Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options
1267326742676267826792946

Comments

  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Dang @SGH
    South of Columbus, Ohio.


  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,260
    Options
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    @SGH - Da-n. What a tragedy.  Sounds like you have no idea the source.  At least no one hurt, no lost meats and no collateral damage.  But still...
    Insurance coverage??

    I honestly don’t have a clue how it started. And you are correct, luckily no one was hurt and no other damage. As far as insurance, no sir. A couple of grand up in smoke. 
    Maybe you had some tweakers move in and try and cook some meth.  We have had a number of car fires in my area due to them setting up meth labs in the cars.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Options
    Summab!tch @SGH! Hate to hear that. Glad all is safe and no other damage or casualties. 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,552
    Options
    SGH said:
    Being mildly irritated. 
    I’m a little irritated myself. My new smokehouse burned to the ground. 


    I'm sorry for your loss(but like a Phoenix)...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

    Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,552
    Options
    billt01 said:
    I really want a Blue Star range, but that is a lot of $$$ to hedge on divided government actually doing something.
    was looking at several high end appliance brands and thought I had my mind made up until I spend over an hour talking to a gent about the internals of them all. 

    The wife and I settled on a PCFG3670AF..

    I guess we will see what we will see...

    Interesting, why did a Frigidaire float to the top?  My folks have all Frigidaire pro line stuff.  It is real nice, but didn't realize it was on the same level.
    SHIB
    30 days / up 25%
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

    Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,342
    Options
    SGH said:
    Being mildly irritated. 
    I’m a little irritated myself. My new smokehouse burned to the ground. 



    Hate to hear that @SGH
    LBGE
    AL
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Condolences, @sgh. That’s horrible. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,842
    Options
    SGH said:
    Being mildly irritated. 
    I’m a little irritated myself. My new smokehouse burned to the ground. 


    I feel pain,creosote goes quick ...mine lit off like an xmas tree a few years ago, was able to salvage and rebuild a lot of it 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    Thanks fellows, I really appreciate. However do not fret. We can rebuild it. We have the technology. The only thing we are lacking is the money 🤣

    Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

    Status- Standing by.

    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,851
    Options
    SGH said:
    Thanks fellows, I really appreciate. However do not fret. We can rebuild it. We have the technology. The only thing we are lacking is the money 🤣
    Make it a two venter with a crescent moon on the door😁
    fukahwee maine

    you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    SGH said:
    Thanks fellows, I really appreciate. However do not fret. We can rebuild it. We have the technology. The only thing we are lacking is the money 🤣
    Make it a two venter with a crescent moon on the door😁
    I think after this incident I am going to give up on my idea of making it portable. The next one will have 3 foot high brick walls and then 12 foot wood walls above. With that said, money will certainly be the determining factor when all is said and done. 

    Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

    Status- Standing by.

    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,628
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    Thanks fellows, I really appreciate. However do not fret. We can rebuild it. We have the technology. The only thing we are lacking is the money 🤣
    Make it a two venter with a crescent moon on the door😁
    I think after this incident I am going to give up on my idea of making it portable. The next one will have 3 foot high brick walls and then 12 foot wood walls above. With that said, money will certainly be the determining factor when all is said and done. 
    @SGH Might take a bit longer to buy that Caribbean island palace you've got targeted I guess.  All in good fun.  And the end result still sucks as you are well aware.  
    BTW- no serious bleed outs with the Muhle R41 as a head shaver.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,880
    Options

    It’’s all muck and bullets in the maelstrom of mid-season.  Transfers, back to back matches, managers fearing the dreaded ‘vote of confidence’ (code for, pack your bags) from the owners, teams for sale, and the odd smattering of actual kick-ball.  

    Liverpool v Chelsea, well - the is clash of the flaccids.  9th plays 10th. At least the Blues can blame new ownership turmoil.  Big questions is; what next for Big Jurgy? Has heavy metal football gone the way of disco?  1-1

    Bournemouth v Forest, one defeat in 5 for the visitors and perhaps the unique approach of 25 new players for this season will work afetrall? The hosts are slumping in that way wet plaster slides off a wall. 0-2

    Leicester v Brighton, why do the Filthy Seagulls only ever play rubbish teams?  Foxes on a four game losing streak, cue the South Coast wretches to rock up and steal the baby’s candy. 0-2

    Southampton v Villa, although the Saints have improved recently - not hard, frankly, their guests this weekend are on a richer run of form. I wager a regression to the mean and 1-2 away win.

    West Ham  v Everton, no one had these two as 18th and 19th at the mid-way point, but they are and there is no luck in that.  One - maybe both managers will be sacked after this match. Leave it any longer and the new incumbent has no transfer options because the window closes on 31st.  Both teams’ form is completely up the creek and the actual result is merely a by-line. 37-6 and five eighths. 

    Palace v Newcastle, we scored a goal! Nothing better than scoring in the dying seconds to rob the self-entitled thin skinned moaners from Man Utd. But now it’s the Toon in town with one defeat in 19.  On the plus side their talismanic Brazilian (player, not below the waist hairstyle) is absent through injury, blend that with our trademark but unwanted unpredictability to spice things up. I’ll take 1-1 all day long. 

    Sunday

    Leeds v Brentford, Jesse’s lads just can’t pull clear of the whirling eddy of the relegation zone. The Bees just keep on doing whatever the hell it is they do and sit pretty in 8th. 2-2

    Man City v Wolves, slightly misfiring Citeh really do need a word with themselves, but a big comeback win last night against Spurs could be the self-affirming jolt they needed. 2-0 and nothing to see here.

    Arsenal v Man Utd, the big match but once again this could be the tale of one absent player as Utd’s major asset multiplier is suspended. A traditionally spicy affair back in the day when tenacious spirit was more important than Insta-likes. 2-0

    Monday 

    Fulham v Spurs, 5th hosts 6th and another ‘who’d have thought that?’ situation. The bubble just won’t burst for Fulham and good for them, and by that I mean - I loathe them for it.  Tough to call because Spurs have gone all Spursy so could be anywhere between imperious and shambolic, often during the same game.  2-2

    Finally, and straight out of my gambling wheelhouse, congratulations to the chap who plonked $1.4 million on the LA Chargers when they were winning 27-0.  I understand this relates to a game of space-man attired, whisper secret, bump in to each other and then stop for an ad’ break ball.   I like that he would have won $11,250,  that’s my kind of wagering.  He didn’t.  Don’t be that guy this weekend, unless you can get the book and screen play rights nailed directly after.

    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

    It’’s all muck and bullets in the maelstrom of mid-season.  Transfers, back to back matches, managers fearing the dreaded ‘vote of confidence’ (code for, pack your bags) from the owners, teams for sale, and the odd smattering of actual kick-ball.  

    Liverpool v Chelsea, well - the is clash of the flaccids.  9th plays 10th. At least the Blues can blame new ownership turmoil.  Big questions is; what next for Big Jurgy? Has heavy metal football gone the way of disco?  1-1

    Bournemouth v Forest, one defeat in 5 for the visitors and perhaps the unique approach of 25 new players for this season will work afetrall? The hosts are slumping in that way wet plaster slides off a wall. 0-2

    Leicester v Brighton, why do the Filthy Seagulls only ever play rubbish teams?  Foxes on a four game losing streak, cue the South Coast wretches to rock up and steal the baby’s candy. 0-2

    Southampton v Villa, although the Saints have improved recently - not hard, frankly, their guests this weekend are on a richer run of form. I wager a regression to the mean and 1-2 away win.

    West Ham  v Everton, no one had these two as 18th and 19th at the mid-way point, but they are and there is no luck in that.  One - maybe both managers will be sacked after this match. Leave it any longer and the new incumbent has no transfer options because the window closes on 31st.  Both teams’ form is completely up the creek and the actual result is merely a by-line. 37-6 and five eighths. 

    Palace v Newcastle, we scored a goal! Nothing better than scoring in the dying seconds to rob the self-entitled thin skinned moaners from Man Utd. But now it’s the Toon in town with one defeat in 19.  On the plus side their talismanic Brazilian (player, not below the waist hairstyle) is absent through injury, blend that with our trademark but unwanted unpredictability to spice things up. I’ll take 1-1 all day long. 

    Sunday

    Leeds v Brentford, Jesse’s lads just can’t pull clear of the whirling eddy of the relegation zone. The Bees just keep on doing whatever the hell it is they do and sit pretty in 8th. 2-2

    Man City v Wolves, slightly misfiring Citeh really do need a word with themselves, but a big comeback win last night against Spurs could be the self-affirming jolt they needed. 2-0 and nothing to see here.

    Arsenal v Man Utd, the big match but once again this could be the tale of one absent player as Utd’s major asset multiplier is suspended. A traditionally spicy affair back in the day when tenacious spirit was more important than Insta-likes. 2-0

    Monday 

    Fulham v Spurs, 5th hosts 6th and another ‘who’d have thought that?’ situation. The bubble just won’t burst for Fulham and good for them, and by that I mean - I loathe them for it.  Tough to call because Spurs have gone all Spursy so could be anywhere between imperious and shambolic, often during the same game.  2-2

    Finally, and straight out of my gambling wheelhouse, congratulations to the chap who plonked $1.4 million on the LA Chargers when they were winning 27-0.  I understand this relates to a game of space-man attired, whisper secret, bump in to each other and then stop for an ad’ break ball.   I like that he would have won $11,250,  that’s my kind of wagering.  He didn’t.  Don’t be that guy this weekend, unless you can get the book and screen play rights nailed directly after.

    I was of two minds with the City/Spurs game midweek.  City dropping points is always a good thing, but Spurs going all Spursy…

    LBGE

    Pikesville, MD

  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,502
    Options


    Just finished digging it out and cleaning up. Happy F’in Friday boys
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,260
    Options
    ColbyLang said:


    Just finished digging it out and cleaning up. Happy F’in Friday boys
    My man, this seems to be an ongoing issue with bread making!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,260
    Options
    My daughter put the first ride on her filly this morning.  (Full vest, back support, and helmet)


    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    My daughter put the first ride on her filly this morning.  (Full vest, back support, and helmet)


    Is that one of those new headless horses?  =)
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,260
    Options
    My daughter put the first ride on her filly this morning.  (Full vest, back support, and helmet)


    Is that one of those new headless horses?  =)
    Boston Dynamics Version 🤣
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,260
    Options
    Horse x-rays


    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,502
    Options
    ColbyLang said:


    Just finished digging it out and cleaning up. Happy F’in Friday boys
    My man, this seems to be an ongoing issue with bread making!
    Gasket separation. Sucks throwing away so much money
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,260
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:


    Just finished digging it out and cleaning up. Happy F’in Friday boys
    My man, this seems to be an ongoing issue with bread making!
    Gasket separation. Sucks throwing away so much money
    To bad you couldn't sell it to a dog Bakery or something.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,502
    Options
    Had a hog feed guy come pickup about half of it. Told him I wanted some belly out of the arrangement. Still threw away at least $2500 worth of flour. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Regretting the cheat day in my diet ..
    I have a pretty unforgiving GI tract to begin with ..
    and I am officially miserable.. both ends

    went from protein shakes and grilled chicken to fries and burger …. Gonna stick with the diet for a while
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,260
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Regretting the cheat day in my diet ..
    I have a pretty unforgiving GI tract to begin with ..
    and I am officially miserable.. both ends

    went from protein shakes and grilled chicken to fries and burger …. Gonna stick with the diet for a while
    You have a hunt to get in shape for!  Infind it good to have a bad cheat day.  Makes it easier to not do again.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin