Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Boiling water

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    I am quite sure you will get it rolling and them place on a BGE to "declare victory."
    Enjoy Friday!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2023
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am quite sure you will get it rolling and them place on a BGE to "declare victory."
    Enjoy Friday!
    Only way to boil water in the egg!  And sir, you are wise beyond your years 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    I’ve got a couple nice squirt bottles with sauces about to empty. Savoring the possibilities of adding something from a jar to them. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Counting down until I’m off for a week of staycation.
    worked overnight last night .
    Stayed up most of today. Filled in 1/2 shift for a local guy out sick .
    Had an interview for a part time position teaching at the community college. They are needing someone with large animal / farm experience for a part of the course … so we will see
    Mailed off a couple of gifts to a buddy actually getting to go on a stone sheep hunting trip (lucky bastard)

Started the daunting task of cleaning out my truck 😬.
    Since my overall commute is less ( 1k/ month) vs 2k a month daily driving ….been kicking the idea of trading in my Tacoma (as has 186k) miles on a new Tundra but was solely disappointed there are no V8 options probably won’t be happening.

Put on my 2023 car tags

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Love waking up at 2:30 on my day off. Currently online shopping for a new golf putter that I don’t need. It ain’t the arrow, it’s the indian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Love waking up at 2:30 on my day off. Currently online shopping for a new golf putter that I don’t need. It ain’t the arrow, it’s the indian
    Haha, thought I was the only one.  Good luck on your shoe search.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    Nephew’s high school graduation party. He’s heading to IU this fall so he’ll be in my backyard. 

His Dad had a pretty good view from his patio 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Battleborn

Tell us about the endgame. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    @Battleborn

Should be a really competitive series. As long as VGK sticks to their game and doesn’t get caught up in what Florida likes to do, they should win. VGK has been an incredible road team all year and has been really good at home the last couple of months. Cautiously optimistic for my squad. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Wondering how to stop birds from eating my figs.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Maybe an owl?

• Battleborn
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @Battleborn

Should be a really competitive series. As long as VGK sticks to their game and doesn’t get caught up in what Florida likes to do, they should win. VGK has been an incredible road team all year and has been really good at home the last couple of months. Cautiously optimistic for my squad. 
    Solid 1st period. VGK controlled the forecheck and was probably the more physical team. Gave up an unfortunate shorty but equalized. 

Also, absolutely love “The Great One” Wayne Gretzky’s analysis. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• DuckDogDr
    Options
    Just finished an afternoon hike. Another 2 weeks of this then will add 20lbs to my pack 
  • Battleborn
    Options
    Better team won tonight. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just finished an afternoon hike. Another 2 weeks of this then will add 20lbs to my pack 
    Pretty good pace especially with hills. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Just prepped about 50 wing parts and sliced some chicken tenderloins to make “boneless” for the kiddos. Smoked wangs on the menu
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    Replaced pos swing check valve with spring check valve. Didn't know better, hopefully this one will be dependable. If it's just as bad I'd rip out the whole configuration 👿

canuckland
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Indeed sir 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Canugghead - I'm getting dizzy just assessing your plumbing projects.  Never heard of a spring check valve but I'm still learning-like dang near every day here.  Good luck-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Increasing my lawn watering frequency. I about doubled it. No rain in site. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    @kl8ton, unusually dry here. Grass is already crunchy
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • DuckDogDr
    Options
    Went walking again today . Watch died mid walk but did 2.5 miles
    then went and saw my parents . Mom cooked 3 egg whites and sweet potato hash for me

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Canugghead - I'm getting dizzy just assessing your plumbing projects.  Never heard of a spring check valve but I'm still learning-like dang near every day here.  Good luck-
    Thanks cap, apologies for compounding your dizziness with the DM, lol  :)
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Prepping for a visit to Idaho Falls.  I'll be working with lab scientists at INL this week on their modeling efforts on enhanced geothermal systems (EGS).  I'm giving a seminar on recent advances in fracture mechanics and then meeting with several of the technical staff members.  Long trip out there but I expect it to be a fun and interesting couple of days.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina Good call to roll out there now instead of the middle of winter.  I thought that lab was primarily focused on nuclear research. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Looking at the new forum header pic.. Dang that boy has a mess of ribs going.Not so sure he will get the lid closed🤔
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....