Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,506
    @Ozzie_Isaac you definitely roll in an orbit where us pedestrians do not run separate water and filter lines for the garage water, never mind the plumbing.  I guess if you use hose water you also need the same in-line rigs to ensure the correct quality output.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,808
    edited April 2023
    @ozzie_isaac

Lol. I don’t, but I feel like I could quite enjoy doing that. I like it enough that I’m willing to do friends’ rides just for fun, as I was doing this weekend. I’ve never owned anything too fancy, but I always used to put huge effort into detailing my rides. I found my best results came from a wash, shammy, paint polish and then a wax - often taking nearly a whole day and leaving me feeling sore the next day. This may be controversial, but I would often put on Nu Finish before applying a coat of Meguiar’s synthetic wax. The cars looked like they were dripping wet. Just great results. If I can find pics somewhere, I’ll post them. I was pretty thorough with the interiors too. Upholstery and plastics vacuumed, protectant on the plastics, leather conditioner on the seats, windows cleaned inside and out, etc. 

I have never considered soft water and didn’t know that was a thing. I must still have a lot to learn. 

(Edit: My favourite point of emphasis were the wheels. So often overlooked, but there’s truly nothing quite like a nicely waxed rim.)
  • @kl8ton

That’s great to hear. For some stability, he should see if he can drum up a small commercial contract that would guarantee a steady stream of business - a small fleet facing regular usage, like a local limo company. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    @kl8ton

That’s great to hear. For some stability, he should see if he can drum up a small commercial contract that would guarantee a steady stream of business - a small fleet facing regular usage, like a local limo company. 
    Right now it's a side gig as he works full time in Tool and Die. He's been signing people up for bi weekly exterior and monthly interior service. He has like 6 friends as employees. He's a fake it until you make it kind of a guy.  I'm more of a I want to be perfect and completely fluent in something before I even attempt to make money at it kind of guy.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    I always used to put huge effort into detailing my rides. I found my best results came from a wash, shammy, paint polish and then a wax - often taking nearly a whole day and leaving me feeling sore the next day. This may be controversial, but I would often put on Nu Finish before applying a coat of Meguiar’s synthetic wax. The cars looked like they were dripping wet. Just great results. If I can find pics somewhere, I’ll post them. I was pretty thorough with the interiors too. Upholstery and plastics vacuumed, protectant on the plastics, leather conditioner on the seats, windows cleaned inside and out, etc. 
    I straddled that rabbit hole for a couple years, after I bought my first/last New car.  Two years ago I drove it into a detailing shop who polished the whole thing, and then applied a ceramic coating.  It still beads up water nicely, but I'm about to try some cheaper waxes or those new graphene coatings this Spring (we've got another snowstorm coming in Tuesday, so ph*ckit it ain't Spring here yet)  I don't want to invest $1,200 every two years on the ceramic stuff.
    And I'm curious what you're using for plastic protectants; I won't use Armor-All anymore, and my 5-yr-old Audi needs some TLC at this point.
    I did watch for awhile a 'tube channel called "Pan the Organizer"; he's definitely a shill for all the companies that support his channel (and his BMWs, and his beautiful heated garage with built-in drains and soft-water sprayers, in Canadia, etc) but I give him credit for his "end-of-year" top rated products for any car-detailing products: he selects one for each category (but I'm still frustrated with his habit of stretching out 4 minutes of good info into a 25-minute video).    

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Botch said:
    I always used to put huge effort into detailing my rides. I found my best results came from a wash, shammy, paint polish and then a wax - often taking nearly a whole day and leaving me feeling sore the next day. This may be controversial, but I would often put on Nu Finish before applying a coat of Meguiar’s synthetic wax. The cars looked like they were dripping wet. Just great results. If I can find pics somewhere, I’ll post them. I was pretty thorough with the interiors too. Upholstery and plastics vacuumed, protectant on the plastics, leather conditioner on the seats, windows cleaned inside and out, etc. 
    I straddled that rabbit hole for a couple years, after I bought my first/last New car.  Two years ago I drove it into a detailing shop who polished the whole thing, and then applied a ceramic coating.  It still beads up water nicely, but I'm about to try some cheaper waxes or those new graphene coatings this Spring (we've got another snowstorm coming in Tuesday, so ph*ckit it ain't Spring here yet)  I don't want to invest $1,200 every two years on the ceramic stuff.
    And I'm curious what you're using for plastic protectants; I won't use Armor-All anymore, and my 5-yr-old Audi needs some TLC at this point.
    I did watch for awhile a 'tube channel called "Pan the Organizer"; he's definitely a shill for all the companies that support his channel (and his BMWs, and his beautiful heated garage with built-in drains and soft-water sprayers, in Canadia, etc) but I give him credit for his "end-of-year" top rated products for any car-detailing products: he selects one for each category (but I'm still frustrated with his habit of stretching out 4 minutes of good info into a 25-minute video).    
    You might want to check out the 303 UV Protectant stuff.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,506
    Yep- at least for me.  Spotted one yesterday but driving solo no pics.  At least the company is not into "vegan leather" like Rivian at least as far as I can tell.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    Foghorn said:
    Does this fit here??
    I keep seeing them around town. Haven't got a pic yet. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • @Foghorn

Absolutely, from my (meaningless) perspective. Have never seen one of those in the wild. 
  • I feel like the car’s air freshener needs to be an offering from Odor-Eaters. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    if this boots a rockin....dont come a knockin.   only in maine =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Usually they’re made in pairs…but either way have an affinity for dog sh!t in grass - BE CAREFUL!!!

Sorry, I had missed your question. Straight Armor-All to date for me. I find that the sheen to the dash and such is great, but the tacky residue always seems excessive. 

What has your experience been? Why did you give up on it?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    LL Bean Bootmobile  Pop-Up Shop to Visit Campus Oct 4

only three were made

Why a whole three?!?!?  
    And, OMG, if the hispanic low-rider community gets a hold of these things, they're going to bring back heel/toe square-dancing music!   :o 
    They all must be RPG'd, stat!  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• fishlessman
    Botch said:
    LL Bean Bootmobile  Pop-Up Shop to Visit Campus Oct 4

only three were made

Why a whole three?!?!?  
    And, OMG, if the hispanic low-rider community gets a hold of these things, they're going to bring back heel/toe square-dancing music!   :o 
    They all must be RPG'd, stat!  
    That's what makes it exotic. Just three.  And I'm sure that there's some exotica in these boots😁
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,073
    Is that their “guaranteed for life” surveillance scam van?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    That's the boot they stick up your arse. Buy shnees if you are looking for this style boot. Bean is not what it used to be
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,073
    That's the boot they stick up your arse. Buy shnees if you are looking for this style boot. Bean is not what it used to be
    Xtra tough went to sheet too fwiw
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137

That is a killer setup!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,607
    billt01 said:

something tells me the hamsters under the hood are where its at..
    The joke on the electric car forums, worse than the Toyota Buzzy Forks.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120

Nice trumpet!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Didn't get a picture before he drove off but saw a 911 turbo S in Electric lime green today at Kroger. Bout soiled myself.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.