Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,465
    @Ozzie_Isaac - there's a thread for that! B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
    Legume said:
    Expanding my vocabulary. Learned the word failson tonight. 
    CCR sang a song about them.  Fortunate Son

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
    Love that song!
    Not a felon
  • Legume said:
    Expanding my vocabulary. Learned the word failson tonight. 
    CCR sang a song about them.  Fortunate Son
    Legume said:
    Love that song!
    Why do you guys hate America?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 11
    Saw this context free quote this evening and it made me very upset at education in the USA.  Boiling from the inside is almost exactly opposite of sous vide!  Like WTF are you even talking about.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,602
    Saw this context free quote this evening and it made me very upset at education in the USA.  Boiling from the inside is almost exactly opposite of sous vide!  Like WTF are you even talking about.

Yep, boiling from the inside would be more like microwaving.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,752
    Abbreviated run schedule here today. We’re gonna see some side action from Hurricane Francine. New Orleans gonna get a thorough washing
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,592
    ....a six kid dentist appointment... Never switched dentists from where we lived 19 years ago so it's an hour drive one way.

This morning is shot...
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    kl8ton said:
    ....a six kid dentist appointment... Never switched dentists from where we lived 19 years ago so it's an hour drive one way.

This morning is shot...
    And expensive if you ain’t got them on a dental insurance 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,592
    ColbyLang said:
    kl8ton said:

This morning is shot...
    And expensive if you ain’t got them on a dental insurance 
    Luckily they are.... I'm not....
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    Currently getting eye f*cked by all the wildfire smoke from SoCal. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,005
    Yep. I just landed back in Texas after being in Vegas for 2 nights. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,442
    Researching photo editing software; tired of dealing with Adobe and either paying a monthly subscription for something I don't use that often because I am lazy; or going through the sign-up/cancel dance whenever I have a bunch of photos to get through.  Just want to buy and be done.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Acn said:
    Researching photo editing software; tired of dealing with Adobe and either paying a monthly subscription for something I don't use that often because I am lazy; or going through the sign-up/cancel dance whenever I have a bunch of photos to get through.  Just want to buy and be done.
    Don’t forget to cancel!  I am just finishing up a 1 year Adobe Stock Photo subscription because I forgot to cancel.  Pay 50% of remaining subscription to cancel or at least get some  value and finish it out!

• ColbyLang
    Watching Francine wash ashore as a baby Cat 2
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    Acn said:
    I am learning Affinity photo right now, I like it!  They just had a 50% off sale going on for a couple of weeks.

@Acn they still have the 6 months free trial available, you can give it a shot and wait for another sale

edited September 12
    Foghorn said:
    Yep. I just landed back in Texas after being in Vegas for 2 nights. 
    It was pretty bad yesterday. It was probably twice as bad today. 

Edit to say: thank you for contributing to my salary. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 12
    Basic BBQ Chicken Thighs.

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    paqman said:
    Acn said:
    I am learning Affinity photo right now, I like it!  They just had a 50% off sale going on for a couple of weeks.
    between gimp, ImageMagick, and ffmpeg (for video) i haven't touched Adobe for years. Except for postscript. It's adobe owned and I still hand code postscript. 

i like how ffmpeg and imagemagick have strong command lines letting me code loops across many images or videos.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,200
    Walked around all day, time for a drink outside at the pool. Lots to see here
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,442
    paqman said:
    @Acn they still have the 6 months free trial available, you can give it a shot and wait for another sale

Thanks, I will check them out!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,029

Old School Bbq!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lkapigian said:

Old School Bbq!
    I started making things so complex and "fancy" I actually stopped cooking so often.  It was just too much all the time.  Trying to get back to just cooking good food that people like.  These thighs are so good.  i didn't use KC Masterpiece though, I did use Red Mud, LOL

• ColbyLang
    Awesome kid @Ozzie_Isaac, y’all should be proud 
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    bragging about your kids is never anything but a good thing.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 12
    ColbyLang said:
    Awesome kid @Ozzie_Isaac, y’all should be proud 
    Thank you, it is exciting to see him start to apply himself and find his way.  I could have tossed him in the lake a few times over the years. (He knows that too).

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,345
    I was in Walmart looking around, stopped to check their lump stock and noticed some Blues Hog lump charcoal for $15. Anyone else seeing this around them? I’m assuming it’s made by Royal Oak. Some of the older threads noted people seeing blues hog for the upper $20s $26-$29. I may pick up a bag and try it since I’m down to one bag.

LBGE
    AL