Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockwood Online Ordering

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    I had a delivery today (FedEx said tomorrow but delivered it today). The box was clearly tumbled around a bit was still in decent shape. The handles were shite tho - grip, lift...riiiiippp.

A couple loops of plastic strapping would have been better than bothering with handles. But it appears that your new boxes may be up to the task.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I had a delivery today (FedEx said tomorrow but delivered it today). The box was clearly tumbled around a bit was still in decent shape. The handles were shite tho - grip, lift...riiiiippp.

A couple loops of plastic strapping would have been better than bothering with handles. But it appears that your new boxes may be up to the task.

I'm assuming you bought this as gift though.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    HeavyG said:

The new box handholds, like the new box, held up.  Should have then and start shipping in them later this week or early next week.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I'm assuming you bought this as gift though.  
    Of course.

Too fancy for my tastes.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    BFCM17EGGHEAD for 10% off now through Monday night.
    Well, now that I know how much lump the XXL consumes, I ordered another three pack. Not a rush order, so move me to the back of the line if you're busy with other orders.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    DMW said:
    BFCM17EGGHEAD for 10% off now through Monday night.
    Well, now that I know how much lump the XXL consumes, I ordered another three pack. Not a rush order, so move me to the back of the line if you're busy with other orders.
    Thanks man.....It'll go out tomorrow.  We came in on Friday and preloaded a BUNCH of boxes so all we had to do was slap the label on them today.
  • egginNthefreeworld
    Options
    Is this deal still going on the RW?
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    @stlcharcoal picked up my first bag of RW at Ace Hardware this morning. Going to give it a test tonight. Making some burgers and chicken tonight. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    I'm In-Ordered my 3 looking forward to giving it a Try thank you @stlcharcoal
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    Mine arrived a few weeks ago, before the new boxes I guess. The box wasn't treated as kindly as I was hoping. Opened first bag today, and the lump is OK. In size on par with RO

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    Actually, there is a lot of dust in the bag. I guess the delivery guy in brown shorts does not use lump!

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    New boxes started shipping today......let me know how they do.
  • nutshellml
    nutshellml Posts: 166
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @stlcharcoal

Rainbow Ace Hardware in NYC said they don't carry it.

Ended up buying directly from the site :)
    Northern Jersey
    XL BGE  |  XL Adjustable Rig Combo  |  CyberQ  |  Maverick 733
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    @stlcharcoal

Ok, I pulled them from our site.  I don't know why they are saying that--they've had it in their store before--several times.  They can still special order it (like they have done before), it just sounds like the person you talked to didn't want to do it.

We'll soon start shipping to Curto's Appliances and Grills in Yonkers.  Not sure if that helps.  I'm sure it's a lot further away than it sounds.
  • nutshellml
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @stlcharcoal

Ok, I pulled them from our site.  I don't know why they are saying that--they've had it in their store before--several times.  They can still special order it (like they have done before), it just sounds like the person you talked to didn't want to do it.

We'll soon start shipping to Curto's Appliances and Grills in Yonkers.  Not sure if that helps.  I'm sure it's a lot further away than it sounds.
    Thanks, I ordered 3 bags directly from your site. That should hold me over for a while and I'll recheck locally.  As fyi - reason for ordering (this is my first time) is based on this forum.
    Northern Jersey
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I found rockwood due to this site and have made the permanent switch.  I had several bags of royal oak stockpiled in the garage and sold them to a neighbor for $5 and used the money to buy some more rockwood.  they are building a new ace hardware near by, @stlcharcoal any chance you can help push them to carry it?

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    Kent8621 said: 
    I found rockwood due to this site and have made the permanent switch.  I had several bags of royal oak stockpiled in the garage and sold them to a neighbor for $5 and used the money to buy some more rockwood.  they are building a new ace hardware near by, @stlcharcoal any chance you can help push them to carry it?

Yes!  They should automatically be carrying it.  We're on the initial stocking plannogram or whatever they call it.  The corporate has the best selling products in the initial deliveries.  Unless the store doesn't specifically removes it from restock it after they sell the first 5 bags or whatever the allowance is, then it should remain in stock for all new stores.  That's what they tell me at least......
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    @stlcharcoal

Thanks, I ordered 3 bags directly from your site. That should hold me over for a while and I'll recheck locally.  As fyi - reason for ordering (this is my first time) is based on this forum.
    I saw it boxed up and on the pallet for pick up tomorrow.  Sorry it didn't go out today.....fedex man came really early today.  Thanks for the order.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Btw, tonight is the last night to enter for our giveaway with Lanes, Smokeware, and Kick Ash Basket on Instagram.....win a bunch of free stuff. 
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    Btw, tonight is the last night to enter for our giveaway with Lanes, Smokeware, and Kick Ash Basket on Instagram.....win a bunch of free stuff. 

I entered if that helps you pick me :).  kidding but thank you for doing these type of giveaways, its nice to see.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Kent8621 said: 

Yes!  They should automatically be carrying it.  We're on the initial stocking plannogram or whatever they call it.  The corporate has the best selling products in the initial deliveries.  Unless the store doesn't specifically removes it from restock it after they sell the first 5 bags or whatever the allowance is, then it should remain in stock for all new stores.  That's what they tell me at least......

I was thinking that you had mentioned that we would be able to go to acehardware.com and order RW ship to store.  I have frequently been checking their site and haven't seen RW there yet???

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• nutshellml
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Figured it out....
    Where  / how to enter?
    Northern Jersey
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    Kent8621 said: 

I was thinking that you had mentioned that we would be able to go to acehardware.com and order RW ship to store.  I have frequently been checking their site and haven't seen RW there yet???
    Yeah, still waiting......  :anguished:

Big company, stuff takes time when you're the little guy.
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    Kent8621 said: 

Yeah, still waiting......  :anguished:

Big company, stuff takes time when you're the little guy.

No problem, I understand!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Sundazes
    Sundazes Posts: 307
    Options
    After testing a bag for the bird on Thanksgiving, color me impressed. Might be a permanent switch from FOGO.  just ordered 3 bags. Couldn't find the place to put in a code for a discount though....

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    Sundazes said:
    After testing a bag for the bird on Thanksgiving, color me impressed. Might be a permanent switch from FOGO.  just ordered 3 bags. Couldn't find the place to put in a code for a discount though....

Got it!  No discounts active right now, so that's probably why there wasn't a box.
  • bigegger
    Options
    Thanks for the post.
    Went to my local Ace hardware for the first time ever and bought 2 bags of Rockwood and found out they carry BGE products too.
    Ive been using BGE and Royal Oak lump and I am a firm believer that Rockwood lump will be my go-to lump. Lesser contaminants, lesser dust and small chunks, burns cleaner and lesser ash.  BGE and RO lump is not too far less a quality but when the price of RO at my local walmart can not be beaten too bad walmart only carries RO from spring to summer
    LBGE with 76" Challenger Cooking Island
  • bigegger
    Options
    Thanks for the post.
    Went to my local Ace hardware for the first time ever and bought 2 bags of Rockwood and found out they carry BGE products too.
    Ive been using BGE and Royal Oak lump and I am a firm believer that Rockwood lump will be my go-to lump. Lesser contaminants, lesser dust and small chunks, burns cleaner and lesser ash.  BGE and RO lump is not too far less a quality but when the price of RO at my local walmart can not be beaten too bad walmart only carries RO from spring to summer
    LBGE with 76" Challenger Cooking Island
  • fishepa
    fishepa Posts: 211
    Options
    Just placed an order of 3 bags.  Woo!
    War Damn Eagle!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I'm as big a fan as anyone, but the staying power of this thread is surprising.

Phoenix