Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good things you have seen as a result of the Corona Virus.....

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    A Facebook friend of mine (a teacher) point out, "Prayer, and spankings, are now back in the schools!"  :lol:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,305
    Options
    Botch said:
    A Facebook friend of mine (a teacher) point out, "Prayer, and spankings, are now back in the schools!"  :lol:

Strange how they go together.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    We are having dinner at the table for all meals, and spending lots of quality time together.  My neighbor got walkie talkies and my son and his are talking all day on them. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Yntte and I took our grand-dog out for a walk in a nice little neighborhood. Someone (I am assuming some young folks living nearby) had gone around and chalked uplifting messages every few feet, and added some simple artwork. Nice change to the graffiti that is so prevalent in modern times.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Yno said:
    Yntte and I took our grand-dog out for a walk in a nice little neighborhood. Someone (I am assuming some young folks living nearby) had gone around and chalked uplifting messages every few feet, and added some simple artwork. Nice change to the graffiti that is so prevalent in modern times.
    My sister in Houston posted this on Facebook today. Must be a thing!

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,305
    Options
    My older sister retired from nursing a couple of years ago. She owns and runs a fabric store that specializes in quilting, teaching lessons about quilting or sewing, selling and repairing high end sewing machines etc. 
    Half a dozen of her customers got together at her store and started sewing face masks that they donate to people in the medical or personal car fields. She lets them use her store and equipment and knowing her probably donates most of the fabric. 
    They may not be N95 rated but they can be sterilized and reused and a heck of a lot better than nothing.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Botch said:

I saw something similar the other day but it went something like this.

First week of home school went ok.  Only two students were suspended for fighting and one teacher got fired for drinking on the job.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I think just seeing the global "Brake Check" on society is overall a good thing...we all need to slow down , tomorrow is not a given and be grateful and respectful of others ......
    A person was stabbed with a wine bottle at Sam’s around here...
    If they were social distancing they would have been out of reach 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ElkhornHusker
    Options
    Our Trail Life troop leader is asking all trailmen to hang Christmas lights on our homes as a sign of hope and support for our community.  My boys and I will put ours back up today.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just took a walk with the fam and noticed that a lot of houses had been adorned with rainbows bearing messages reading “we will get through this” in the windows.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have never seen so many people out walking and riding their bikes. Must have had 40 people go by this weekend when I was doing yard work and we live in a cul de sac with only like 10 houses on the road so many more people actually out. Also a neighbors wife has been doing different things for the parents. She set up a couple scavenger hunts around the hood with the hunt lists on the neighborhood Facebook page. They also had this in front of their house a couple days ago. 
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Options
    My OB friend says this will be the worst Christmas of her life. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Schools delivering food for students/families. 

Schools are trying. We provide sack lunches and breakfast - but they have to pick it up. We are working on private donation of food boxes that we will deliver along bus routes.
    Online education is actually going well. I’m making some “experiment kits” for my research class. 

Nothing like building the plane while you’re flying it...
    Everyone is just trying the best that they can. My MIL (retired elementary school talented and gifted (TAG) teacher) is doing one hour of teaching every day with her two young grandchildren via Skype. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Bump
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    Glad to see this thread. We all need more positivity. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    A simple thing, but it sure made me smile to see both puppies, and penguins, roaming through empty aquariums, and seeing the curiosity on both sides of the glass.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I’ve never seen more people out riding bikes and walking dogs with their kids. We live next to a park and it’s sun up to sun down.  Not gathered, not crowded or doing what they’re not supposed to do, but just constant flow.  It’s very cool to see.