Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    Time for an XXL.  Ribeye, short ribs, and flank steak.

There's no way you will buy an XXL. You don't have it in ya....    
    kl8ton said:

I have another toy in mind that might serve me even better 😉
    I feel like there is a joke in that comment. 
    No joke, although it feels like my roofer just used one on me after I got the bid for recoating my roof. I got the "he has a bunch of green eggs in his back yard" version of the quote.

That might delay said real toy.
    Recoating what?  You are in Arizona. You get 0.25 in of rain per year.  That is 6.35 mm for you Canadians.  Do you not have clay tile roof? What do you need coated? I'm just being the devil's advocate here.
    I have a flat roof.  Has an elastomeric coating.  The sun absolutely destroys them in 5 - 7 years.  Then when we do get some rain you risk leaks.

This round only lasted 3 years.  I am not very happy about that 
    Flat roof! Ooof.  In one of my jobs we had a 15,000 ft² manufacturing facility. All flat roof.  We put $100,000 into it and it still leaked.  Booooo. And good luck to you sir.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:

kl8ton said:

No joke, although it feels like my roofer just used one on me after I got the bid for recoating my roof. I got the "he has a bunch of green eggs in his back yard" version of the quote.

Recoating what?  You are in Arizona. You get 0.25 in of rain per year.  That is 6.35 mm for you Canadians.  Do you not have clay tile roof? What do you need coated? I'm just being the devil's advocate here.
    I have a flat roof.  Has an elastomeric coating.  The sun absolutely destroys them in 5 - 7 years.  Then when we do get some rain you risk leaks.

I've seen some flat roofs with the elastomeric coating that use a layer of pea gravel to block the UV. Is that not a thing out there?

With your big bucks I'm actually surprised you don't just have LineX coat your roof. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    HeavyG said:
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:

kl8ton said:

I've seen some flat roofs with the elastomeric coating that use a layer of pea gravel to block the UV. Is that not a thing out there?

With your big bucks I'm actually surprised you don't just have LineX coat your roof. :)
    Pea gravel used to be a thing.  I remember helping my dad tar our roof and spread pea gravel.  We always did it in the summer too.  I haven't seen it used in years though.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Sleeping on my parents couch with the duck getters. A/C repair guy coming first thing in the an and I can’t wait. It was 88 in my house when I left . I usually keep my house set on 60 year round,

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    60!? @DuckDogDr
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629
    kl8ton said:

kl8ton said:

money is relative
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    A pair of Navy F-18s at the local municipal airport. Hmmm….

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    Long day at the lab - just got back to the hotel.  Really good progress being made on enhanced geothermal systems.   Looks like they’re going to be viable.
    Hotel in Idaho Falls. Hopefully the EconoLodge has been upgraded. 
    Haha there are some shady hotels around for sure.  The Quality Inn down the street looks like the sort of place where the guests are mostly there to feed the bed bugs.

I’m at the Hilton Garden Inn which isn’t too bad.  The view from my balcony:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,493
    ColtsFan said:
    A pair of Navy F-18s at the local municipal airport. Hmmm….

Those look like E/A-18 Growlers. Pretty much the same airframe. Only real difference is the electronic pods on the wing tips. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    kl8ton said:

kl8ton said:

this seems to be the norm nowadays. i need two trees
    knocked down that lean away from the house, guys shows up in a new audi and quotes me 5 grand........
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DuckDogDr
    edited June 2023
    Yes sir. It’s a trade off my cooling bill is about $285 a month in summer but in winter only about $30. (My house is small). January is the outlier this year. Spent a lot of time at duck camp, and parents turned the heat up (Didn’t want busted piles in the house) vs me typically running the wood heater .

Future Ms. DuckDog keeps her house the same way too. It’s wonderful 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    I don't think my house could get down to 60.  Unless of course it was 60 or below outside.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    last car payment today, just shy of 48 months without a car crash
    Did you knock on wood? Kidding, it been since 2013 that I had a wreck and that was just someone tapping my bumper. I remember sweating out the last 7 months that I owned the Mazda, I needed a decent trade in.
  • DuckDogDr
    edited June 2023
    Well A/C repair guy came today. It is the blower motor that is bad, luckily is covered under warranty . Bad news is it’s not in stock at warehouse but He’s putting In a different one (pay the difference) and warranty clock starts over … 
    Told him I’ll take it for $180. He’s on the way now to go pick up the new one
  • JohnInCarolina
    @BigreenGreg - yeah that's probably how I'll end up putting it to good use.  Much better than sitting on a shelf somewhere gathering dust.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    Just tell the lab to ship it. 20+ years post 9-11,  that should be the routine. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    Congratulations John. @JohnInCarolina
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    @Ozzie_Isaac That looks superb 😋
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    @Ozzie_Isaac That looks superb 😋
    The point and burnt ends were amazing.  The flat was decent, but no where near the burnt ends and point.

The jalapeno cheddar sausage was dynamite, the pork ribs were very good too.  Overall, it was a great meal, nobody reached for BBQ sauce.  My son and I walked back to our hotel to help settle the meal. 🤣

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    edited June 2023
    Just wrapped things up at the lab.  They gave me a gift!

(airport security might be interesting tomorrow)
    Congratulations buddy. Did you by chance give a lecture on scrotum  🤪

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    Good for you that they have a branch in Austin and way to enjoy. Saves the road trip.
    But given you are in Austin, Interstellar BBQ is # 2 Q joint in the latest Texas Monthly rankings Nov 2021 ( not an annual ranking).
    Leroy and Lewis is right there at #5 and Franklin's at #7.  Strike wihile the iron is hot.
    And road trip to Valentina's in Buda but check to see if open as they are moving.  Their Real Deal Holyfield is the best breakfast food on the planet. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Valentina’s definitely worth the trip. @lousubcap where are the moving to? Hopefully closer to the airport so I can sneak over more often. 
    Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolina
    Time for some fun:

• lousubcap
    Valentina’s definitely worth the trip. @lousubcap where are the moving to? Hopefully closer to the airport so I can sneak over more often. 
    I don't know but not a great distance I have heard.  I will be running down the ultimate location as quickly as available.  A banquet not to be missed.