Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NC Egg Gathering?

Options

Comments

• A31unit
    A31unit Posts: 199
    Options
    I am a closet redneck that lives in NJ
    LBGE. Plate setter, PS Woo2, Flame Boss 200.  Moorestown, South Jersey (about 15 min outside of Philly, Don't hold it against me.  I would most likely rather live where you are)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!!
    Options
    It's 13 hour drive. I could be in.only cause because @piney will be there. I don't really like the rest of you very much. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    texaswig said:
    It's 13 hour drive. I could be in.only cause because @piney will be there. I don't really like the rest of you very much. 
    I want to ride in the creepy van!!!!

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    texaswig said:
    We don't like you either, but we will eat some of your nachos!
    Those beef tacos weren't too shabby either. Even if I didn't like you. 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Creepy vans.... It's a life style. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    Are you all going to sit around all weekend talking college basketball? 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Are you all going to sit around all weekend talking college basketball? 
    One could only hope.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    I would be in for this. East or West is fine by me, partial to Asheville area though.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Can I sleep in your garage, John?  I promise I'll be quiet.
    Options
    Going to Asheville this weekend actually for a camping trip, inspired by @Jeremiah .  
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Can I sleep in your garage, John?  I promise I'll be quiet.
    I don't even need a garage, just setup a cot and I'll be fine.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @DMW - remember it took, like, 45 minutes to set that up because we were f*cked up and some of the pins were missing?  BTW, that security guy said you were "doing the things" early in the morning, based on the blanket action he tried not to see.  Nothing to be ashamed of, palms will shave.
    Options
    @DMW - remember it took, like, 45 minutes to set that up because we were f*cked up and some of the pins were missing?  BTW, that security guy said you were "doing the things" early in the morning, based on the blanket action he tried not to see.  Nothing to be ashamed of, palms will shave.
    What about the blindness?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Asheville would be great if we could work it out, there are lots of things to do in the NC Mtns. I have a large and med. they are in a table but can be disassembled. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I will be traveling back and forth between Kentucky and Denver. I would like to try and work it in. I promise not to gloat about the championship.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • piney
    Options
    texaswig said:
    You bet I'll be there! We will try to con SGH and Party Monster, Hotch & Shelly to make it.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    piney said:
    We will try to con SGH and Party Monster, Hotch & Shelly to make it.
    Brother I would love to attend. I don't know my schedule this far in advance, but if it's possible we will give it a go. It would be great to see y'all again. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    Options
     For sure...Would love to meet some of the great folks from the forum.. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    I'm in as long as you northern neighbors won't mind having a country boy from SC joining in on all the fun.  
    Don't worry you will fit in just fine! :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    KayNOcook and I would come for sure, The Mini Fest in FL is held at a very nice little hotel on the beach Eggers usually rent every room! 7 years ago it started out on Friday and Saturday and now starts Thursday. Weather it is at a hotel or not those who have to travel long distance need a place to spend the night. We also have a local BGE dealer who comes and sells demo eggs and discounted BGE products. It is a private party and not a normal Egg Fest. A BGE dealer in the NC area might be interested in have such and event at there store location/parking lot or nearby public park. Looking forward to attending this event. Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• piney
    Options
    SGH said:
    piney said:
    We will try to con SGH and Party Monster, Hotch & Shelly to make it.
    Brother I would love to attend. I don't know my schedule this far in advance, but if it's possible we will give it a go. It would be great to see y'all again. 
    I will keep you posted.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Western NC is a beautiful place and only 45 minutes from my front door. We're in if it's western NC.
    https://youtu.be/YyOENdBj5kA

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • piney
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I'm going to be out of town the weekend of April 14-18 we are going back to B&B on the Point. Anytime in the spring is great in NC, we have time, lets get this rolling.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • jmarbs21
    jmarbs21 Posts: 139
    Options
    Count me in! 
    Durham, NC
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I would definitely try to come depending on schedule.

This is a good time to mention that a friend of mine (and fellow Egghead) just became a dealer in Mocksville. Mocksville is about 15 minutes west of Winston-Salem on I40. He has an absolutely perfect location for an Eggfest or gathering like we are discussing. I will try to put up some pics but it is a large, relatively level field adjacent to his parking lot and also has a covered picnic table area with 3 tables I think. I have been meaning to mention it as we could use another good dealer in the Triad area. 

He also sells Wicked Good charcoal for $20 for the big bag. I went over there and bought 10 bags a few weeks ago. 

He is not in the mountains but I'm sure he would love to host and is a pretty central location. If not, local Eggheads go by and check out his store. Stephen is the owner and he is a great guy. 

http://www.biggreenegg.com/locator/results_details.php?id=3989&dist=65.7799693158887
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited November 2015
    Options
    piney said:
    texaswig said:
    You bet I'll be there! We will try to con SGH and Party Monster, Hotch & Shelly to make it.

@piney If we can fit it in to the schedule we will try our best. Spring is getting busy for us. May have to just fly in for the day or so.

SALADO TX EGGFEST   MARCH 12 OR 19 2016
    ATHENS TX EGGFEST   APRIL 9 2016
    TEXAS EGGFEST DRIFTWOOD TX  APRIL 30 2016
    N TEXAS BRETHERN MEGA BASH   SPRING 2016
    HOUSTON TX  EGGFEST  MAY XX 2016
    JEFFERSON TX EGGFEST  OCTOBER 7 2016
    N TEXAS BRETHERN MEGA BASH   FALL 2016
    BRISKET CAMP III  OCTOBER XX 2016

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • jad
    jad Posts: 70
    Options
     If we wanted to try and keep it a little more towards the middle of the state like the triangle area maybe we can do something at the fair grounds? Same location they hold the NC state fair. I also believe there are a few egg dealers in the area that might help out in some way?
    Cary NC
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Hi54putty said:
    I would definitely try to come depending on schedule.

This is a good time to mention that a friend of mine (and fellow Egghead) just became a dealer in Mocksville. Mocksville is about 15 minutes west of Winston-Salem on I40. He has an absolutely perfect location for an Eggfest or gathering like we are discussing. I will try to put up some pics but it is a large, relatively level field adjacent to his parking lot and also has a covered picnic table area with 3 tables I think. I have been meaning to mention it as we could use another good dealer in the Triad area. 

He also sells Wicked Good charcoal for $20 for the big bag. I went over there and bought 10 bags a few weeks ago. 

He is not in the mountains but I'm sure he would love to host and is a pretty central location. If not, local Eggheads go by and check out his store. Stephen is the owner and he is a great guy. 

http://www.biggreenegg.com/locator/results_details.php?id=3989&dist=65.7799693158887
    Mocksville/Davie County area is pretty nice.  Any lodging around?  I know there's a nice campground near.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site