Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    Maybe not Powerball odds but that's some luck. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,326
    edited August 2023
    Bump and pic a friend sent...
    *spelling edit
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    Neighbour (nod) letting the hired help park on the street?? B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    Neighbour (nod) letting the hired help park on the street?? B)
    The lot on which that house it situated and the bungalow on the corner just beyond used to be all one huge, glorious lot just a couple of years back. I was sad when they subdivided, but while I shun many new builds, I quite like that house. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    The first time I've seen a pulling truck get all wrapped up this past weekend. The sled took out part of the trucks box. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    So... not a full pull then? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    HeavyG said:
    So... not a full pull then? :)
    Full pull, and he turned to head to the parking lot.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    Took a photo of this, because I didn't realize Ferrari made a minivan, but it was clearly parked by a Ferrari owner.  Parking lot was full.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Took a photo of this, because I didn't realize Ferrari made a minivan, but it was clearly parked by a Ferrari owner.  Parking lot was full.

That parking lot isn't full.  I think you could squeeze one more in sideways in front of that van.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    ^^^ I miss the days when most tire valve caps had a slot cut in the top, so you could unscrew the valve stem and leave two flat tires (two because the a**holes probably had one spare).  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• lousubcap
    Occasionally I roll across some high roller automobiles that clearly would be a buy for several here.  Below is one of those sightings and for the record-not in the wild.  But if interested, shoot me a PM... =)

2022 812 GTS. Rosso Maranello with diamond turned wheels, Bordeaux and Nero Alcantara accents, carbon fiber inside and out, 789 horsepower  6.5 liter V12, 211mph top speed and with only 1,135 miles from new, $644,900.

Go baby, go! 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @lousubcap

Absolute beauty. Clearly, your brethren hover in the stratosphere. Now you gotta work your way into taking her for a rip. 😉
  • Botch
    I don't think I've seen Marques completely, utterly, speechless...

https://youtu.be/sF9xYtouZjY

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    just saw that the number 1 corvette dealer in the world is in the little backwoods wintry state of new hampshire....how is that possible.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    just saw that the number 1 corvette dealer in the world is in the little backwoods wintry state of new hampshire....how is that possible.....
    Well... according to their website:

"WELCOME TO THE WORLD'S LARGEST CORVETTE DEALER
    What makes us #1 in the world for Corvettes?  A great selection, nationwide shipping, and we sell our new Corvettes at MSRP."

I guess all the other dealers are a little greedy and add a "market adjustment value" premium (or similar bs) to the sticker price.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    HeavyG said:

What makes us #1 in the world for Corvettes?  A great selection, nationwide shipping, and we sell our new Corvettes at MSRP."

I guess all the other dealers are a little greedy and add a "market adjustment value" premium (or similar bs) to the sticker price.
    Still find it odd,  Nashua is pretty much a nothing hole compared to big cities. Maybe there's good donuts while looking around
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    A link to their website as the Corvette claim escapes me.
  • Botch
    HeavyG said:

Still find it odd,  Nashua is pretty much a nothing hole compared to big cities. Maybe there's good donuts while looking around
    I learned this back in '85, preparing to buy my first "decent" car (the Honda Prelude v2 was all the rage back then), by driving just a bit west into Indiana, could find it MSRP, while in Dayton there was a $4,000 premium.  Same situation in Albuturkey, Grand Forks, and here in Ogden.  
    (and don't poopoo on good doughnuts, it's at least worth the drive) :tongue:  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,002
    HeavyG said:

They’re less than an hour outside of Boston, no sales tax.  Maybe that has something to do with it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

I learned this back in '85, preparing to buy my first "decent" car (the Honda Prelude v2 was all the rage back then), by driving just a bit west into Indiana, could find it MSRP, while in Dayton there was a $4,000 premium.  Same situation in Albuturkey, Grand Forks, and here in Ogden.  
    This place will ship to you...sans the donuts, but maybe that's a bargaining point
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Best to buy expensive used cars in the money neighborhoods, more competition on the seller side
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    lousubcap said:
    A link to their website as the Corvette claim escapes me.
    https://www.macmulkincorvette.com/

https://www.macmulkin.net/

• lousubcap
    Thanks @HeavyG as I was/am too lazy to do the research.  He!! of a marketing/sales format they have and it appears to work.  Good for them.

• fishlessman
    HeavyG said:

They’re less than an hour outside of Boston, no sales tax.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

UpBotch said:
    HeavyG said:

Best to buy ex
    HeavyG said:

you have not lived here in a long time it appears.  mass collects the tax from nh purchases, especially on cars where its easy to collect it before you register it. they are greedy like that. even if you buy a vehicle in nh and move to mass 6 months later, you still pay that tax to mass. income tax is the same, it goes to mass if you live in nh and work in mass, it goes to mass if you live in mass and work in nh. they seem to have this covered
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,002

you have not lived here in a long time it appears.  mass collects the tax from nh purchases, especially on cars where its easy to collect it before you register it. they are greedy like that. even if you buy a vehicle in nh and move to mass 6 months later, you still pay that tax to mass. income tax is the same, it goes to mass if you live in nh and work in mass, it goes to mass if you live in mass and work in nh. they seem to have this covered
    Oh I thought that might have been the case, actually.  I was just guessing at what might provide an explanation.  I'm sure proximity to Boston helps, regardless of the tax issue.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike