Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options
1267726782680268226832945

Comments

  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,257
    Options
    Waiting to see if a tornado is going to come through. Power is blinking in and out.
    Been a rash of bad weather from coast to coast.  Stay safe.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,355
    Options
    Seems to be past. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Snowing here now. Literally slush falling out of the sky
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Right now. 


    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,257
    Options
    Heading to Durango.

    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,257
    Options
    Right now. 


    That is beautiful.  I love the look of snow and I love the complete silence outside after a fresh fall.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,379
    Options
    Watching the snow, 9 to 12 inches forecast, and begrudgingly commit to cook inside tonight.


    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @MasterC it looks like you've got many more inches than @saluki2007
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    @MasterC it looks like you've got many more inches than @saluki2007
    My ruler stops at 7 inches but it didn’t hit any ground…
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Right now. 


    That is beautiful.  I love the look of snow and I love the complete silence outside after a fresh fall.
    So true. Deadens all sound. I’m eyeing that hot tub and thinking how great it is to be in one when you’re surrounded by the falling snow. 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,379
    Options
    @MasterC it looks like you've got many more inches than @saluki2007
    And it's picking up 

    About 15  minutes later

    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,379
    Options
    Awesome pup
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Right now. 


    That is beautiful.  I love the look of snow and I love the complete silence outside after a fresh fall.
    So true. Deadens all sound. I’m eyeing that hot tub and thinking how great it is to be in one when you’re surrounded by the falling snow. 
    The youngest and I got in after shoveling the driveway.  It's a great feeling.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @MasterC - that will warm you up right quick!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,257
    Options
    Saw this logo, and immediately liked it:


    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 586
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Earlier this morning there was an 80% chance of snow. My buddy asked if I'd be willing to help shovel as his business is struggling to find anyone willing to work. I said I'd help out as they're in a pinch. It's down to a 20% chance of snow now. I wasn't looking forward to 3-4 hours worth of shoveling after getting off of work at 6pm tomorrow night  The last time I helped out with shoveling it was a 14 hour day. What are friends for right? He'd do the same if I was in a pinch. 
    Hoping it holds off. I'm about tired of the snow for the year and we have 2 months to go yet.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,642
    Options
    Saw this logo, and immediately liked it:


    Tacow?
    canuckland
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,057
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    WeberWho said:
    Earlier this morning there was an 80% chance of snow. My buddy asked if I'd be willing to help shovel as his business is struggling to find anyone willing to work. I said I'd help out as they're in a pinch. It's down to a 20% chance of snow now. I wasn't looking forward to 3-4 hours worth of shoveling after getting off of work at 6pm tomorrow night  The last time I helped out with shoveling it was a 14 hour day. What are friends for right? He'd do the same if I was in a pinch. 
    Hoping it holds off. I'm about tired of the snow for the year and we have 2 months to go yet.

    Yeah, its been crazy! We've already accumulated more snow in the last 1.5 - 2 months then we usually get all winter long. I was getting worried that my snowblower wouldn't shoot the snow past the big wall of snow already built up from snowblowing. For how awful that rain that turned into ice a week or two ago was, it helped keep the snow a little more manageable with it melting some of the snow. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

    Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,057
    Options
    I want to strangle whoever came up with the angle toilet lever! My coworker who is one of the nicest people you could ever meet unfortunately lost her husband a few years ago. Her adult kids live out of state. (I graduated with her son) She absolutely hates asking for help and the last thing she wants to do is burden someone else. She asks me, "I was quoted $500 to replace the parts in my toilet with a new handle. That's too much right?"  Now this kind of stuff pisses me off!!! Especially when it comes to someone who's a widow. I hate people who take advantage of people like that. I'm glad she asked. I stopped over at her house after work tonight and swapped out the fill valve and flapper with new ones. Unfortunately she has an angle toilet flush. Ugh!!! Since she broke her old toilet handle she went and bought a "universal" handle where you can adjust the arm for the angle of the toilet. Unfortunately the adjustment dial/knuckle it too big and hits the wall of the tank when flushing. So that's no good. I'm going to do a little more research online tonight and see if I can find one without a big round chunky adjustment dial. Stupid angled toilets! Ugh!!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

    Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,257
    edited January 2023
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I want to strangle whoever came up with the angle toilet lever! My coworker who is one of the nicest people you could ever meet unfortunately lost her husband a few years ago. Her adult kids live out of state. (I graduated with her son) She absolutely hates asking for help and the last thing she wants to do is burden someone else. She asks me, "I was quoted $500 to replace the parts in my toilet with a new handle. That's too much right?"  Now this kind of stuff pisses me off!!! Especially when it comes to someone who's a widow. I hate people who take advantage of people like that. I'm glad she asked. I stopped over at her house after work tonight and swapped out the fill valve and flapper with new ones. Unfortunately she has an angle toilet flush. Ugh!!! Since she broke her old toilet handle she went and bought a "universal" handle where you can adjust the arm for the angle of the toilet. Unfortunately the adjustment dial/knuckle it too big and hits the wall of the tank when flushing. So that's no good. I'm going to do a little more research online tonight and see if I can find one without a big round chunky adjustment dial. Stupid angled toilets! Ugh!!!!
    I had an issue with a universal nut before, I ground the corners down and it worked.  Not sure if you have the same issue though.

    Edit:. Yes, that quote is way out of line, and the type of thing that gives trades a bad name.

    Honest roofers and plumbers are hard to find.  When you do, make sure you let others know.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,057
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I want to strangle whoever came up with the angle toilet lever! My coworker who is one of the nicest people you could ever meet unfortunately lost her husband a few years ago. Her adult kids live out of state. (I graduated with her son) She absolutely hates asking for help and the last thing she wants to do is burden someone else. She asks me, "I was quoted $500 to replace the parts in my toilet with a new handle. That's too much right?"  Now this kind of stuff pisses me off!!! Especially when it comes to someone who's a widow. I hate people who take advantage of people like that. I'm glad she asked. I stopped over at her house after work tonight and swapped out the fill valve and flapper with new ones. Unfortunately she has an angle toilet flush. Ugh!!! Since she broke her old toilet handle she went and bought a "universal" handle where you can adjust the arm for the angle of the toilet. Unfortunately the adjustment dial/knuckle it too big and hits the wall of the tank when flushing. So that's no good. I'm going to do a little more research online tonight and see if I can find one without a big round chunky adjustment dial. Stupid angled toilets! Ugh!!!!
    I had an issue with a universal nut before, I ground the corners down and it worked.  Not sure if you have the same issue though.

    Edit:. Yes, that quote is way out of line, and the type of thing that gives trades a bad name.

    Honest roofers and plumbers are hard to find.  When you do, make sure you let others know.

    Hey thanks for the tip. Since the handle comes in at an angle the pivot point knuckle/adjustment hit the side of the tank when flushing. I'm hoping to find something half the size to clear the wall of the tank. 


    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

    Minnesota