Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good things you have seen as a result of the Corona Virus.....

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Not to pat myself on the back, but I've been collecting a lot of pull tabs for that sweet girl in NC.
    So have I. Need to stock up on cans more than TP.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    edited March 2020
    Options
    northGAcock Kudos for starting this thread. Nice to to see a little more of this perspective.
    Stillwater, MN
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    with all the precautions, flu deaths should be dropping
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Great thread topic!

Favorite so far is that there are no samples being handed out at Costco.  No aisle clogging, no restricted corners,  etc. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Not much unfortunately. Most everyone I’ve seen have just been 12% less selfish than 2 weeks ago. I did see a coworker bring another coworker 2 rolls of TP though.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Great thread topic!

Favorite so far is that there are no samples being handed out at Costco.  No aisle clogging, no restricted corners,  etc. 
    Ahmm... have you been to Costco during this pandemic?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    ColtsFan said:m
    I think we're definitely seeing unity as a nation, or even global for that matter.

We gotta look out for each other and we are.

Example: I just moved into a new house. It's in a rural area and I have one neighbor that's close. He walked over yesterday evening while he was working his garden, introduced himself, asked what I was shooting the other day because he's an avid gun collector. We shot the sheet for about 10 minutes and he asked if I was going to put out a garden. I told him that I have plans for a raised bed, but just haven't gotten to it yet. His response was "We're neighbors and if you don't get around to it I will have plenty to share". That, my friends, is the foundation in which this country was built.

In all this chaos, we just have to be nice to people. We're all in this together. Social status, income level, race, gender doesn't matter.....

We all have to do our part.
    And that sir, is why I love the Midwest. I’ve called it home for 60 years.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Great thread topic!

Ahmm... have you been to Costco during this pandemic?  
    Unfortunately  I pretty much had to.  I can only store so much food in the camper,  so when we got back to MI from FL, I went in to stock up.  12 boxes cheerios,  2 cases rice milk,  two of the 17 lb bags basmati rice,  etc.
    With the 60lbs of rolled oats we just picked up somewhere else, along with several 5 gallon food safe buckets  of various beans,  we should be good for a while now. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    with all the precautions, flu deaths should be dropping
    ... until the spring breakers return home.  :angry:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Reduced carbon emissions. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I don't think this is necessarily good, but, well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo7HB-slsm4

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    This isn't necessarily the result of the outbreak, but I just saw that Season 3 of Ozark will be released on 3/27.  Giddyup on that.  
    I swung by Ruth’s place a little while back via boat  
  • Botch
    Options

Weird Al Yankovich stated on twitter or something that he would not do this video.  Looks like someone else did it for him.  
    Was pretty funny, until one of your parents succumb...  :|

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    This isn't necessarily the result of the outbreak, but I just saw that Season 3 of Ozark will be released on 3/27.  Giddyup on that.  
    Have you watched the trailer?

cant wait. Probably binge it in 3 days. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

You won’t believe this, but two nights ago, the thought of “My Corona” sung to the melody of “My Sharona” would not vacate my mind. It was not pleasant, but persistent. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Hopefully no more of Canada criticism about the US wanting to seal off our Southern border.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Hopefully no more of Canada criticism about the US wanting to seal off our Southern border.
    fact check: it's a mutual agreement between the 2 TRU's 
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51949243

did Mexico agree to the wall, let alone paying for it?
    canuckland
  • JustBuggin
    JustBuggin Posts: 109
    Options
    And back on topic....

One nice thing I see is more people washing their hands. I work in an office building and every day I'm amazed at how many don't wash their hands regularly, including coming out of a bathroom. It takes like a minute to do yet people just walk right out. Nice to see more washing now for sure.
  • Botch
    Options
    They're predicting an upswing in Drive-In movie theaters.  

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Have you watched the trailer?

cant wait. Probably binge it in 3 days. 
    Watched it!  It looks incredible. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

You won’t believe this, but two nights ago, the thought of “My Corona” sung to the melody of “My Sharona” would not vacate my mind. It was not pleasant, but persistent. 
    I can believe it, because nearly the same thing happened to me!  So many glitches in the Matrix these days my friend.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Botch said:
    Here comes the baby boom. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Botch said:
    our subdivision sits on what used to be a drive-in 30+ years ago, so ya I'm watching drive-in all the time  =)
    canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Well I am saving money on gas and haircuts. On the plus side Walmart has an employee wiping down carts. Less optimistic, several people wearing face mask. I guess I was the only one who brought their own Lysol wipe to clean my cart handles.