Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    Is that a ZR1?  That Cobra would be souch fun too!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    Is that a ZR1?  That Cobra would be souch fun too!

I believe the C8 ZR1 is slated fot a debut in 2025 or 2026
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,012
    The newer model red and white corvettes in the previous pics are going up for auction soon.  They belong to a friend of mine.  He's keeping the Cobra.  Says he's going to get a Barracuda and a GTO once he sells the Corvettes.  Doesn't like driving them as he and his wife don't feel safe in them due to very limited visibility to the sides and rear and the freakish speed/power.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,506
    @Foghorn - Since your friend is looking for changing out some of his cars, he should look for a Studebaker Avanti as a different ride.  Definitely not many out there. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Foghorn said:
    The newer model red and white corvettes in the previous pics are going up for auction soon.  They belong to a friend of mine.  He's keeping the Cobra.  Says he's going to get a Barracuda and a GTO once he sells the Corvettes.  Doesn't like driving them as he and his wife don't feel safe in them due to very limited visibility to the sides and rear and the freakish speed/power.
    That is a pretty crazy statement coming from a guy who is keeping the Cobra!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,002
    Foghorn said:
    That is a pretty crazy statement coming from a guy who is keeping the Cobra!
    I think the 0-60 time on the Cobra is around 6 seconds. 

The newer Corvettes cut that time in half.  That’s a pretty big difference.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    edited April 2023
    Marquez reviews Mercedes' new "ultimate efficiency" EV, 745 miles on a single charge.  It looks pretty cool, in its own unique way.  Some interesting technical details.

https://youtu.be/0ohREHijWSc

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,073
    @JohnInCarolina from a safety standpoint I would take a 2022 corvette over the cobra.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,073
    Personally I like the direction he’s heading in and if I could convince my wife that we need a barracuda and gto… however we got there, it’s a win
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @JohnInCarolina from a safety standpoint I would take a 2022 corvette over the cobra.
    That was kind of my point.. The Cobra has no safety features at all.  It is a tin can with, for the era, a massive powerplant.  Ancient suspension an ancient brakes.  Basically a go-kart.

• JohnInCarolina
    That was kind of my point.. The Cobra has no safety features at all.  It is a tin can with, for the era, a massive powerplant.  Ancient suspension an ancient brakes.  Basically a go-kart.
    Totally agree with you both, but what was referenced was the freakish speed/power, not the airbags or roll cage, traction control, etc. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,012
    edited April 2023
    I realize that there was no emphasis on my post to give any guidance, but if I had done so, it would have been the following:

"The newer model red and white corvettes in the previous pics are going up for auction soon.  They belong to a friend of mine.  He's keeping the Cobra.  Says he's going to get a Barracuda and a GTO once he sells the Corvettes.  Doesn't like driving them as he and his wife don't feel safe in them due to very limited visibility to the sides and rear and the freakish speed/power."

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Foghorn said:
    I realize that there was no emphasis on my post to give any guidance, but if I had done so, it would have been the following:

"The newer model red and white corvettes in the previous pics are going up for auction soon.  They belong to a friend of mine.  He's keeping the Cobra.  Says he's going to get a Barracuda and a GTO once he sells the Corvettes.  Doesn't like driving them as he and his wife don't feel safe in them due to very limited visibility to the sides and rear and the freakish speed/power."
    Thanks Dan.  If I recall the new Vettes have an actual display in the place of a rear-view mirror.  Basically, it's showing you what a camera that is positioned on the back of the car sees, rather than the view out the back - because there really isn't one.  I thought that was pretty cool when I saw it but could imagine it being unnerving to others. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I get it, but if I were driving one, I would concentrate my eyes out the front.  WAY out front!

I would turn the rear-view-display off, there's nothing back there gonna catch up.

Of course, spoken like a guy who will never find out how bad the visibility is....
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Foghorn said:

Thanks Dan.  If I recall the new Vettes have an actual display in the place of a rear-view mirror.  Basically, it's showing you what a camera that is positioned on the back of the car sees, rather than the view out the back - because there really isn't one.  I thought that was pretty cool when I saw it but could imagine it being unnerving to others. 
    My wife's SUV has this feature.  It took a few weeks of driving with it for me to get comfortable.  The refresh rate/LCD screen, for some weird reason, takes my brain an extra 1/4 second to focus on and process.  It is not the same as looking in a rear view mirror.  Now I can process the view with no delay, but at first I really disliked it.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    JohnInCarolina said:
    If I recall the new Vettes have an actual display in the place of a rear-view mirror.  Basically, it's showing you what a camera that is positioned on the back of the car sees, rather than the view out the back - because there really isn't one. 
    My back-up camera displays on the dash screen, not in the mirror.  But there's a neat feature to it that once I figured it out, is fantastic.  
    Backing out of a diagonal parking spot is a pain, but especially in a ragtop where the C-pillar blocks your entire view.  My backup camera, however, is just wide enough to see traffic approaching from 315˚, making backing out a cinch.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,192
    some people are friggin dangerous with the displays.  funniest thing is putting someone in the pilot seat of the boat while you are working on something in back, glancing up to see where we are going, they glue to the gps display as we are going to crash into something at 2.0 mph in a lake thats 16 miles across. some forget theres these big windows that you look thru to see where you are going
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    The Rolls Royce Phantom has multiple cameras in or near the front bumper. The car nose is so long that when you stop you might not be able to see past an object from where you are sitting in the car. I've seen a video where the Phantoms owner tries to exit his driveway onto a busy main street and has to watch his dash with the front cameras as his viewpoint out the drivers window was looking at a solid fence and brick pillar with no visual of the road since the front end is so long. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    The Rolls Royce Phantom has multiple cameras in or near the front bumper. The car nose is so long that when you stop you might not be able to see past an object from where you are sitting in the car. I've seen a video where the Phantoms owner tries to exit his driveway onto a busy main street and has to watch his dash with the front cameras as his viewpoint out the drivers window was looking at a solid fence and brick pillar with no visual of the road since the front end is so long. 
    Do Phantom owners drive their own car?

• WeberWho
    WeberWho said:

I'd imagine a good portion don't. This guy i believe bought it totaled one and rebuilt it. 

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

I'd imagine a good portion don't. This guy i believe bought it totaled one and rebuilt it. 
    Sounds like Tavarish.  If you like Supercars, and like watching people face impossible odds to rebuild something, then his YouTube channel is just for you.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

Sounds like Tavarish.  If you like Supercars, and like watching people face impossible odds to rebuild something, then his YouTube channel is just for you.

Did you see Tavarish bought that hurricane flooded McLaren P1? He did a video on it a few days ago. I'm pumped for the P1 series!

https://youtu.be/rJNqj_QNkWM

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited April 2023
    I also like to follow Legitstreetcars, Rich Rebuilds, Vise Grip Garage, Cletus McFarland, Ryan Mayer, Puddins Fab Shop, Car Wizard, Watch JR Go, and Westen Champlin.

It's pretty crazy to see Westen Champlin grow. I think he maybe had 50 subscribers at the time when I came across one of his videos. He's pushing 3 million subscribers now. It's crazy how some of these guys blow up within a few years. 

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    I also like to follow Legitstreetcars, Rich Rebuilds, Vise Grip Garage, Cletus McFarland, Ryan Mayer, Puddins Fab Shop, Car Wizard, Watch JR Go, and Westen Champlin.

It's pretty crazy to see Westen Champlin grow. I think he maybe had 50 subscribers at the time when I came across one of his videos. He's pushing 3 million subscribers now. It's crazy how some of these guys blow up within a few years. 
    You missed WhistlinDiesel and Matt's Off-road Recovery.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho said:

I guess those were just some of my the build channels I follow. Then there is others that I'll follow like Hoovies Garage, Doug Demuro, Steeetspeed717, Daily Driven Exotics, Stradman, Shmee150, Dennis Collins, etc. I'm a YouTube whore. I can't recall the last thing I've watched on TV besides sports. 

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

I guess those were just some of my the build channels I follow. Then there is others that I'll follow like Hoovies Garage, Doug Demuro, Steeetspeed717, Daily Driven Exotics, Stradman, Shmee150, Dennis Collins, etc. I'm a YouTube whore. I can't recall the last thing I've watched on TV besides sports. 
    Same here.  I cancelled all my "TV" stuff.

I really like Simon Whistler's channels too.  Lots of history, true crime, random facts, etc.  Good stuff to fall asleep too.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @GrateEggspectations that is gorgeous, love that you got to enjoy it.  As @lousubcap would say, that is living right.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Just noticed @GrateEggspectations that it was 3.5C.  That owner is an adventurer!  Risking that with snow on the ground and ice in the air.