Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For Car Lovers: Some Recent Exotic Spottings

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,002
    Langner91 said:
    I love looking at those old brochures.  It amazes me how many models they made.  Today, Chevy makes one "car".  
    That is true, but it’s one heckofa ride:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    edited May 2023
    Good point, actually, three cars.  Malibu, Camaro and Corvette.

The Camaro and Corvette show up under "Performance" on their website, only the Malibu shows up on "Cars".
    Clinton, Iowa
  • JohnInCarolina
    Is it kosher if they're spotted on YouTube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySLHgsln8_s
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,503
    Well now- I am not sure the target market for that Lambo but for those with more money than sense I am sure it will sell. 
    Next it will get rigged with a tow bar and front winch as options.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    lousubcap said:
    Well now- I am not sure the target market for that Lambo but for those with more money than sense I am sure it will sell. 
    Next it will get rigged with a tow bar and front winch as options.  B)
    Sir, I am the target audience (minus the actual resources to buy).  That is glorious.  Will go great with a matching Rally Porsche!!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    First real nice weekend this year. 70 degree's and sunny. Only picture I've been able to get is the Mustang above. I missed the McLaren 720s, (2) McLaren 570's, Lamborghini Gallardo, Lamborghini Aventador (Yesterday), Ferrari California, and a bunch of older muscle cars. Nice to see people enjoying the weather. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    @WeberWho - You are taking a page from @GrateEggspectations regarding the neighbourhood (nod) you experience.  That's a he!! of a sighting collection right there. 
    I'm enjoying similar weather but nothing close to the rides. I'll go on a seek and find tomorrow as the weather is supposed (key word) to be even nicer than today.  Maybe I can find me a vegan leather ride B).
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,209
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - You are taking a page from @GrateEggspectations regarding the neighbourhood (nod) you experience.  That's a he!! of a sighting collection right there. 
    I'm enjoying similar weather but nothing close to the rides. I'll go on a seek and find tomorrow as the weather is supposed (key word) to be even nicer than today.  Maybe I can find me a vegan leather ride B).
    It's a pretty rare sighting to see those type of vehicles around here. I was all over the Twin Cities this morning. So I covered a bunch of miles and people took advantage of the nice weather. I'm lucky to see 3-4 of those a year. My first time seeing an Aventador. That was pretty cool. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    WeberWho said:
    First real nice weekend this year. 70 degree's and sunny. Only picture I've been able to get is the Mustang above. I missed the McLaren 720s, (2) McLaren 570's, Lamborghini Gallardo, Lamborghini Aventador (Yesterday), Ferrari California, and a bunch of older muscle cars. Nice to see people enjoying the weather. 
    Ah, the @HeavyG version of car sightings.
    :rofl:
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    That is definitely well played @Ozzie_Isaac.  Congrats!
  • lousubcap
    Joe Walsh right there-
    Nice catch.
    I did see a sweet ride while out earlier today but no pic so it doesn't count. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,010
    ^^^ Wasn't a "catch", just something I saw on EweTube that made me smile.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 459
    saw one of these up in maine friday, stored in a blue garage (faded blue tarp) over the winter

My Dad had a 49 MGtc. Such great memories of my Dad and the car. 
    IL 
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    The vehicle is not exotic but the license plate made me laugh. Not sure who would or why anyone would want this one.

Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • lousubcap
    Cougar on the prowl!
  • ksmyrl said:
    The vehicle is not exotic but the license plate made me laugh. Not sure who would or why anyone would want this one.

Judging by the (symmetrical) dents in the tailgate, the owner already received a good spanking. 
  • JohnInCarolina
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,137
    edited May 2023
    Love SLABs.  Perhaps the best thing to come out of Houston.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,600
    WeberWho said:
    For @Botch

I had a 68. Didn't look that good. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    WeberWho said:
    For @Botch

:heart:

I've been following some of the recent reviews VW's new electric bus, and am quite sad.  The thing is a pig, weight-wise (over 5,000 lbs) and for some reviewers, only has a range of about 150-170 miles.  
    I don't know what the weight of my beloved '77 was, but it was light enough that, when the battery died, I was able to push-start it by myself (mostly-empty parking lot, I pushed it against the driver's-side door frame up to a fast trot (or mebbe running out of parking lot), hopped into the seat, and popped the clutch.  Buh. Buh. Puh-puh. Puh-puh-brrpt-idle!)  This technique did not work on my 2nd Saab, even though I had help pushing it (damn electronics).   

• Botch

Dayam I want one of these!   

This would be so much fun to take to any motorcycle rally, car show, or even Sturgis!  The Brembos, the CF straight exhaust, even the MotoGP-style windscreen (Dixie-cup sized!)