Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockwood Online Ordering

Options

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Two 3 bag boxes delivered yesterday. The product seems fine but the boxes didn't make it so well. They did do the job of protecting the product. Thinking a little heavier box would help (although mine made it ok).  
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    I am excited to be able to get RW again.  I used Firecraft for them, now RW-Online is my only option.  Aces in Az are not on @stlcharcoal nice list ...

Check that list again on Thursday.  :)
    Website will be on auto-refresh.  Thank you for the heads up.  I have two Aces within walking distance.
    I bag under each arm
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Alright, here they are...... @Tony_T gets the beefier single-wall box #1, and Tyler (don't know the screen name) gets the double-wall box #2.

We'll see how it goes.  Thanks guys! 

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    FWIW I ordered a three bag box to CA. The box was pretty beat up but the bags were fine. It was kinda funny watching the delivery guy try to haul the box down the driveway.

My conclusion is you don't need to change anything.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    St. Louis to Phoenix.
    product was in great condition. A tint bit of dust. 

XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Durangler said:
    St. Louis to Phoenix.

That's the best one yet.....you got some kind people along the way!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,038
    Options
    Durangler said:
    St. Louis to Phoenix.

That looks fresh off the dock.  You owe your delivery crew a high-five.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    @stlcharcoal, @Ozzie_Isaac, I was surprised, given the pics I saw prior.
    Yeah, maybe "easy handlers" But there were a few skid marks on the sides.
    The new boxes should be fine.  
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Looks like our social media manager has a contest going on Instagram.......win two 20# bags, RW swag, and Code 3 Spices and sauce.
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    @stlcharcoal I thought you said that Rockwood would be on the ACE website last week. Did I read that wrong? It is still not coming up.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Brason said:
    @stlcharcoal I thought you said that Rockwood would be on the ACE website last week. Did I read that wrong? It is still not coming up.

Yeah, it was supposed to be good to go in CA on Thursday or Friday, but I don't think it happened.  Hopefully tomorrow.  Once they remove the CA restriction, it should be on the website shortly thereafter.

I'm REALLY hoping they get it done this week......because there's going to be a 50% off a single item under $30 on Black Friday in-store and online (coupon code: FRI2017)
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Mine arrived this week.  About the same as the others.  I did not take pics.  Clear tape was over the white tape. Bags are  just fine.  I honestly don't care if you don't bag it.  Just dump 60 lbs in a box and I'm happy. :smile:
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    I reckon I have been hiding under a rock...never seen this coal and shop ACE regularly.  I may have to check again...
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Jai-Bo said:
    I reckon I have been hiding under a rock...never seen this coal and shop ACE regularly.  I may have to check again...

Not all Ace stores carry it, but they all have access to it from their warehouse.  If you don't see it on the shelf, just ask them to order SKU 8400772, and it will be there in a few days with the rest of their weekly restock order.  Some time this week, you should be able to start ordering it from acehardware.com, then just select the door to have it delivered to.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Just ordered a 3 bagger. Won't have to make a 90 mile round trip to the closest Ace that carries it. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    Just ordered a 3 bagger. Won't have to make a 90 mile round trip to the closest Ace that carries it. 

Already printed the label.....it will be boxed up and out of here today.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

Already printed the label.....it will be boxed up and out of here today.
    Throw a used fork in the box. Just because. 
    Now that is some Holiday spirit! 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    The nay-sayers can say what they want.  This is the best lump.  If you take the care to buy great ingredients for the top side of your Egg, you better take the same care below the cooking grate too.   

Just placed an order for three bags.  When I have to go and buy lump, it takes me a half day or more.  This will be on my doorstep soon!  I've been babying the bag I have right now, so this is great.  

Thanks as always Jonathan!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Spillin
    Options
    Just ordered a 3 bagger myself.  Should be good to go on the lump for a bit now.  
    LG BGE
    36" Blackstone
    Weber Genisis
    Cold IPA on tap!
  • Krughzn
    Options
    I didn't know they were shipping to Ca. I've been wanting to try RW for a year now. Just ordered 3 bags. Even without the discount, I think it will be a good price to pay to get quality lump charcoal. 
    San Diego, Ca. XL BGE, 42" Lynx All Sear Grill,Thermapen, Thermopop, Adjustable Rig Combo, Maverick 733, SS Smokeware Cap, Flame Boss 200, Grill Grates. 

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    @stlcharcoal Just curious, looks like all of us on here have been ordering the three bag option, have you had any orders come in just buying two bags?

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    @stlcharcoal Just curious, looks like all of us on here have been ordering the three bag option, have you had any orders come in just buying two bags?

Yeah......a handful for 1 or 2 bags.  On two bags, it's usually only another $10-15 to get three because of the shipping.  The current box holds up real nice on 1 and 2.

We should see later this week how the new prototypes went to @Tony_T and another Egghead on the east coast.
  • mtbguy
    mtbguy Posts: 299
    Options
    Just ordered 6 bags. Man I’m glad to find it. Was down to my last bag.  2 dollars more way worth it. 
  • Verndog
    Verndog Posts: 20
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Received my three bags In California quickly. My box was in similar condition as the pictures in the past few posts but all was good inside. Can't wait to try it. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Does anybody else conjure up this image when you think about home delivery by @stlcharcoal?

Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Does anybody else conjure up this image when you think about home delivery by @stlcharcoal?

Believe it or not, I actually have delivered charcoal by helicopter.  When I flew EMS, we went to a BBQ at the fire station......loaded up the back of a 206L with charcoal.

That's a KMAX--if you ever get a chance to see one in person, they're an engineering masterpiece.  Be careful staring at the counter rotating blades from in front or behind it, damn thing will give you a seizure.  You can't see it in the picture, but there are actually two masts and those blades are in two different planes, 90 degrees off in rotation.  Never flown aerial lift, but that is the helicopter to do it in (for smaller loads).

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Stopped at my local Ace today to try and order and they said they couldn’t get it. I gave them the SKU# but still said they couldn’t get it. 
  • stlcharcoal
    edited November 2017
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Stopped at my local Ace today to try and order and they said they couldn’t get it. I gave them the SKU# but still said they couldn’t get it. 
    What city / state???