Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,168
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Just got home from Jiu jitsu and cussing because the A/C has gone out at the house .
    I feel I need to clean before he even comes to repair 🙄. House is a wreck .. mostly been out of town the past month

Although it doesn’t look like it… this is me getting my arse kicked 
    What is the symptom?  Does it kick on but not blow cold, or does it not even start?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    its blowing , but not as hard as it used to and the internal unit sounds like it’s actually growling
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    its blowing , but not as hard as it used to and the internal unit sounds like it’s actually growling
    Blowing cold?  If it is blowing cold, but not as hard it could be your blower motor could be going out or some inline restriction.

@ikapigian may have some ideas.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    Blowing cold?  If it is blowing cold, but not as hard it could be your blower motor could be going out or some inline restriction.

@ikapigian may have some ideas.
    Air does seem to be  cold still and the way it’s growling I think is the blower motor 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,673
    Options
    Awfully hazy around here @canada you guys leave a cigarette burning or something?
    it is awful here this morning.  Can’t see the sky and we can smell the smoke.

paqman said:
    Awfully hazy around here @canada you guys leave a cigarette burning or something?
    I tried to get a picture right now, but the haze and yellowish hue didn’t really get captured. 
  • paqman
    Options
    paqman said:
    I tried to get a picture right now, but the haze and yellowish hue didn’t really get captured. 
    Same here, the sky kinda looks red.

We are about to get in the « purple » air quality zone so I presume it will only get worst today.

Options
    Pencil me into the bonne section, or Bon as we say in Louisiana with Cajun French. You boys stay safe up there. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,448
    Options
    Yep- the GWN fires generated smoke hs been down here for the past several days and again today an air quality alert.  Haze for the sky view cameras. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,353
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Yep- the GWN fires generated smoke hs been down here for the past several days and again today an air quality alert.  Haze for the sky view cameras. 
    We can smell it in the evenings when the winds die down. I can’t imagine what it’s like closer to the scene. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,685
    Options
    Makes for some killer sunsets 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• paqman
    Options

Options
    Time for an XXL.  Ribeye, short ribs, and flank steak.

There's no way you will buy an XXL. You don't have it in ya....    
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,431
    Options

De-stressing. Had to close pool today because it was too cloudy. I blame the Canadian fires.  Everything was humming along just fine and then bam... cloudy.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    kl8ton said:

kl8ton said:

I have another toy in mind that might serve me even better 😉
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Long day at the lab - just got back to the hotel.  Really good progress being made on enhanced geothermal systems.   Looks like they’re going to be viable.
    Were you in the lab with a pen and a pad?  I'm assuming only two forum members will get that.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,448
    Options
    I resemble that remark!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Long day at the lab - just got back to the hotel.  Really good progress being made on enhanced geothermal systems.   Looks like they’re going to be viable.
    Were you in the lab with a pen and a pad?  I'm assuming only two forum members will get that.  
    Don't act like you forgot about the dr.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,037
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    But was he tryin to get this damn label off?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:
    I ain't havin' that.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,367
    Options
    kl8ton said:

kl8ton said:

I feel like there is a joke in that comment. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,367
    Options
    Hotel in Idaho Falls. Hopefully the EconoLodge has been upgraded. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,037
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:
    I ain't havin' that.
    This is the millennium of Aftermath it ain't gon be nothing after that so give me one 
    more platinum plaque and...
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @WeberWho
    @Ozzie_Isaac
    you were the primary targets
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2023
    Options
    kl8ton said:

kl8ton said:

No joke, although it feels like my roofer just used one on me after I got the bid for recoating my roof. I got the "he has a bunch of green eggs in his back yard" version of the quote.

That might delay said real toy.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    kl8ton said:

kl8ton said:

No joke, although it feels like my roofer just used one on me after I got the bid for recoating my roof. I got the "he has a bunch of green eggs in his back yard" version of the quote.

Recoating what?  You are in Arizona. You get 0.25 in of rain per year.  That is 6.35 mm for you Canadians.  Do you not have clay tile roof? What do you need coated? I'm just being the devil's advocate here.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:

kl8ton said:

Recoating what?  You are in Arizona. You get 0.25 in of rain per year.  That is 6.35 mm for you Canadians.  Do you not have clay tile roof? What do you need coated? I'm just being the devil's advocate here.
    I have a flat roof.  Has an elastomeric coating.  The sun absolutely destroys them in 5 - 7 years.  Then when we do get some rain you risk leaks.

This round only lasted 3 years.  I am not very happy about that