Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NC Egg Gathering?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    RRog17 said:
    I'm in Hickory. Would love to participate and meet some of you good miscreants people!
    FTFY
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Alright folks - I've been calling venues all morning.  Mostly I'm hitting road blocks but I've left messages at a couple of places that look promising.  

Can we talk dates?  

My preference in April would be for the weekend of April 23.  Too much earlier and things are still a bit cold.  I'm committed the last weekend in April, but if y'all wanted to do this without me I wouldn't blame you!  ;)

In May there aren't too many great options.  Here's the issue:

May 7: Mother's Day weekend
    May 14: Georgia Mountain Eggfest
    May 21: open
    May 28: Memorial Day weekend

I don't think we want to do the 28th or 14th.  I think the best choice here would be the 21st.  I could probably be talked into the 7th, but if I'm hungover on Mother's Day, well...

What do you folks think?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I'm not sure how I missed this thread, sorry for being late to the party. I'd be game for a NC gathering. Not a bad drive from the ATL. Assuming a Catholic, Independent (read NOT affiliated with a political party) would be welcome.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Whatever date is selected,  I will do whatever I am able to make it there. Depending where I am, the logistics may not allow me to arrive with a BGE, but I will be glad to reign down some cash like a Louisville basketball recruiter in Minardi Hall, except of course My Beautiful Wife (Louisville Grad) has already said no hookers. I am good with that.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Whatever date is selected,  I will do whatever I am able to make it there. Depending where I am, the logistics may not allow me to arrive with a BGE, but I will be glad to reign down some cash like a Louisville basketball recruiter in Minardi Hall, except of course My Beautiful Wife (Louisville Grad) has already said no hookers. I am good with that.
    @YukonRon , next time I'm in Louisville, we'll have to get together for some pints at Against The Grain Brewing.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YukonRon
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    YukonRon said:
    @YukonRon , next time I'm in Louisville, we'll have to get together for some pints at Against The Grain Brewing.
    Let me know, this we can do. I am not too far from there, easy crawling distance. It is always crowded. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tailg8ers
    Options
    We would love to join in especially if its in the spring time - keep in mind that in May there are college graduations.  Plus I saw the mention of May 21st - for any of you college baseball fans - that is the last weekend of the regular season - my Wolfpack is hosting that light blue team from up the road - and we have a huge tailgate going on for that game at Doak Field @ Dail Park in Raleigh - our minimax will be there!

As for other suggestions - this is NC and our winter really only lasts about 2 weeks - March and/or April would be prime time for gathering!
    Cary, NC    LBGE & Mini Max
  • Pridnjoy
    Pridnjoy Posts: 130
    Options
    Looks like April 23rd may be the best choice!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'd hit it for sure

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I'd hit it for sure

You'd hit me... You tried in Salado. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    henapple said:
    I'd hit it for sure

You'd hit me... You tried in Salado. 
    I tried to hit ON you. Big difference
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    So we'll recognize @YukonRonas the guy with the fat roll of $1 bills.  Got it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    One of the venues we're considering have a petting zoo, w/goats and other farm animals.  We're scared to invite the Kentucky fans.....
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Holy shilt!!  Now I'm in!!  Just hate to be in line behind the tar heels and Dukeis.  Unfamiliar position :D
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Foghorn
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    I'm not sure how I missed this thread, sorry for being late to the party. I'd be game for a NC gathering. Not a bad drive from the ATL. Assuming a Catholic, Independent (read NOT affiliated with a political party) would be welcome.
    Since I'm unlikely to be there (although I would very much like to be able to make it) I'll jump in and say that EVEN CATHOLICS are welcome.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Thanks @foghorn. You're a kind and gentle soul. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    We are in for April 23rd, we will not be back in NC until April 1st and I not fooling about the 1st. :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    One of the venues we're considering have a petting zoo, w/goats and other farm animals.  We're scared to invite the Kentucky fans.....
    I'm bringing my rain boots!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    YukonRon said:
    So we'll recognize @YukonRonas the guy with the fat roll of $1 bills.  Got it.
    Phat guy, fat roll of Washingtons!!!!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Now that is funny. I promise to behave!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

Getting nervous.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Getting nervous.
    Then you understand the need for them. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    ksmyrl said:
    Thanks @foghorn. You're a kind and gentle soul. 
    Yeah. Just for fun I'm trying to be a troll on the RTiC 20 thread but it doesn't come naturally to me. 

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Getting nervous.
    Then you understand the need for them. 
    I get it. You gotta do what you footage do. I am not judging, never will. LOL!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Will all the snow be melted by April 23rd?

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Yeah. Just for fun I'm trying to be a troll on the RTiC 20 thread but it doesn't come naturally to me. 
    I have been trying to troll too but it just doesn't come natural to me. Rest assured I will keep trying though. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Will all the snow be melted by April 23rd?

Pack the Yankee coat, aka, parka. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    I get the paper in bare feet when it has snowed out and it's 20 degrees. As long as it's over 30, I'll be in a tee shirt
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    My house wear all year is gym shorts and muscle shirt. 

My wife wears a fleece jacket all the time and from mid Ohio. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    Options
    My wife keeps it freezing with the windows in the bedroom open. I look like an Alaskan fur trapper at night, and I am a big guy.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky