Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• I feel like this one is right up @Botch’s alley. The owner has quite a stable and he shows up in a different vehicle every time he’s around. Audi RS e-tron. Not sure whether this one is a GT or not. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    ^^^ I've been admiring those; the wheels are sick!  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Undoubtedly, all this Canadian money rolls in from all the US Ag land they own!!

Kidding, not kidding, ey?!...

(comment presented to demonstrate populism)

pop·u·lism
    noun
    noun: populism
    a political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.

That car needs a quick spritz with a pressure washer. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,506
    @bbracey21 - That Porsche has got to be mid 70's vintage, based on the bumpers and antenna placement.  Definitely well cared for over the years....Beautiful.  The exhaust note is very distinctive. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Undoubtedly, all this Canadian money rolls in from all the US Ag land they own!!

Kidding, not kidding, ey?!...

(comment presented to demonstrate populism)

pop·u·lism
    noun
    noun: populism
    a political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.

Not to be that guy, but it’s “eh”. 🙃
  • WeberWho said:
    I'll keep the Porsche content going. GT4RS

Beautiful. My neighbour is currently shopping for one. Pretty hard to get right now. 
  • @bbracey21

Porsches have aged very well, IMO. She’s still got it. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,002
    Realizing I really should’ve taken pics of the Ferraris in Nice….
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    More increasingly this and newer generations of ICE sports cars will be more collectible.  

I can see in the Corvette world C1,2,8 and 9 (if there is one), will be overall way more collectible than the common models between those that mark the beginning and end of the ice years.  Plus some of the stingrays look like fiberglass Shriner bugs🤪 IMO

I had a prof at university that I really liked. Heading into an upcoming vacation, he told me he was going to Nice, to which I responded “Niiiiiiiice”, not knowing how Nice was spelled. He pointed it out and had a good laugh. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,002
    @JohnInCarolina

I had a prof at university that I really liked. Heading into an upcoming vacation, he told me he was going to Nice, to which I responded “Niiiiiiiice”, not knowing how Nice was spelled. He pointed it out and had a good laugh. 
    It’s really a beautiful part of the country.  I had a nice week there!  (pun intended)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    @GrateEggspectations - if you had fun with Nice, try Cannes.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lousubcap
    Okay - I have a narrow window of opportunity to find some true scores in the wild except all the Kentucky Oaks and Derby high rollers just hire a limo for their visit. 
    I may challenge myself to give it a go but have not been to the Derby since The Queen visit (2007) plus two years, She waved as did I but it was not that personal.  Missed a golden opportunity I figure.
    @CPFC1905 - enjoy the show on May 6th.  You will march well. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,946
    lousubcap said:
    Okay - I have a narrow window of opportunity to find some true scores in the wild except all the Kentucky Oaks and Derby high rollers just hire a limo for their visit. 
    I may challenge myself to give it a go but have not been to the Derby since The Queen visit (2007) plus two years, She waved as did I but it was not that personal.  Missed a golden opportunity I figure.
    Yes, Saturday is the big day - be sure to set your VHS, get out your best china and don your ceremonial regalia.  
    Tempting as it is to start a thread and give mine by minute update, I'll probably just tune in for the fly-past.   In fact I have taken to monitoring them on FlightRadar24.  
    Previously one of the dispersal routes has been over our house,  not the most exciting set of aircraft last time but still in formation - low and steady, then fanned out almost overhead.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    lousubcap said:
    Maybe it is time to visit your dentist?

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    @Ozzie_Isaac your timing is quite good as a routine visit is set up to happen within the next couple of weeks.  Perhaps I'll find one. 
  • nolaegghead
    For Ozzie:

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Ahh the good ole days - 1963 (when I was age 7)! Just like when my dad would spray down head to toe me and my little sister with military issue green cans of 100% DDT mosquito repellant. The things we used to think were acceptable eh?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Good thing you don’t lay eggs…
    I've laid a few eggs in my time.

• nolaegghead
    DDT is still used where malaria is a concern.  But at a much smaller scale.  It’s sprayed on clothes, tents, mosquito nets, homes… 
    this was the good stuff, actually worked on those nasty biting noseeum black flies. just cause pregnant women cant use it everyone else has to suffer........

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • this was the good stuff, actually worked on those nasty biting noseeum black flies. just cause pregnant women cant use it everyone else has to suffer........

It sounds like it has the added benefit of keeping pregnant women away. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,607
    I went to school with a guy named Kelly Love. Kelly drove a retired hearse to college. Naturally he lied and called it the Love Mobile.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited May 2023
    I guess you could call it a car sighting or rather a car observation. It appears that the rich white girl vehicle of choice when you want to act like you go off roading is now the new Ford bronco. There are dozens and dozens of them out here where I live all being driven by rich, blonde white girls. I find that humorous considering they all have 20" wheels on them, which would be terrible if they were actually being driven off-road. But they are all plain as day pavement princesses. Daddies money going to good use.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.