Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good things you have seen as a result of the Corona Virus.....

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    caliking said:
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:
    I’ve seen my wife as an awesome teacher for my four year old. Sure his curriculum is not that stout but she is working from home and still taking care of a lot of the kid’s meals and learning. 

I am very thankful that my family genuinely enjoys hanging out together, been like a long vacation for us and minimal drama. 
    Amen to paragraph 2!
    Although I must admit that if anything is going to divide us during this it is my wife’s habit of leaving the sponge in the bottom of the sink when we have a rack stuck to the side of the sink specifically for the dang sponge!  =)
    Don’t get me started. There’s one way to load the dishwasher... mine. 
    lol, are you still fighting over how to replace empty TP roll by any chance  =)
    canuckland
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,232
    I thought this was pretty cool: 

Atlanta media mogul Tyler Perry paid the grocery bills for all shoppers during senior hour Wednesday morning at 44 Kroger supermarkets in metro Atlanta and 29 more in his hometown of New Orleans
    New Albany, Ohio 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,800
    I thought this was pretty cool: 

Atlanta media mogul Tyler Perry paid the grocery bills for all shoppers during senior hour Wednesday morning at 44 Kroger supermarkets in metro Atlanta and 29 more in his hometown of New Orleans
    Now that's a kind gesture.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking said:
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:
    I’ve seen my wife as an awesome teacher for my four year old. Sure his curriculum is not that stout but she is working from home and still taking care of a lot of the kid’s meals and learning. 

I am very thankful that my family genuinely enjoys hanging out together, been like a long vacation for us and minimal drama. 
    Amen to paragraph 2!
    Although I must admit that if anything is going to divide us during this it is my wife’s habit of leaving the sponge in the bottom of the sink when we have a rack stuck to the side of the sink specifically for the dang sponge!  =)
    Learning to pick my battles. I just quietly replace it the right way =)

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,013
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

Amen to paragraph 2!
    You're learning to pick something...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Man if I ever hit the lottery I'd do stuff like this. How awesome! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,822
    edited April 2020
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

Amen to paragraph 2!
    I’m a staunch supporter of the “under” hanging TP technique (for a variety of reasons, which I would be happy to outline for all who will listen). Imagine my shock and horror when my cleaning lady switches them to the overhang position - on every single visit! The absolute savagery of it is too much to bear!!
  • caliking
     I used to think you were an ok egghead. I'm not so sure we'd get along now. I'm in the "over" hanging camp.

But I'd be interested in hearing your reasons for preferring the "under" hanging placement. I've got some time. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    I’ve been conditioned to the over method.

We have a vertical paper towel holder on the kitchen counter.  I will never get that right, most of the time I think she’s just fvcking with me.
    Not a felon
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited April 2020
    I'll take the over. It's the only "way" 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • if you have a cat  the over method can lead to a TP mess.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    caliking said:
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

Amen to paragraph 2!
    Ray Charles loads the dishwasher better than my wife.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago said:
    caliking said:
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

Amen to paragraph 2!
    Have you been reading about the host of celebrities claiming Stevie Wonder can see?! 
  • caliking said:
     I used to think you were an ok egghead. I'm not so sure we'd get along now. I'm in the "over" hanging camp.

But I'd be interested in hearing your reasons for preferring the "under" hanging placement. I've got some time. 
    There’s a special place in Hell reserved for you and your kind. 

Will send some enlightenment your way once I have some time. 
  • frazzdaddy
    dmchicago said:
    caliking said:
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

Amen to paragraph 2!
    Have you been reading about the host of celebrities claiming Stevie Wonder can see?! 
    Elvis came to me in a dream and said just that.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    if you have a cat  the over method can lead to a TP mess.
    Thats true, we are finishing up a very valuable pile of TP as we speak.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    starting to make a dent in our upright freezer!
    canuckland
  • caliking
    Legume said:

We have a vertical paper towel holder on the kitchen counter.  I will never get that right, most of the time I think she’s just fvcking with me.
    Now you’re just stirring the pot. 

Everyone knows that vertical paper towel holders were designed to unroll on the right side. Always. 

• caliking said:
    Legume said:

Everyone knows that vertical paper towel holders were designed to unroll on the right side. Always. 
    On this, we can agree. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    Nice @SaltySam - which shelf is for pretzel sticks?
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    SaltySam said:
    I’ve struggled to keep my teenager (a senior in HS) home. He fights tooth and nail to get out, and try to hang out with his friends.  We compromised on outdoor activities where exercise was the primary excuse.  He can golf, play soccer, frisbee golf, and today...he took my road bike for a 18 mile ride in 20-30mph winds.  He still plays video games a lot, but for him to ride a bike was especially satisfying to me.

Ive also kept busy with basement projects.  Built my wife an entire pantry! 

Wife?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,546
    Regarding the vertical paper towel feed direction;  Right handers prefer the close right to left feed and left handers the opposite as the first up towel is right there.
    That said, given around 10-11% of the population is left handed we (yes, hard over left handed) are screwed from the get-go.  So the challenge is real!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    caliking said:
    Legume said:

On this, we can agree. 
    I prefer peacemaker @caliking

You’re welcome.
    Not a felon