Great choice. Have a friend (car collector) who had one and it served his household well. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Great choice. Have a friend (car collector) who had one and it served his household well. 
    The sounds at start-up of the twin turbo V8 will definitely lead to me offering to run errands more.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2023
    dmourati said:

Went to test drive one but apparently the sales manager and I didn't vibe. I went with a Cayenne instead.
    Funny, we have been to Audi, Mercedes, and Range Rover (won't do BMW for personal reasons). I had similar experiences.  Just didn't vibe with them, Audi couldn't find anyone to help, Mercedes was very nice, but I didn't like how the AMG GLE 63 drove, and the salesman wasn't passionate about it and knew very little about it.  The Range Rover lady was nice at first, but as we were trying to see what allocations they had, she said she needed to leave to go to dinner at 5pm.  So that kind of ended that discussion, she tried to reach back out, but by then we had moved on.

Then we went to Porsche.  The sales guy was super passionate, and just as an enthusiast, not as a salesperson.  Made him super easy to talk to.  He showed me the GT3RS, GT4RS, standard GT3, and was telling me all about them.  He even fired up the GT4RS on the showroom floor.  I have always loved Porsche, just had been out of reach.

We eventually settled on a 2024 Cayenne Coupe in Chalk that was gorgeous.  They tinted the windows, detailed it, and got it ready to pick up today.  Then last night my wife asked, "Do you think we should get the Cayenne S?"  As fate would have it, they had one dropped yesterday evening (I know it wasn't here before because we had seen everything and he showed me the drop slip dated yesterday).  I messaged the sales guy at 10PM and asked about it.  He said it just came in and he thought it was a customer allocation, because all 6 they had received previously were customer allocations.  Well, this morning I get an excited text saying it wasn't allocated and he sent me a bunch of photos.  We drove down to check it out.  Couldn't drive it because it was still in nerfed "delivery" mode.  My wife and I talked about it for about 30 minutes, then they bought us lunch while they worked up some numbers.  In the end, the cold start rumble, massaging front seats, and two-tone leather treatment won the wife over.  The one thing she didn't like were the wheels.  I talked to them because the Coupe we were supposed to buy had the wheels we wanted.  Their manager wouldn't switch them out (I don't blame him it messes up his build sheets, but I wanted to ask anyway).  They came back and said they could paint them any color we wanted.  They do that occasionally for some of their other clients.  So, we picked the same satin black that was on the 911 GT3. Only issue is now we have to wait till Monday.  Either way I am like a kid waiting for Christmas, so is the wife.

This particular dealer had an exceptional dealer experience.  Hopefully it lasts, because I am finally getting a dream car in the stable.  The wife was even looking at the 911s for something down the road.

Here are the wheels we liked (same ones on the one we bought, just painted gloss black. We are getting Satin black because I think it goes better with the black trim pieces and won't show dust as bad):

• Good for you Ozzie. Can’t wait to see the final pictures. Also glad to hear the 911 is in the works! Live the dream. 
    Snellville, GA

• Good choice on the satin, @Ozzie_Isaac. I can relate to your pragmatism in your choices, in that my father installed that in me. How things hold up over time is an important consideration on many fronts. 

You’ll have a great time with that.
  • Went to a Mercedes dealership in the DFW area this weekend with a buddy who was buying his wife a new car. They had this in the show room.  My jaw hit the floor when I saw the sticker.  It’s an invitation only kind of purchase.   It was so jacked up I’m not sure if I could climb into it. lol
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    ...In the end, the cold start rumble, massaging front seats, and two-tone leather treatment won the wife over.  The one thing she didn't like were the wheels.  I talked to them because the Coupe we were supposed to buy had the wheels we wanted.  Their manager wouldn't switch them out (I don't blame him it messes up his build sheets, but I wanted to ask anyway).  
    Congrats on the purchase!  
    When I bought my Audi in 2018 (my first/last new car) I tried to get them to swap out the wheels for an actually cheaper set (the 'spensive ones just looked too "busy") but they also refused.  About a year later I was driving home to Sioux Falls across the notoriously bad I-80 thru Wyoming, was following a semi too close, and didn't see The Mother Of All Potholes in time to avoid it.  Medium vibration after that, pulled off to see if I could see anything, nope.  What to do?  Drive back home and wait to see family until the next year, or continue on?  I kept going, (SOO glad I did, it was the last visit I had with Mom), and immediately took it to the Audi dealer in Sioux Falls.  They rebalanced the wheels (both front and back driver's side) but on my way back home realized they hadn't fixed anything, medium vibration the whole way home (sickening treatment for a new car).  Audi dealer here in UT showed me on their balancer how badly both aluminum wheels had been bent, gah.  
    Replacing all four wheels, to the style I had originally wanted, was only $250 more than replacing the two "la-dee-dah" wheels that I didn't like, so I went that route (sold the two good l-d-d used, for $300, so overall not a bad outcome).  

You and SWMBO should probably drive up here to complete the break-in, so I can buy you lunch and ride in a Porsche.   ;)  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• lousubcap
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Your employer's business must be on fire.  That is quite the ride in which to impress your clients (high end term for customers) right there.  Better to be lucky than good right there.  Way to get it done.