Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,752
    Whirlwind day. Death in the family after a long term illness and my nephew’s (ages 13 and 11) witnessed a passenger plane crash at our country club onto the fairway of the golf course. Hug your loved ones tonight folks. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,802
    I was in Walmart looking around, stopped to check their lump stock and noticed some Blues Hog lump charcoal for $15. Anyone else seeing this around them? I’m assuming it’s made by Royal Oak. Some of the older threads noted people seeing blues hog for the upper $20s $26-$29. I may pick up a bag and try it since I’m down to one bag.

I’ve used Blues Hog many times. I really like it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ColbyLang said:
    Whirlwind day. Death in the family after a long term illness and my nephew’s (ages 13 and 11) witnessed a passenger plane crash at our country club onto the fairway of the golf course. Hug your loved ones tonight folks. 
    Jesus man that’s rough!  Hope you’re holding up through it all.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    Jesus man that’s rough!  Hope you’re holding up through it all.
    It’s all good. More concerned about what my nephews witnessed than anything. 

My aunt had dimensia (extremely close family)…she had emergency surgery Sunday on a brain bleed and didn’t make it off of the vent. Zero brain function.’her boys are like my brothers, she was a 2nd mother to me. She’s no longer in pain, I can live with that. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224
    Thought I’d slide one more on since the others shrank. That wasn’t sposed to go there. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,995
    Caveman Burgers!   B)

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Dyal_SC
    Botch said:
    Caveman Burgers!   B)
    Ended up being a dog treat!  🐶 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,939
    Dyal_SC said:
    Botch said:
    Caveman Burgers!   B)
    Could have been rescued if you didn't waste time taking pic(s)  =)
    canuckland
  • Dyal_SC
    edited September 13
    Dyal_SC said:
    Botch said:
    Caveman Burgers!   B)
    Could have been rescued if you didn't waste time taking pic(s)  =)
    Thought about it. Weighed my pros and cons:

already a sorta lousy burger from being too lean, the ashes soaked in immediately, had more than enough for the family, dog was looking at me and being good.  🐶 ❤️ 🔥 🍔 📷 > 👨🏻 🍔 
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,345
    shtgunal3 said:
    I was in Walmart looking around, stopped to check their lump stock and noticed some Blues Hog lump charcoal for $15. Anyone else seeing this around them? I’m assuming it’s made by Royal Oak. Some of the older threads noted people seeing blues hog for the upper $20s $26-$29. I may pick up a bag and try it since I’m down to one bag.

I’ll swing back by and pick up a bag or two to try. Hard to pass up for $15!
    LBGE
    AL
  • enjoying the free internet stream by twitch.tv/primevideo for the Bills game.  surprised i didnt have to create an account and it lets you collapse the little menus around the video frame (chat, etc).  did not try to put on a tv
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,010
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,114
    ColbyLang said:
    oh man, that is rough.  I saw a plane crash and it killed both the pilot and co-pilot.  In an odd coincidence it turned out to be the best friend of my wife’s friend.  I didn’t figure it would bother me, but it occupied my thoughts for a long time.  Hopefully your nephew’s have someone they can talk to.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac
    shtgunal3 said:

Good price for 15 lb bags.  I’ve used it and like it.  Found it better than Royal Oak, but not Rockwood level.  Has some flavor to
    the smoke, not as neutral as Rockwood.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,944

Refreshed and rejuvenated after the international break, except for all those players who flew around the world to play several games; the PL is back and we can get on with the real business. We have the North London derby and it’s hitherto hidden from view cousin, the east-west axis London derby too - plus other stuff.  Let’s go. 

Saturday

Southampton v Man Utd, Saints are strapping in for a long slog and are 19th now, which may not change all season. Utd are 14th and will, probably, at some point, maybe head north. All results conceivable 1-2. 

Brighton v Ipswich, the filthy wretches have contrived to play only weak teams all season again - including good teams who are having an off-day or have had some wired spell placed upon them, 2-0

Palace v Leicester, so - the season finally starts for the newly assembled starting XI for the mighty Eagles. The Foxes have all the cunning and guile to scare mid & lower tier PL teams. For the sake of my nerves until May let’s hope they don’t tomorrow. 2-0

Fulham v West Ham, the cor blimey apples and pears cockernese Hammers head west-end to visit the Cottagers who are in reasonable form and already look nailed on for a 12th place finish.  Close game and I sense an away win in the way that I sense winning the lottery, 1-2

Liverpool v Notts Forest, Slot-ball has arrived and is very definitely Klopp’s heavy metal-ball V2.  Now that’s a sentence for a niche audience on this forum, if ever there was.  Simple 3-0.

Man CIty v Brentford, Bees are shaping up well but this is Citeh and biggest boy in the playground Harland is in fine fettle - hammering a hat full of goals against a mediocre opponent is right up his alley. 3-0

Villa v Everton, the Villains are looking similar to last season, which is good - while the Toffees have quite remarkably found an even lower gear.  Early season promise, such as it was - has faded and the back room stuff is far from resolved. 2-0

Bournemouth v Chelsea, not exactly the super soaraway success that Todd and his billions spent wanted at the Chels’ and absolute none of us are upset about that. The Cherries are unbeaten so far. 1-1

Sunday

Spurs v Arsenal, the Gunners will feel rightly aggrieved after a terrible referring designs last time out and will leave nothing chance against their neighbourly rivals. But this is Spurs and so a monstorous home win is just as likely as a tepid 0-0. Should be fun 1-2

Wolves v Newcastle, jittery start for the Old Gold and hosting an unbeaten Toon is not optimal, either. Has to be 0-2.

There you are - some stuff promised. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,005
    CPFC1905 said:

Refreshed and rejuvenated after the international break, except for all those players who flew around the world to play several games; the PL is back and we can get on with the real business. We have the North London derby and it’s hitherto hidden from view cousin, the east-west axis London derby too - plus other stuff.  Let’s go. 

Saturday

Southampton v Man Utd, Saints are strapping in for a long slog and are 19th now, which may not change all season. Utd are 14th and will, probably, at some point, maybe head north. All results conceivable 1-2. 

Brighton v Ipswich, the filthy wretches have contrived to play only weak teams all season again - including good teams who are having an off-day or have had some wired spell placed upon them, 2-0

Palace v Leicester, so - the season finally starts for the newly assembled starting XI for the mighty Eagles. The Foxes have all the cunning and guile to scare mid & lower tier PL teams. For the sake of my nerves until May let’s hope they don’t tomorrow. 2-0

Fulham v West Ham, the cor blimey apples and pears cockernese Hammers head west-end to visit the Cottagers who are in reasonable form and already look nailed on for a 12th place finish.  Close game and I sense an away win in the way that I sense winning the lottery, 1-2

Liverpool v Notts Forest, Slot-ball has arrived and is very definitely Klopp’s heavy metal-ball V2.  Now that’s a sentence for a niche audience on this forum, if ever there was.  Simple 3-0.

Man CIty v Brentford, Bees are shaping up well but this is Citeh and biggest boy in the playground Harland is in fine fettle - hammering a hat full of goals against a mediocre opponent is right up his alley. 3-0

Villa v Everton, the Villains are looking similar to last season, which is good - while the Toffees have quite remarkably found an even lower gear.  Early season promise, such as it was - has faded and the back room stuff is far from resolved. 2-0

Bournemouth v Chelsea, not exactly the super soaraway success that Todd and his billions spent wanted at the Chels’ and absolute none of us are upset about that. The Cherries are unbeaten so far. 1-1

Sunday

Spurs v Arsenal, the Gunners will feel rightly aggrieved after a terrible referring designs last time out and will leave nothing chance against their neighbourly rivals. But this is Spurs and so a monstorous home win is just as likely as a tepid 0-0. Should be fun 1-2

Wolves v Newcastle, jittery start for the Old Gold and hosting an unbeaten Toon is not optimal, either. Has to be 0-2.

There you are - some stuff promised. 

Love this.  With that said, the pundits on this side of the pond have described Slot ball as easy listening, not heavy metal v2.  Easy listening done very well by very good musicians with at very good conductor at the helm... although they've been playing heavy metal for as long as they remember so it's still in the music.  The question is "how much will it morph over the course of the season - or a few seasons?"

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,345
    shtgunal3 said:

Good price for 15 lb bags.  I’ve used it and like it.  Found it better than Royal Oak, but not Rockwood level.  Has some flavor to
    the smoke, not as neutral as Rockwood.

I've still been using RO mostly so this is good. I'll give it a shot.
    LBGE
    AL
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,944
    Foghorn said:

Love this.  With that said, the pundits on this side of the pond have described Slot ball as easy listening, not heavy metal v2.  Easy listening done very well by very good musicians with at very good conductor at the helm... although they've been playing heavy metal for as long as they remember so it's still in the music.  The question is "how much will it morph over the course of the season - or a few seasons?"
    Good point well made. But as a Yacht Rock enthusiast I am waiting for big hair and pastel suits, if that helps? 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,676
    edited September 14
    How unbelievably nasty does a plant have to be when it makes more financial sense to shut it down than to clean it up? The answer is Boar’s Head nasty. 

• ColbyLang
    How unbelievably nasty does a plant have to be when it makes more financial sense to shut it down than to clean it up? The answer is Boar’s Head nasty. 

Not making excuses. The problem comes in with the capital investment to retrofit an old facility to attempt to bring it up to today’s standards. The necessary expense sometimes is cheaper to build new. Equipment can be sterilized and sanitized and moved to a clean up to date operation. Large bakeries do this all the time due to the fact that regulations literally change daily 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 14
    Making a melon/vanilla/salt jelly.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 14
    Saw this amazing Wolf Modular cooking device in the counter of this amazing kitchen.

An in-counter steam oven which can also function as a sous vide, or a prep sink!

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,939
    Saw this amazing Wolf Modular cooking device in the counter of this amazing kitchen.

An in-counter steam oven which can also function as a sous vide, or a prep sink!

+ resurrecting two pages of 0 comment zombie threads to boost any sucker's post count, lol
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 15

+ resurrecting two pages of 0 comment zombie threads to boost any sucker's post count, lol
    21k doesn’t happen by itself!  Want the free salt and pepper shakers! (I tell myself it isn’t the bourbon)

• Enjoying one of my favourite settings. Sprinkler on, cappuccino within reach, and guitar in hand. 

• Canugghead said:
    21k doesn’t happen by itself!  Want the free salt and pepper shakers! (I tell myself it isn’t the bourbon)
    how about assigning yourself some community service and “apology bump” the recently active threads?
  • @GrateEggspectations - please tell me you're playing Crazy Train first thing in the morning on a Sunday to the entire neighborhood.  Because that would be AWESOME
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • @GrateEggspectations - please tell me you're playing Crazy Train first thing in the morning on a Sunday to the entire neighborhood.  Because that would be AWESOME
    I know that song, but would not impose it upon my neighbours. 🙃 I am not amplified, so the volume is very faint. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Enjoying one of my favourite settings. Sprinkler on, cappuccino within reach, and guitar in hand. 

Great way to spend Sunday morning!

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,207

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota