Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Your employer's business must be on fire.  That is quite the ride in which to impress your clients (high end term for customers) right there.  Better to be lucky than good right there.  Way to get it done. 
    Everyone knows you show up in a beater for the clients. That kind of ride is for the girlfriends. 😉
  • lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Your employer's business must be on fire.  That is quite the ride in which to impress your clients (high end term for customers) right there.  Better to be lucky than good right there.  Way to get it done. 
    Everyone knows you show up in a beater for the clients. That kind of ride is for the girlfriends. 😉
    I park a beater in the driveway when getting quotes!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap said:
    I park a beater in the driveway when getting quotes!
    Imagine keeping a rusty beater with flat tires in the garage just to pull out and prop up on jack stands before the contractors show up. Love it. 
  • I drive an old Mazda. It has four wheels and a radio with knobs on it that used to look like chrome. The door bins are nasty and I'm pretty sure the passenger side has an old banana peel in it. All I know .. is that I  threw a banana at my passenger and the banana went in her face the long way and the peel just went into the door bin, at least I think it did but I'll be honest,  once that banana started to be consumed the long way, It's like time stopped and there was like absolutely no peel.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,282
    @Ozzie_Isaac, nice outcome there for both of you. I wanted an S but decided to take some money off the table when my wife agreed to the base. It has been fun driving so far. The S should be even better.

Pro tip: if you want the keyed memory seats to remember his/her settings, make sure to add a second account to Porsche's app/PCM. It was maddening me until I spent over an hour searching the forums on Sunday and finally figured it out.
    Plymouth, MN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    edited September 2023
    dmourati said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac, nice outcome there for both of you. I wanted an S but decided to take some money off the table when my wife agreed to the base. It has been fun driving so far. The S should be even better.

Pro tip: if you want the keyed memory seats to remember his/her settings, make sure to add a second account to Porsche's app/PCM. It was maddening me until I spent over an hour searching the forums on Sunday and finally figured it out.
    Thank you for the tip!  I definitely appreciate it.  We never could get her Yukon to remember two different settings.  Used to make her mad everytime she got in.

I really liked the Cayenne with the turbo v6.  We test drove one with Sport Chrono mode.  It was so much fun.  The sales guy kept egging me on to go faster.  Near the shop they have a nice paved flat 35 mph corner.  Hit it at 75 and it didn't even flinch.  Easily had another 20mph in it.  For my short drive, it was easily the most fun I've had in an "SUV".  The prices definitely get eye-watering fast.  It is weird having essentially no packages (aside from Premium and Premium +).  Everything being al-carte is new to me.

If they hadn't dropped off the S with the two-tone interior we would have had a beautiful chalk white coupe in the garage tonight.

The V8 rumble wasn't fair.  Literally made all reason leave, because this clearly wasn't a responsible or reasonable purchase.  And I can't wait for my next irresponsible Porsche.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2023
    Botch said:
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    ...In the end, the cold start rumble, massaging front seats, and two-tone leather treatment won the wife over.  The one thing she didn't like were the wheels.  I talked to them because the Coupe we were supposed to buy had the wheels we wanted.  Their manager wouldn't switch them out (I don't blame him it messes up his build sheets, but I wanted to ask anyway).  
    Congrats on the purchase!  
    When I bought my Audi in 2018 (my first/last new car) I tried to get them to swap out the wheels for an actually cheaper set (the 'spensive ones just looked too "busy") but they also refused.  About a year later I was driving home to Sioux Falls across the notoriously bad I-80 thru Wyoming, was following a semi too close, and didn't see The Mother Of All Potholes in time to avoid it.  Medium vibration after that, pulled off to see if I could see anything, nope.  What to do?  Drive back home and wait to see family until the next year, or continue on?  I kept going, (SOO glad I did, it was the last visit I had with Mom), and immediately took it to the Audi dealer in Sioux Falls.  They rebalanced the wheels (both front and back driver's side) but on my way back home realized they hadn't fixed anything, medium vibration the whole way home (sickening treatment for a new car).  Audi dealer here in UT showed me on their balancer how badly both aluminum wheels had been bent, gah.  
    Replacing all four wheels, to the style I had originally wanted, was only $250 more than replacing the two "la-dee-dah" wheels that I didn't like, so I went that route (sold the two good l-d-d used, for $300, so overall not a bad outcome).  

You and SWMBO should probably drive up here to complete the break-in, so I can buy you lunch and ride in a Porsche.   ;)  
    Definitely!  Maybe before the snow comes though.

lousubcap said:
    This definitely falls into the lucky category.  One of the older sales manages walked by and said, "Sure is nice of you to buy that for your wife."  I laughed, and said "I'm not buying it, that is her money.  I'm just hoping she lets me drive it."

• @Hook_emHornsfan_74

Neat spotting. At that price, did it have pretty much every option available? I think they start below half that, but I know the options add up right quick. 

Long story short, I got the opportunity to drive an older one last year. The owner is a car collector and this was his wife’s daily driver. He absolutely hated it. The thing was rusting in spots (thanks, Canadian winters) and had some leaks around windows. That being said, his wife loved it and he was going to get her an updated model to replace it. Can’t say the ride did much for me. Very distinct looks inside and out, but it just felt so boxy and sluggish. 

There is a recent one behind us (along with other cool cars) and a second one also sometimes makes an appearance. I’ve posted it before…

Likely a choice I’ll never have to make, but it wouldn’t be my pick for the money. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    My buddy just got his wife a lease return AMG G wagon. Price tag right at 200k lol. No thanks. My F150 rides better than it does. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    @GrateEggspectations - that is quite a little stable right there.  Definitely high-roller country.  Hopefully the Mclaren gets a spot in the garage.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    edited September 2023
    dmourati said:
    Be sure to let us know what she chooses, @Ozzie_Isaac.

Spotted this one on a walk home from brunch. Kinda dig the power wagons.

Went to test drive one but apparently the sales manager and I didn't vibe. I went with a Cayenne instead.
    Funny, we have been to Audi, Mercedes, and Range Rover (won't do BMW for personal reasons). I had similar experiences.  Just didn't vibe with them, Audi couldn't find anyone to help, Mercedes was very nice, but I didn't like how the AMG GLE 63 drove, and the salesman wasn't passionate about it and knew very little about it.  The Range Rover lady was nice at first, but as we were trying to see what allocations they had, she said she needed to leave to go to dinner at 5pm.  So that kind of ended that discussion, she tried to reach back out, but by then we had moved on.

Then we went to Porsche.  The sales guy was super passionate, and just as an enthusiast, not as a salesperson.  Made him super easy to talk to.  He showed me the GT3RS, GT4RS, standard GT3, and was telling me all about them.  He even fired up the GT4RS on the showroom floor.  I have always loved Porsche, just had been out of reach.

We eventually settled on a 2024 Cayenne Coupe in Chalk that was gorgeous.  They tinted the windows, detailed it, and got it ready to pick up today.  Then last night my wife asked, "Do you think we should get the Cayenne S?"  As fate would have it, they had one dropped yesterday evening (I know it wasn't here before because we had seen everything and he showed me the drop slip dated yesterday).  I messaged the sales guy at 10PM and asked about it.  He said it just came in and he thought it was a customer allocation, because all 6 they had received previously were customer allocations.  Well, this morning I get an excited text saying it wasn't allocated and he sent me a bunch of photos.  We drove down to check it out.  Couldn't drive it because it was still in nerfed "delivery" mode.  My wife and I talked about it for about 30 minutes, then they bought us lunch while they worked up some numbers.  In the end, the cold start rumble, massaging front seats, and two-tone leather treatment won the wife over.  The one thing she didn't like were the wheels.  I talked to them because the Coupe we were supposed to buy had the wheels we wanted.  Their manager wouldn't switch them out (I don't blame him it messes up his build sheets, but I wanted to ask anyway).  They came back and said they could paint them any color we wanted.  They do that occasionally for some of their other clients.  So, we picked the same satin black that was on the 911 GT3. Only issue is now we have to wait till Monday.  Either way I am like a kid waiting for Christmas, so is the wife.

This particular dealer had an exceptional dealer experience.  Hopefully it lasts, because I am finally getting a dream car in the stable.  The wife was even looking at the 911s for something down the road.

Here are the wheels we liked (same ones on the one we bought, just painted gloss black. We are getting Satin black because I think it goes better with the black trim pieces and won't show dust as bad):

Once you paint those other wheels in satin black, they will def look nicer than the above wheels.  It'll be worth the wait.

The only two Porsche's I will get (for myself) is the GT2 RS or the GT4 RS ... and given the GT2 RS is likely going to be out of my financial reach (at least without stretching myself too much) ... the GT4 RS is the one I'm gunning for ... just a matter of time. I think ....

The reservation is my older son is like ... your TTRS will destroy the GT4 RS ... and he's right, at least in straight line acceleration (I have a Stage 2+ build, 605 crank hp).  So, he's like, do you want performance that will beat the TTRS ... or something that will turn heads?  I do have to think about that ... because the alternative choice for me to the GT4 RS is a McLaren 720S or Artura ... but I heard that the McLaren's have lots of issues, in the shop frequently ... which I definitely don't want. On the other hand, the GT4 RS is a reliable vehicle.  

So, I'm stuck right now ... maybe others who know enough about the McLarens can chime in??
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2023
    dmourati said:

Went to test drive one but apparently the sales manager and I didn't vibe. I went with a Cayenne instead.
    Funny, we have been to Audi, Mercedes, and Range Rover (won't do BMW for personal reasons). I had similar experiences.  Just didn't vibe with them, Audi couldn't find anyone to help, Mercedes was very nice, but I didn't like how the AMG GLE 63 drove, and the salesman wasn't passionate about it and knew very little about it.  The Range Rover lady was nice at first, but as we were trying to see what allocations they had, she said she needed to leave to go to dinner at 5pm.  So that kind of ended that discussion, she tried to reach back out, but by then we had moved on.

Then we went to Porsche.  The sales guy was super passionate, and just as an enthusiast, not as a salesperson.  Made him super easy to talk to.  He showed me the GT3RS, GT4RS, standard GT3, and was telling me all about them.  He even fired up the GT4RS on the showroom floor.  I have always loved Porsche, just had been out of reach.

We eventually settled on a 2024 Cayenne Coupe in Chalk that was gorgeous.  They tinted the windows, detailed it, and got it ready to pick up today.  Then last night my wife asked, "Do you think we should get the Cayenne S?"  As fate would have it, they had one dropped yesterday evening (I know it wasn't here before because we had seen everything and he showed me the drop slip dated yesterday).  I messaged the sales guy at 10PM and asked about it.  He said it just came in and he thought it was a customer allocation, because all 6 they had received previously were customer allocations.  Well, this morning I get an excited text saying it wasn't allocated and he sent me a bunch of photos.  We drove down to check it out.  Couldn't drive it because it was still in nerfed "delivery" mode.  My wife and I talked about it for about 30 minutes, then they bought us lunch while they worked up some numbers.  In the end, the cold start rumble, massaging front seats, and two-tone leather treatment won the wife over.  The one thing she didn't like were the wheels.  I talked to them because the Coupe we were supposed to buy had the wheels we wanted.  Their manager wouldn't switch them out (I don't blame him it messes up his build sheets, but I wanted to ask anyway).  They came back and said they could paint them any color we wanted.  They do that occasionally for some of their other clients.  So, we picked the same satin black that was on the 911 GT3. Only issue is now we have to wait till Monday.  Either way I am like a kid waiting for Christmas, so is the wife.

This particular dealer had an exceptional dealer experience.  Hopefully it lasts, because I am finally getting a dream car in the stable.  The wife was even looking at the 911s for something down the road.

Here are the wheels we liked (same ones on the one we bought, just painted gloss black. We are getting Satin black because I think it goes better with the black trim pieces and won't show dust as bad):

Once you paint those other wheels in satin black, they will def look nicer than the above wheels.  It'll be worth the wait.

The only two Porsche's I will get (for myself) is the GT2 RS or the GT4 RS ... and given the GT2 RS is likely going to be out of my financial reach (at least without stretching myself too much) ... the GT4 RS is the one I'm gunning for ... just a matter of time. I think ....

The reservation is my older son is like ... your TTRS will destroy the GT4 RS ... and he's right, at least in straight line acceleration (I have a Stage 2+ build, 605 crank hp).  So, he's like, do you want performance that will beat the TTRS ... or something that will turn heads?  I do have to think about that ... because the alternative choice for me to the GT4 RS is a McLaren 720S or Artura ... but I heard that the McLaren's have lots of issues, in the shop frequently ... which I definitely don't want. On the other hand, the GT4 RS is a reliable vehicle.  

So, I'm stuck right now ... maybe others who know enough about the McLarens can chime in??
    That is a beautiful position to be in.  The GT4/3/2RS are absolutely amazing machines.  I would happily park any in my garage.  Same with a 720S.

Head turning, nod goes to McLaren.  They do have issues from what I have heard, but seems the newer ones have been more sorted.  I have zero first hand experience so just Internet warrior info.

The TT is wicked, but that doesn't mean you couldn't have something similar like a Porsche too.  Then you and your son can go to Cars&Coffee and on tours each in your own ride.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    dmourati said:

McLarens have become known for their poor fit and finish. I know earlier MP4-12C had a bunch of transmission and electrical issues. I would plan to stay stock or a very mild build as I've seen multiple McLaren builds throw rods. Even with Tavarish P1 build they were saying how bad some of the engine components were on a million dollar McLaren. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2023
    Here is me sitting in a GT4 RS.  My cowboy boots barely fit on the pedals.  Would definitely need some driving shoes, but that is a sacrifice I would gladly make.

• lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - that is quite a little stable right there.  Definitely high-roller country.  Hopefully the Mclaren gets a spot in the garage.  B)
    It must, as I haven’t been spotting it as of late. I hear it every now and then. 
  • Here is me sitting in a GT4 RS.  My cowboy boots barely fit on the pedals.  Would definitely need some driving shoes, but that is a sacrifice I would gladly make.

Did swmbo wash my key to her bimmer on purpose? I can’t be sure. But the odds that I dig through her purse to find a functional key are low. I am just calling this to your attention 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    This is a very interesting look at the EV delivery vans that Rivian builds for Amazon.  

https://youtu.be/gGrKVpYj_y4?si=0vbIp-o3-wlDY3Uc

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Our brand ambassador (salesman) sent me an update on the wheel progress.

• Corv
    Corv Posts: 417
    edited September 2023
    Hard to tell the tone of the paint, so this might not apply. I used to own a gray or silver car, and on cloudy days or when the sun wasn't high, other cars seemed not to spot it. I figured out that a gray car sure blended in, on a gray day on a gray road.
    That was a Prius, so your experience will hopefully be noticeably different.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Corv said:
    Hard to tell the tone of the paint, so this might not apply. I used to own a gray or silver car, and on cloudy days or when the sun wasn't high, other cars seemed not to spot it. I figured out that a gray car sure blended in, on a gray day on a gray road.
    That was a Prius, so your experience will hopefully be noticeably different.
    That is good advice, thank you.  Will be careful on cloudy days.  It is "Arctic Grey" photos don't do the color justice.

• @Ozzie_Isaac. Fantastic!! Safe travels and have fun 👍
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Corv
    Sure is a nice car, though....
    Incidentally, the Tesla that replaced my gray/silver Prius is white. It's my sixth white car. Very easy for me to live with, except that on snowy days white blends in too. Fortunately I have a raspberry red kayak that I can tie on top. I'd like to see someone invent a paint switch, that switches between white and a neon color on command.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @Ozzie_Isaac. Fantastic!! Safe travels and have fun 👍
    Have to watch out for Johnny Law.  Wife was doing 110 in a 65 when I asked if she knew how fast she was going .... she went "oh that was easy.. didn't even try" .... (Locals do 85 in this area, so not as bad as it sounds).

Have to watch out for Johnny Law.  Wife was doing 110 in a 65 when I asked if she knew how fast she was going 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Back to regularly scheduled programming:

Have to watch out for Johnny Law.  Wife was doing 110 in a 65 when I asked if she knew how fast she was going 

Is that Helena Bonham Carter? Off topic, but I saw both her and husband Tim Burton up close at a museum in Vatican City 15 years back. Didn’t approach out of respect for their privacy. 
  • Corv
    Love that red!

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    Saw a unimog in the campground today. Awesome restoration. Massive ground clearance. I couldn't get a pic so it did not happen. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI