Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @DMW - what is that rub on the brisket as I'm always looking for the brisket rub holy grail and and am not even close.  Any insights appreciated.
    BTW- I'm guessing you are running manual as controller rigs for the XXL haven't hit the market??
    Enjoy the cook and follow-on banquet.  
    @lousubcap - Brisket rub is a combo of @Eggcelsior Pit Beef rub and another beef rub I had that I mixed together. No idea if it will be any good, but went with it. I'm using my Stoker to tend to the temps overnight. Same size adapter as the XL. Bottom and top vents are the same as the XL, 10cfm blower seems to be working fine, along with the Smokeware chimney cap. First time I'm using the Stoker and Smokeware cap with the XXL.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    Thought i I would share this. A camp on stilts several miles out in the Gulf. Land is not in sight in any direction. Must be nice to have that kind of money.  

But....I can see land!
    Options
    Coming along nicely.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,524
    Options
    @DMW - thanks for the info.  Good that you can actually use your controller on the XXL.  Helps defray the long-term life-cycle investment costs to SWMBO.  
    BTW- that cook is looking quite eggceptional.  Great way to welcome sunrise.  Enjoy.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    DMW said:
    Coming along nicely.

Waking up to a similar scenario. Looks good.

XL BGE
    MD
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    DMW said:
    Coming along nicely.

Spritz!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Reading applications for DOE Fellows.  Good crop of PhD students applying this year.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    Reading applications for DOE Fellows.  Good crop of PhD students applying this year.
    Perry could use some smart folk.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @ColtsFan - that is epic for sure!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    These kids are the best of the best.  Those who receive the fellowship have four full years of PhD study at top institutions paid for. Tuition, stipend, the whole enchilada. 

We're starting with about 500 applications.  Only about 20 students will receive the fellowship. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @ColtsFan Very nice. Good eats for sure. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just woke up.. eating some toast and drinking some OJ...got up too late to go to church this am...so evening service this pm and taxes in the mean time..

Worked on these last night...duck cat approved but heads aren't right yet...too boxy 

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Legume said:
    These kids are the best of the best.  Those who receive the fellowship have four full years of PhD study at top institutions paid for. Tuition, stipend, the whole enchilada. 

We're starting with about 500 applications.  Only about 20 students will receive the fellowship. 
    Do they realize that the $ amount of their fellowship will be taxed as income?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Legume said:

That provision did not survive in the recent tax law, thankfully.
  • pgprescott
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Legume said:

LOL! 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,233
    Options
    DMW said:
    Brisket is off and resting for a bit before it joins the butts in the holding box for transport.

Nice meteorite 
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Crab/shrimp boil 
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Thinking about what I'll be doing tomorrow...
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    Options
    DMW said:
    Brisket is off and resting for a bit before it joins the butts in the holding box for transport.

Noice!

I think I just found my new desktop wallpaper.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,200
    edited February 2018
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Legume said:

Thank goodness!!  That provision made no sense.  Tax future technical elites and future high wage earners on their education.  Shortsighted tax if ever there was one.  Completely counterproductive.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Making CTM
  • pgprescott
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Legume said:

Thank goodness!!  That provision made no sense.  Tax future technical elites and future high wage earners on their education.  Shortsighted tax if ever there was one.  Completely counterproductive.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Legume said:

I agree with you, but in an effort to keep politics out of this thread, let me suggest that it’s a discussion that’s best left elsewhere.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Playing games with the fam.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Acn said:

Playing games with the fam.