Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options
1267626772679268126822930

Comments

  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,075
    Options
    Hard to see, but it is snowing


    Guess it’s time to go ice fishing…
    To bad I sold my Vexilar when I came back to AZ.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Thanks @MasterC been a while like I can’t remember the last time I felt this shvtty 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.


  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Thanks @MasterC been a while like I can’t remember the last time I felt this shvtty 
    Hope you’re only down for the count for a couple days at most there buddy.  That’s been what I have heard from most folks who have caught the most recent strain.  No fun for sure but at least temporary.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Thanks @JohnInCarolina swmbo is over the hump, it’s more important to me that she gets better, I will be fine.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.


  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Hard to see, but it is snowing



    Not sure what part of Arizona you are in. But back in the mid to late 80’s I worked in Springerville and it would snow like heck there. 

    Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

    Status- Standing by.

    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,075
    Options
    SGH said:
    Hard to see, but it is snowing



    Not sure what part of Arizona you are in. But back in the mid to late 80’s I worked in Springerville and it would snow like heck there. 
    Yeah, Springerville is worlds away from me.  They get a lot of snow up that way.  Flagstaff AZ, is one of the snowiest (3rd) cities in the US.  They average around 100 inches.

    I like only being a few hours from snow, but not having to deal with it here.  Like grand babies.  You can go an visit, then leave when you are tired of them.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    Airing out my house.  Closed the flue, then lit a fire. 🤦‍♂️. There was a frantic 2 minutes trying to figure out wtf is going on.
    reverse sear?
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

    Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,075
    Options
    billt01 said:
    Airing out my house.  Closed the flue, then lit a fire. 🤦‍♂️. There was a frantic 2 minutes trying to figure out wtf is going on.
    reverse sear?
    Forward sear.  I used my Grill-Gun to light it for a nice hard sear then the smoke started rolling. ,😂😭😂
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,075
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Can't really share this on FB or anything, but thought you all would chuckle.

    My MiL is probably the single worst person I have ever had the misfortune to run across in my life.  My wife's grandmother is who actually raised her (thank God).

    Well anyway, my MiL is very upset with me and her daughter.  So she introduced me yesterday to a guy who I know and have met many times as her "Ex Son-in-law".  This was as I was delivering a bunch of stuff she wanted to her house.

    I asked my wife if I should know anything, she said:  "Nope, she told me I was no longer her daughter too."  We all had a good laugh.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Can't really share this on FB or anything, but thought you all would chuckle.

    My MiL is probably the single worst person I have ever had the misfortune to run across in my life.  My wife's grandmother is who actually raised her (thank God).

    Well anyway, my MiL is very upset with me and her daughter.  So she introduced me yesterday to a guy who I know and have met many times as her "Ex Son-in-law".  This was as I was delivering a bunch of stuff she wanted to her house.

    I asked my wife if I should know anything, she said:  "Nope, she told me I was no longer her daughter too."  We all had a good laugh.
    That's too bad. Sorry to hear that and I feel for your wife. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

    Minnesota
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Can't really share this on FB or anything, but thought you all would chuckle.

    My MiL is probably the single worst person I have ever had the misfortune to run across in my life.  My wife's grandmother is who actually raised her (thank God).

    Well anyway, my MiL is very upset with me and her daughter.  So she introduced me yesterday to a guy who I know and have met many times as her "Ex Son-in-law".  This was as I was delivering a bunch of stuff she wanted to her house.

    I asked my wife if I should know anything, she said:  "Nope, she told me I was no longer her daughter too."  We all had a good laugh.
    Sorry to hear that.  At least you guys understand the situation and can make a clean break of it whereas my MIL likes to play the manipulation game and toes the line...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Dr. Henry Cloud, Boundaries.  Ive heard its good for stuff like this
    South of Columbus, Ohio.


  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,075
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations very well said.  This part rang especially true for me:

    "See people for who they are and what they really bring to your life and omit the people who consistently bring negativity and heartache. "


    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,373
    Options
    @WeberWho - You are living the dream right there.  I have no idea the percentage of population (female or male) who could achieve that outcome but I am quite sure it is well below 0.1%.  
    Does she do cooker restorations as well??  =)
    Better to be lucky than good any day!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - You are living the dream right there.  I have no idea the percentage of population (female or male) who could achieve that outcome but I am quite sure it is well below 0.1%.  
    Does she do cooker restorations as well??  =)
    Better to be lucky than good any day!
    She did ride shotgun the first time down to Kansas City for a smoker. I'm working on it!  =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

    Minnesota
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Snuggling with DuckDog tonight. Well both sleep better. 
    been working out of town (took him with me to train)… he’s used to sleeping with me every night… practice owner stated he doesn’t even let his own dogs in the 
    Clinic suite …

    so much to Duck Dog’s distain he had to stay in the kennel
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,579
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    My wife's a rockstar! She called me and mentioned that our furnace went out. She said, "I really wanted to figure it out before you got home from work. I've been watching videos and trying to diagnose the issue". She ended up calling the local shop and talking with one of the tech's. I think he was impressed with what my wife figured out while diagnosing it. The tech talked with my wife on how to diagnose it so they could save a trip out and us money. Next thing you know my wife is jumping wires with a paperclip and gets the furnace to kick back on! Now we have heat to warm the house back up for the next 2-3 hours before shutting it back off for the night. It should be a quick installation job for them tomorrow since my wife and the tech figured it out on the phone. I don't think they would have done that for most people. She keeps telling me to call her, "Heidi" from Tool Time. 

    My wife will even take the dryer apart when it shreds a belt! Now if I can somehow convince her to tackle my alternator on my truck this weekend!  ;)
    Great story. I must admit I thought it was going to have a Ron twist at the end😉
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    My wife's a rockstar! She called me and mentioned that our furnace went out. She said, "I really wanted to figure it out before you got home from work. I've been watching videos and trying to diagnose the issue". She ended up calling the local shop and talking with one of the tech's. I think he was impressed with what my wife figured out while diagnosing it. The tech talked with my wife on how to diagnose it so they could save a trip out and us money. Next thing you know my wife is jumping wires with a paperclip and gets the furnace to kick back on! Now we have heat to warm the house back up for the next 2-3 hours before shutting it back off for the night. It should be a quick installation job for them tomorrow since my wife and the tech figured it out on the phone. I don't think they would have done that for most people. She keeps telling me to call her, "Heidi" from Tool Time. 

    My wife will even take the dryer apart when it shreds a belt! Now if I can somehow convince her to tackle my alternator on my truck this weekend!  ;)
    Don’t bother ever buying a lottery ticket, sounds like you already hit the jackpot!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,526
    Options
    Ron twist 🤣 get it copyrighted @johnmitchell
    canuckland
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    and some Adobo Paste for a Chili Cook Off Sunday 

    If you are wearing the hat 🎩 I hope you win 🏆 
    If you ain’t wearing the hat I hope you lose 🤪

    Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

    Status- Standing by.

    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,763
    Options
    SGH said:
    lkapigian said:
    and some Adobo Paste for a Chili Cook Off Sunday 

    If you are wearing the hat 🎩 I hope you win 🏆 
    If you ain’t wearing the hat I hope you lose 🤪
    Rib cookoff in March, I’ll sport it just for you Scottie 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    Waiting to see if a tornado is going to come through. Power is blinking in and out.