Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    I guess you could call it a car sighting or rather a car observation. It appears that the rich white girl vehicle of choice when you want to act like you go off roading is now the new Ford bronco. There are dozens and dozens of them out here where I live all being driven by rich, blonde white girls. I find that humorous considering they all have 20" wheels on them, which would be terrible if they were actually being driven off-road.
    Easy Tiger, easy……my wife happens to be one of those blonde girls. Don’t hate as you off road in your Lexus lol. Hers is purely a mall crawler. No Sasquatch package lol
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited May 2023
    ColbyLang said:
    I guess you could call it a car sighting or rather a car observation. It appears that the rich white girl vehicle of choice when you want to act like you go off roading is now the new Ford bronco. There are dozens and dozens of them out here where I live all being driven by rich, blonde white girls. I find that humorous considering they all have 20" wheels on them, which would be terrible if they were actually being driven off-road.
    Easy Tiger, easy……my wife happens to be one of those blonde girls. Don’t hate as you off road in your Lexus lol. Hers is purely a mall crawler. No Sasquatch package lol
    My Lexus is way more capable than a Bronco, even when picking up my drinks in the wild
    of The Starbucks parking lot(inside joke). I just find it funny that Ford spent millions upon millions of dollars to market this thing as the next jeep with rugged, manly outdoor capability and the main people that buy it are 16 year old blonde girls. Fair point though as most of the people driving around a Lexus GX460 are rich soccer moms.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    My Lexus is way more capable than a Bronco, even when picking up my drinks in the wild
    of The Starbucks parking lot(inside joke). I just find it funny that Ford spent millions upon millions of dollars to market this thing as the next jeep with rugged, manly outdoor capability and the main people that buy it are 16 year old blonde girls. Fair point though as most of the people driving around a Lexus GX460 are rich soccer moms.
    As a Bronco owner (had a 74 and now have a 21), ford screwed up big time with the Bronco. While perfectly capable, the build constraints are just absurd. Next time you see a lifted Jeep, pay attention as to who’s driving it. Lotta HS girls in them. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I guess you could call it a car sighting or rather a car observation. It appears that the rich white girl vehicle of choice when you want to act like you go off roading is now the new Ford bronco. There are dozens and dozens of them out here where I live all being driven by rich, blonde white girls. I find that humorous considering they all have 20" wheels on them, which would be terrible if they were actually being driven off-road. But they are all plain as day pavement princesses. Daddies money going to good use.
    I need to move to Texas, obviously.  I love blondes with Daddy's money, or ex-husband's money!  Daddy issues or vindictive tendencies along with a lifted Bronco FTW!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,073
    I guess you could call it a car sighting or rather a car observation. It appears that the rich white girl vehicle of choice when you want to act like you go off roading is now the new Ford bronco. There are dozens and dozens of them out here where I live all being driven by rich, blonde white girls. I find that humorous considering they all have 20" wheels on them, which would be terrible if they were actually being driven off-road. But they are all plain as day pavement princesses. Daddies money going to good use.
    pics.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I went to school with a guy named Kelly Love. Kelly drove a retired hearse to college. Naturally he lied and called it the Love Mobile.
    Could have been both. Necrophilia. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Just remember that marketing is aimed at those who don’t actually use the item for what’s intended. They want to appear as if they do. Doesn’t matter what it is. If Ford wanted to build a true off road vehicle for its intended purpose, they would have roughly copied the 1943 Willy’s and put independent suspension, lockers and given it some more horsepower. 

Me personally. I love wealthy people who sell/trade in high end products with absolutely zero use. Never a good idea to buy a product that has been used for its intended purpose by country folk. They have worn it plumb out. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    A rare exotic, A Lexus GX460 built for its intended purpose.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    Nice! What's the plan for the rack?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    WeberWho said:
    Nice! What's the plan for the rack?
    For now nothing. I have a rear ladder arriving this week. Mostly just going to use it for hauling lumber and gear. 

Phase 2 will be rock sliders and just some brackets for different equipment and carrying cases for gear. I'll add a lift and a rear tire carrier probably next year. 

Phase 3 a couple years from now will be winch in front and an awning then I'll basically be done.

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Looks capable @TEXASBGE2018. I’m sure it will be lots of fun 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    Back in the initial conversations I seem to remember that personal rides were off-limits..
    However, I yield to the originator-
    But nice ride right there-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    Could be mommies money too.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,607
    Could be mommies money too.
    Nope daddies money is “our” money and mommies money is mommies.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    A rare exotic, A Lexus GX460 built for its intended purpose.

Seriously underated vehicle.  They are absolutely wicked off-road.  Glad to see one being built out and used.

• WeberWho
    OJ hanging out at our local Legion. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    Who's the driver??? B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Who's the driver??? B)
    Not Ron Goldman.

• ColbyLang
    lousubcap said:
    Who's the driver??? B)
    Not Ron Goldman.
    Can’t confirm it’s an Eddie Bauer edition either. OJ didn’t roll in an XLT 
  • WeberWho
    ColbyLang said:
    lousubcap said:
    Who's the driver??? B)
    Not Ron Goldman.
    Can’t confirm it’s an Eddie Bauer edition either. OJ didn’t roll in an XLT 

OJ rolled in the XLT version. I believe that era of Broncos that were the Eddie Bauer edition had the painted cream/beige rockers on them. 

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600

A rare sighting here in Michigan.  No visible rust.  This car sits in a driveway at an old home just outside of our housing development.  I'm assuming it is an old lady who is in a nursing home and the kids can't sell the place just yet.  It has a Michigan plate on it that hasn't been legal for use for at least 12 years. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    kl8ton said:

It looks like it's maybe an old Chevy Celebrity. That is strange to see one in general sitting around more less one that's not rotted out.  

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:

It looks like it's maybe an old Chevy Celebrity. That is strange to see one in general sitting around more less one that's not rotted out.  
    I think mid 80s cavalier. I'll get a better look someday. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:

I think mid 80s cavalier. I'll get a better look someday. 

I think you nailed it! I always think the first Cavalier was the late 80's/early 90's version of it. Definitely not a Celebrity. 

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• Neat visual. Never knew the GT2 RS was so much pricier and more powerful than the GT3. 
  • lousubcap
    So @Ozzie_Isaac How many and what colours (nod) for your latest stable build ??
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    So @Ozzie_Isaac How many and what colours (nod) for your latest stable build ??
    I have terrible taste, but since you asked

I would love an a GT3 RS in Pastel Orange.  I would honestly be happy with any version on this list in any color.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629

Neat visual. Never knew the GT2 RS was so much pricier and more powerful than the GT3. 
    Ruf CRT2
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga