Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina Good call to roll out there now instead of the middle of winter.  I thought that lab was primarily focused on nuclear research. 
    Nuclear energy research is their main mission, Frank.  I actually have a current PhD student doing an internship out there, and they are working on fuel modeling.  

Like most of the labs, in addition to the main mission there are many staff members working on a wide variety of projects.  The reality is that the level of sophistication needed to accurately simulate what happens inside a nuclear reactor gives rise to codes that have great capabilities for a good range of applications.  And so technical staff members at the labs tend to work on a fairly broad set of projects that are in the energy space and fall under the purview of the Office of Science.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Reminds me, I need to yank my grills out and do my XL. She greasy
  • For today’s burn, I am using a new charcoal for the first time. Picked it up at Costco. Any experience, @paqman, @canugghead?

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    @GrateEggspectations not yet, waiting to try it too

@GrateEggspectations xylo has been around a few years, never saw it at Costco. THTHBBQ.com (reincarnation of Ontario Gas BBQ, then Barbecue World) had it on clearance last year IIRC, didn’t buy.
    canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    @fishlessman those are some nice bass. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    Good lord those are some nice fish @fishlessman
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017
    Fishlessman "property taxes are too damn high from all of these weekenders"

Friend with bass boat "hold my beer"
    Not a felon
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,064
    Awfully hazy around here @canada you guys leave a cigarette burning or something?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    ColtsFan said:
    @fishlessman those are some nice bass. 

except for the large mouth, all the big fish came from behind the house from about twenty feet from the dock upstream about a half mile. probably did a hundred miles searching different areas only to come back  to the dock
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Good lord those are some nice fish @fishlessman

one off my neighbors bought a mile stretch and had it rezoned for conservation, will never be a house up there. its crazy fishing in the spring, ive never seen another bass boat up that stretch
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Legume said:
    Fishlessman "property taxes are too damn high from all of these weekenders"

Friend with bass boat "hold my beer"

still inline tax wise but suspect the taxes to triple in the next few years with the new covid price increases. people went crazy updating homes the last few years
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    Mildly surprised @fishlessman posting pics of himself... holding fish... didn't break Vanilla's software.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    @fishlessman - independent of the catches, what quality time in a beautiful environment right there. 
    Once ashore how did the beer and gin lockers hold up??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    Mildly surprised @fishlessman posting pics of himself... holding fish... didn't break Vanilla's software.
    You made a few questionable assumptions:

1. At least one of the photos is of @fishlessman . He mentioned fishing with multiple people.
    2. Person holding the fish caught the fish.

As an "educator" I would expect more thoughtful analysis of situations.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• lousubcap
    I cannot stand the word "assume".  An escape clause for too many things that end up going south.  Off mini soap-box. 
    Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman

bass fisherman..... who drives a boat into a 20 mph head wind with 3 foot white capped chop in a modified surfboard with a 225 merc strapped to the back at 75 mph. im lucky i could stand......
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    edited June 2023
    Wow.  
    I haven't been this geeked out since walking thru that doorway at Palmdale and looking up at the new B-2 bomber, parked right in front of me.

Just finished watching Apple's WWDC, 2 hours ten minutes; it was long as they had cancelled their February show, and showed both new hardware and OS development in this one.  New 15.3" Macbook Air (18 hours battery life!) $1,299.  New Mac Pro, $OMG.  Some neat OS tricks coming up.  All stuff I was expecting.

"Oh, and One More Thing..."   :)  Their upcoming AR headset, the Apple Vision Pro.  I can't even try to describe how this thing works, how much amazing design is in it, and how much (provided it works as advertised) this is going to completely change education, design, art, entertainment, training, sports, office work, just... everything.  Dayam.  I'll see if their new TV ad is up on their website, and post it here.  

EDIT:  Right here:  https://youtu.be/TX9qSaGXFyg

I expected to see a price between $6,000 and $10K.  It'll be $3,499.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945

1. At least one of the photos is of @fishlessman . He mentioned fishing with multiple people.

Which one is thefishwhisperer?
    canuckland
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,322
    Some maintenance and repair on the Impala.  Midrange speakers in the doors have been "weak" for the past year or so.  Listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan do Little Wing at proper volume on our last road trip ended them.  Also replaced the tweeters in the A-pillar, just because.
    Then ran braided cable thru all four sunroof drain holes.  Once had one get plugged up, found out during a thunderstorm, it was a mess.  Luckily no back seat passengers when it happened.  Clean them yearly ever since that.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • dbCooper said:
    Some maintenance and repair on the Impala.  Midrange speakers in the doors have been "weak" for the past year or so.  Listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan do Little Wing at proper volume on our last road trip ended them.  Also replaced the tweeters in the A-pillar, just because.
    Then ran braided cable thru all four sunroof drain holes.  Once had one get plugged up, found out during a thunderstorm, it was a mess.  Luckily no back seat passengers when it happened.  Clean them yearly ever since that.

If there’s a song worth killing your speakers for, you really nailed it. Zakk Wylde said that recording was proof that God exists. 
  • fishlessman
    Some Greek neighbours just stopped by unexpectedly with homemade spanakopita. 

Love that stuff
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    Some Greek neighbours just stopped by unexpectedly with homemade spanakopita. 

Classic "Better to be lucky than good" right there. Looks incredible. 
  • fishlessman

Which one is thefishwhisperer?
    He stayed home drinking bud light using a quart of luuuube.....not that there's anything wrong with that
    fukahwee maine

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Just got home from Jiu jitsu and cussing because the A/C has gone out at the house .
    I feel I need to clean before he even comes to repair 🙄. House is a wreck .. mostly been out of town the past month

Although it doesn’t look like it… this is me getting my arse kicked