Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

remote BAM Blast?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Good to catch up with y’all, if only via Zoom.

Missed seeing
    @YukonRon
    @DoubleEgger
    @theyolksonyou
    @Jeremiah
    @northGAcock
    @gonepostal
    @SandyHookEgger
    @Sea2Ski
    and others I’m sure I missed tagging. 

Already looking forward to the next one. 
    Brother Johnny.....I am in a world of busy at the moment. I was unable to jump on.....but did think about you guys all day yesterday. Until our paths cross again......Cheers
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,745
    edited April 2020
    Options
    johnnyp said:

Missed seeing
    @YukonRon
    @DoubleEgger
    @theyolksonyou
    @Jeremiah
    @northGAcock
    @gonepostal
    @SandyHookEgger
    @Sea2Ski

Brother Johnny.....I am in a world of busy at the moment. I was unable to jump on.....but did think about you guys all day yesterday. Until our paths cross again......Cheers
    Missed you, Robin. 

And I think @SandyHookEgger was ejected before he could even get his beer in a coozie...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    caliking said:
    johnnyp said:

Missed seeing
    @YukonRon
    @DoubleEgger
    @theyolksonyou
    @Jeremiah
    @northGAcock
    @gonepostal
    @SandyHookEgger
    @Sea2Ski

Missed you, Robin. 

And I think @SandyHookEgger was ejected before he could even get his beer in a coozie...
    I didn't so much as have a Bloody myself yesterday. One thing i really missed was not having a morning beverage with you all. We will again some day.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    18 hours for this beatch. Best one, flavor and texture wise, that I've done. Color still is underwhelming and since it was unwrapped the entire smoke the narrow end of the flat was dried up the first few slices.

Looks good to me. I’d hit it for sure 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,607
    Options
    Solid outcome right there.  I would be all over that.  Congrats.
    Regarding the thin section of the flat, I foil protect it for the first several hours to help reduce the potential for drying out.  Still a crap-shoot.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,372
    Options
    Great job on that brisket.   Nice to see you cut it off before the internal hit the mid 230s.  

I made a nice recovery today from a disastrous Fri/Sat.   Pics to follow. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    I will also say.  

PSA:   Check your thermos regularly.  One was way outta whack.  I’ll usually calibrate before any long low and slow cook.  It worked great on a pork butt last week.  Failed me on the brisket Friday night.  I will confess my drunkenness was a larger contributor to the Sat am massacre than the thermo, but...
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    I still can’t believe @nolaegghead had Ann Coulter at his house for the Zoom meeting last night.  That was really kewl.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I still can’t believe @nolaegghead had Ann Coulter at his house for the Zoom meeting last night.  That was really kewl.  
    Some strange occurrences were afoot last night at Casa Nola. I was pretty buzzed up and I’m still not sure what was real and what was not. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    thetrim said:

Nice recovery indeed. Holy moly that looks good

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,373
    Options
    Nice work @thetrim
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,888
    Options
    thetrim said:

You had me at tater tots.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Some strange occurrences were afoot last night at Casa Nola. I was pretty buzzed up and I’m still not sure what was real and what was not. 
    And I have laughed out loud a few times today about @bubbajack and his “effed-up neighbor” last night. My god you people are crazy. There are very few groups of people that make me feel better about my drinking habits. I have found one of them :) 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    thetrim said:
    And I have laughed out loud a few times today about @bubbajack and his “effed-up neighbor” last night. My god you people are crazy. There are very few groups of people that make me feel better about my drinking habits. I have found one of them :) 
    If you are wondering what the other groups are:

1-Russians
    2-Canadians. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    thetrim said:

1-Russians
    2-Canadians. 
    What about the USA men's curling team??   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    thetrim said:

1-Russians
    2-Canadians. 
    What about the USA men's curling team??   B)
    Too small of a sample size 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Perhaps but the behavior fits right in there.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Frank. You should’ve joined.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Perhaps but the behavior fits right in there.
    For sure. The corn hole league as well but This crew has them all beat. 
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Hey, he saved a man's life last night 😂

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    thetrim said:
    Dude got in a fight with a tree and lost. 
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    I will say that Friday and Saturday night were the most laughs that I have had in recent months. We should totally do these on some sort of routine.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I will say that Friday and Saturday night were the most laughs that I have had in recent months. We should totally do these on some sort of routine.
    I agree 100%. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,745
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    thetrim said:
    Dude got in a fight with a tree and lost. 
    I still haven’t figured out which party was mobile at the time... the tree, or the neighbor??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,270
    Options
    Damn,

I wish would’ve opened this thread a couple days ago, I definitely would have joined in. 

Cheers to Brent, you are missed my friend.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Those Dogwood trees have a mean side.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.