Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good things you have seen as a result of the Corona Virus.....

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,800
    lousubcap said:
    Regarding the vertical paper towel feed direction;  Right handers prefer the close right to left feed and left handers the opposite as the first up towel is right there.
    That said, given around 10-11% of the population is left handed we (yes, hard over left handed) are screwed from the get-go.  So the challenge is real!  
     Wait... There are still left-handed people ?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,232
    Yep. The struggle is real. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    vertical paper towel holder, i would be pissed if some one spent my money on something as useless as that. i do have a horizontal one that came with the house where i hang the tongs. the invisible ones are more handy, kitchen counter, coffee table, side table, dining table, bathroom

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,723
    vertical paper towel holder, i would be pissed if some one spent my money on something as useless as that. i do have a horizontal one that came with the house where i hang the tongs. the invisible ones are more handy, kitchen counter, coffee table, side table, dining table, bathroom

Try and tear a piece off one handed...
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044

Happily married 29 years and it keeps the paper towels out of the counter splash next to the sink.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    Legume said:

Happily married 29 years and it keeps the paper towels out of the counter splash next to the sink.

i sometimes lay the paper towels on top of the tongs over the paper towel holder over the sink, one stands on the butcher block, one next to the stove.   theres probably 8 rolls scattered around the house =) all in need of a vertical paper towel holder?  maybe thats why im happily single
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    You guys just don't realize how critical this simple appliance is.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns_fcuNbQ_g

:lol:  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• dmchicago said:
    caliking said:
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:
    I’ve seen my wife as an awesome teacher for my four year old. Sure his curriculum is not that stout but she is working from home and still taking care of a lot of the kid’s meals and learning. 

I am very thankful that my family genuinely enjoys hanging out together, been like a long vacation for us and minimal drama. 
    Amen to paragraph 2!
    Although I must admit that if anything is going to divide us during this it is my wife’s habit of leaving the sponge in the bottom of the sink when we have a rack stuck to the side of the sink specifically for the dang sponge!  =)
    Don’t get me started. There’s one way to load the dishwasher... mine. 
    Ray Charles loads the dishwasher better than my wife.
    Have you been reading about the host of celebrities claiming Stevie Wonder can see?! 
    I say JoLo could easily prove this using a method that I won’t divulge in polite company.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,546
    Haven't seen the deep discount with wings but a couple of days ago the local Kroger had chix drumsticks priced at $0.29/lb. Game on!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    dmchicago said:
    caliking said:
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:
    I’ve seen my wife as an awesome teacher for my four year old. Sure his curriculum is not that stout but she is working from home and still taking care of a lot of the kid’s meals and learning. 

I am very thankful that my family genuinely enjoys hanging out together, been like a long vacation for us and minimal drama. 
    Amen to paragraph 2!
    Although I must admit that if anything is going to divide us during this it is my wife’s habit of leaving the sponge in the bottom of the sink when we have a rack stuck to the side of the sink specifically for the dang sponge!  =)
    Don’t get me started. There’s one way to load the dishwasher... mine. 
    Ray Charles loads the dishwasher better than my wife.
    Have you been reading about the host of celebrities claiming Stevie Wonder can see?! 
    I say JoLo could easily prove this using a method that I won’t divulge in polite company.
    That method may or may not have been referenced in another thread.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    I had to go back to page 9 to retrieve this thread.

Great story.

Not a felon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Foghorn said:
    I just took delivery of 100 wagyu ribeyes from a friend who wanted to say “thank you” to health care providers during the pandemic. He has a ranch with a heard of wagyu cattle. They are packaged with 2 steaks per pack so I can distribute them to 50 providers. 

I sent out an email and 90% of them got picked up within 30 minutes. 

this needs an Awesome button
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,037
    YukonRon said:
    Foghorn said:
    I just took delivery of 100 wagyu ribeyes from a friend who wanted to say “thank you” to health care providers during the pandemic. He has a ranch with a heard of wagyu cattle. They are packaged with 2 steaks per pack so I can distribute them to 50 providers. 

this needs an Awesome button
    Here you go!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Foghorn said:
    I just took delivery of 100 wagyu ribeyes from a friend who wanted to say “thank you” to health care providers during the pandemic. He has a ranch with a heard of wagyu cattle. 

Excellent, Foghorn!  
    Gotta ask, does he massage the cattle, or is that strictly a Japanese thing?  

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,013
    @Botch, I'm not aware of any massaging.  But I haven't visited the ranch - yet.  Waiting for better conditions to visit and probably bring a few eggheads for some cooking/butchering/sausagemaking.  He's intrigued by stories of my escapades with @The Cen-Tex Smoker , @20stone , @caliking.  He wants to learn how to make gourmet sausage from us and has quite the setup that will allow it to be as efficient as possible.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,059
    During the virus shutdown the Vols football recruiting has been kicking.   No practice so it’s all about recruiting.

Man I hope we get to play some college football this fall.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,800
    Foghorn said:

I checked, but did not receive any email from you today...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Foghorn said:
    @Botch, I'm not aware of any massaging.  But I haven't visited the ranch - yet.  Waiting for better conditions to visit and probably bring a few eggheads for some cooking/butchering/sausagemaking.  He's intrigued by stories of my escapades with @The Cen-Tex Smoker , @20stone , @caliking.  He wants to learn how to make gourmet sausage from us and has quite the setup that will allow it to be as efficient as possible.
    If the "better conditions" are good enough, and you could use another pair of hands (even if to sweep, do dishes, and provide huevos rancheros for breakfast,) PM me!  

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Botch said:
    Foghorn said:
    If the "better conditions" are good enough, and you could use another pair of hands (even if to sweep, do dishes, and provide huevos rancheros for breakfast,) PM me!  
    Fess up. You had to look up the spellin on huevos rancheros didn’t you. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,723
    MotownVol said:
    During the virus shutdown the Vols football recruiting has been kicking.   No practice so it’s all about recruiting.

Man I hope we get to play some college football this fall.
    Gotta find someone to beat Georgia State...
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    buying all sorts of tools and power equipment due to total boredom at home.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,013
    @caliking, I texted you.  But it was "must be present to win". @Botch, this pandemic got in the way of my plan to develop relationships that bring my ranching friends, my egghead friends, and my work friends together for some spectacular cooking/butchering/sausagemaking events.  We took step one with our last sauscutapalooza in January but have been on hold since then. 

When I met with my two ranchowning buddies yesterday and mentioned that over time we could end up growing this to the level of a Burning Man festival (I wanted to compare it to Brisket Camp or Butt Blast but neither of them would know what those terms mean) on one of the ranches, neither of them flinched.  They both just nodded their heads approvingly.  

So, your offer to join us for some of our escapades is noted and appreciated.

With all that being said, when we get to resuming these sorts of activities, we'll probably start small and grow them as we learn the lay of the land (lodging capacity, etc) and develop some trust.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    northGAcock said:
    Nope, not that one (probably because I make the best huevos rancheros in the state).  
    Now I will admit the Mac OS is constantly correcting my spelling of other words... :blush:  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,037
    Botch said:
    northGAcock said:
    Nope, not that one (probably because I make the best huevos rancheros in the state).  
    Now I will admit the Mac OS is constantly correcting my spelling of other words... :blush:  
    Robin's computer tries to correct his spelling too, he just overrules it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike