Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,004
    paqman said:
    Making/Canning Sweet Corn Relish

Love it, would love the recipe if you can share (I mean, it's not secret pizza dough)
    Not a felon
  • Legume said:
    I hope we get some rain from this, we are severe drought. 
    We've been in drought and they just lifted some of the restrictions - I haven't been able to light the egg for a few weeks.
    There is a burn ban here but no mention about grills. Harvest is going to be dry as heck, it has me a bit nervous about fire hazards. Someone burns a combine every year.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,668
    SamIAm2 said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Watching Grand Sumo. Don’t laugh; it’s addictive. 
    DoubleEgger - do you have a favorite wrestler? Been watching Grand Sumo for quite a few years. Next tournament is September 8. 
    That’s a tough one. Probably Endō. 
    Day two and Endō is 2-0 so far, early days but his Tachi-ai is pretty good. My favorite wrestler Terunofuji was injured the last basho so it's former Ozeki Shodi, also at 2-0,  I will be watching.
    I saw that Terunofuji was out with a left knee injury and diabetes. 

Should be a good tournament. Are you watching it on NHK on YouTube? 
    DoubleEgger - Not YouTube. AppleTV delayed a bit or on my Cable DVR usually. Terenofuji has had diabetes for quite a while. That has got to be a difficult malady to manage with all the Chanko-nabe Sumo wrestlers need to eat.  
    Thanks. I’ll check Apple TV. 
  • Legume
    We still have a burn ban, just less severe so I can grill now.
    Not a felon
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 178
    paqman said:

I love a good corn relish. I grew up with Mom's corn relish being an annual part of her canning (she did a lot of canning).  Her last summer she passed the torch to my sister as they made her last batch together. The fall before that she passed the Christmas Cake torch onto me.   I've never been able to do canning, that gene didn't make it to me. Just baking and cooking.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,742
    zaphod said:
    paqman said:

I love a good corn relish. I grew up with Mom's corn relish being an annual part of her canning (she did a lot of canning).  Her last summer she passed the torch to my sister as they made her last batch together. The fall before that she passed the Christmas Cake torch onto me.   I've never been able to do canning, that gene didn't make it to me. Just baking and cooking.
    My grandma and my mom used to can fruit ketchup (you could call that a chutney), beets, and strawberries jam.  When my mom stopped making it, I purchased from farmers market but it just wasn’t the same…. She gave me the recipe and every other year I make a batch now.  I have also started making dill pickles, fruit jellies, and now corn relish.  I’ve tried salsa but I haven’t found a recipe that I like yet.

Legume said:
    paqman said:

Love it, would love the recipe if you can share (I mean, it's not secret pizza dough)
    Not a secret 🤣😂  It is the Ball/Bernardin recipe: https://www.bernardin.ca/recipes/en/home-style-corn-relish.htm?Lang=EN-US

edited September 10
    paqman said:
    zaphod said:
    paqman said:

My grandma and my mom used to can fruit ketchup (you could call that a chutney), beets, and strawberries jam.  When my mom stopped making it, I purchased from farmers market but it just wasn’t the same…. She gave me the recipe and every other year I make a batch now.  I have also started making dill pickles, fruit jellies, and now corn relish.  I’ve tried salsa but I haven’t found a recipe that I like yet.
    Nothing tastes as good as grandma/mon made.  Not sure why, maybe our tastebuds and memories change over the years.  I chase that dragon occasionally.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,751
    Watching the city go into full on panic mode. Grocery stores slammed at 6:00am. School closures, fuel shortages. Cmon Francine, you gonna be late for supper 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    ColbyLang said:
    Watching the city go into full on panic mode. Grocery stores slammed at 6:00am. School closures, fuel shortages. Cmon Francine, you gonna be late for supper 
    I’ve been griping for over a week about massive rainfall here due to a stationary front stalled here, I will gladly take that over a Cat 2.
    Stay safe out there. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,600
    Well we’ll see more in an hour but the center path seems to have moved a bit East of Lafayette in the 7 o’clock prediction. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    East side of Baton Rouge right now but it’s dropping to a category one.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    SamIAm2 said:
    DoubleEgger - do you have a favorite wrestler? Been watching Grand Sumo for quite a few years. Next tournament is September 8. 
    My mom used to go to the tournaments in Japan.  She used to sit so close the sweat would hit her during the matches.  That never seemed appealing to me.
    Ozzie_Isaac - sorry I missed your comment. You said tournaments so I assume your mom traveled to all of the tournaments. Slightly jealous here. BIL was stationed in Japan at the end of WWII but never mentioned sumo. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,109
    SamIAm2 said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    My mom used to go to the tournaments in Japan.  She used to sit so close the sweat would hit her during the matches.  That never seemed appealing to me.
    Ozzie_Isaac - sorry I missed your comment. You said tournaments so I assume your mom traveled to all of the tournaments. Slightly jealous here. BIL was stationed in Japan at the end of WWII but never mentioned sumo. 
    We lived in Japan for three years in the late 80s.  My mom and her friend group travelled to tournaments a few times a year.  I don't know the details beyond that,  Since I was a kid and didn't get to go, it didn't really register with me.

• ColbyLang
    East side of Baton Rouge right now but it’s dropping to a category one.
    Cant say that I’m upset
  • ColbyLang
    About to head leave work for an interview.  Haven't done this in a while so I am a little nervous.  Nothing like starting over at 50.  
    You’re searching for a reason. Positive vibes man. This could be the opportunity of a lifetime 
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 178
    best of luck man.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Gulfcoastguy
    About to leave work and and head out for an interview.  Haven't done this in a while so I am a little nervous.  Nothing like starting over at 50.  
    Good luck . Even if this isn’t the perfect job it’s easier to find a good job while you have a job. They think that there’s a possibility there or you wouldn’t get an in person interview.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,453
    About to leave work and and head out for an interview.  Haven't done this in a while so I am a little nervous.  Nothing like starting over at 50.  
    You've got this.  Believe in yourself to nail it.  Best of luck.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,986
    Good luck, @Hook_emHornsfan_74 .

Got the New-and-Improved COVID shot, and Round 1 of Shingrix.  Signed up for the RSV shot but they don't recommend it anymore until you turn 75, and signed up for the flu shot but they wouldn't give me more than two (even though Walgreens' website sez "Pick up to four").  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,668
    Thanks guys. Went well I think and will hopefully hear something in the next few days. 🤞🏻

• What? No posts about tuning in for 9pm EDT?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,453
    edited September 11
    Keeping the third rail out of this I am totally tuned in.  More in the OT Biggest Loser thread...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Thanks guys. Went well I think and will hopefully hear something in the next few days. 🤞🏻
    I started over this year at 57 after two years off and it's been perfect. Wouldn't change a minute of the time off or waiting for the right new gig. Best of luck.
    Not a felon
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    Either way, we are f*cked. Congrats Canada. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,109
    What? No posts about tuning in for 9pm EDT?
    Adrian Newey going to Aston Martin as Stroll tried desperately to buy Lance a championship.  He is definitely taking all the right steps!

• Legume
    Expanding my vocabulary. Learned the word failson tonight. 
    Not a felon