Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    lousubcap said:
     Perhaps it can be recaptured.  

Not in my lifetime.....
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    edited November 2022
    I still don't like Tom Brady.  I am sure he cost a number of his fans their life savings, schilling for FTX.  If he lost everything, then that is just to bad.  He will make more, but I bet those who trusted him will never recover.
    I don’t like him or the Patriots. But he lost his wife, a boat load of money, and his team is playing bad . All in the last couple of months. I think karma has hammered him enough.
    No.  Not at all.  SO MANY of us have lost so much more, in less time, and went hungry.  And we didn't cheat. In a stupid game.  F*** tom brady.  
    Where can we send cash donations to karma?  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Botch said:
    I still don't like Tom Brady.  I am sure he cost a number of his fans their life savings, schilling for FTX.  If he lost everything, then that is just to bad.  He will make more, but I bet those who trusted him will never recover.
    I don’t like him or the Patriots. But he lost his wife, a boat load of money, and his team is playing bad . All in the last couple of months. I think karma has hammered him enough.
    No.  Not at all.  SO MANY of us have lost so much more, in less time, and went hungry.  And we didn't cheat. In a stupid game.  F*** tom brady.  
    Aggressive. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Botch said:
    Aggressive. 
    Should have known the Astros fan would be a Patriots fan too.

J/K 😁
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch said:
    That used to be Giselles job but she went free agent.
  • Battleborn
    edited November 2022
    Botch said:
    Aggressive. 
    Should have known the Astros fan would be a Patriots fan too.

J/K 😁
    100% not a Patriots fan. But I did learn awhile ago that holding hate and contempt towards other people benefits me in zero ways. 

Also the Patriots cheat. (See what I did there)😂
    Las Vegas, NV

• Everyone’s favorite pro sports team is as pure as the driven snow… until they get caught.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Everyone’s favorite pro sports team is as pure as the driven snow… until they get caught.  
    I don’t know if I would agree with that, necessarily. I am an Astros fan. They are 100% not pure as it relates to 2017. But 2017 has no bearing on 2022. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    Everyone’s favorite pro sports team is as pure as the driven snow… until they get caught.  
    I don’t know if I would agree with that, necessarily. I am an Astros fan. They are 100% not pure as it relates to 2017. But 2017 has no bearing on 2022. 

every team gets caught
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

It’s too close to call at the moment but the current projections are for a share of power between each of the sides. Yes, my friends, rain is forecast for Sunday and Monday in Melbourne so the cricket T20 final could be decided without a ball being bowled. England played the semi-final in red and India in blue which puts me in mind of another tight battle; Bournemouth v Everton, tomorrow.

Here we go then - and this is your last dose of sensibility before Christmas because of the least anticipated World Cup ever, that starts next weekend. 

Man City v Brentford, home win and a game that the Bees just need over and done with. 3-0

Bournemouth v Everton, the hosts are sliding down the table with 4 straight defeats, the Toffees are marginally better.  Both will see this as chance to regain their mojo.   Because of that 2-2

Liverpool v Southampton. the visitors have dispensed with crazy Ralf as their boss and will expect little from this encounter.  The Reds ain’t great but they’ve got plenty enough for this. 3-0

Forest v Palace, bad omens circling.  Forest are stone cold bottom - on merit, while Palace are back to winning ways and receiving plaudits - which always makes me nervous.  1-2

Spurs v Leeds, the visitors are flying while the hosts have hit turbulence. Could go either way but neither will want to miss out on points which could make it a scrappy, nervy affair. 2-1

West Ham v Leicester, the Eagles’ surprise but deserved win at the Hammers last week has seen the hosts slip below the Foxes in the table - which seemed very remote just 2 weeks ago. Wee Davie Moyes will be at his scary, shouty, sweary Scotsman best. And for that alone I am going 2-0

Newcastle v Chelsea, well it seems the rise of the newly minted Toon is at the cost of Chelsea this season.  They are in rich form, a comfy third place and 6 points clear of this weekend’s opponents.   The new manager bounce has now fully dissipated and the Blues are struggling for rhythm, so more like jazz - to stretch the analogy too far.  An uncomfortable reality hits home, 2-1.

Wolves v Arsenal, 0-3.

Sunday

Brighton v Aston Villa, in similar runs of form and with recently appointed new men at the helm.  Possibly too soon for Villa but they could well set-up with a resolute defensive strategy for this one and nullify the filthy Seagulls. 0-0

Fulham v Man Utd, the west London lads will not be phased by the now settling Utd.  Their elevated league position has sustained in to the second trimester, so no luck in that.  A creditable draw feels probable, accepting either team could win this. 1-1.

Farewell my footy-friends and flaggers.  See you on the other side, which will be almost 2023.  

Where does the time go?   Nowhere, it doesn’t exist therefore it can’t have been anywhere first for it to then go somewhere.  Come on, get a grip.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    One of the first comedians I can remember as a kid. 

RIP Gallagher

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:

RIP Gallagher

Oh man.  He is the first comedian I can remember seeing too.  Didn't realize a person could make a job of that till I saw him on TV.  I was amazed.

Then I moved ont to George Carlin and Andrew Dice Clay.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Seventy-six?!?   :o  I thought he was about my age or younger.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    WeberWho said:

RIP Gallagher

RIP, saw him in concert , great prop comedian 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    WeberWho said:

RIP Gallagher

Watermelons the world over are celebrating.
    WeberWho said:

RIP Gallagher

Nah, I believe his brother has been doing the schtick for years now. I think he sold off the rights to his persona a while back. Not 💯 though
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:

RIP Gallagher

Nah, I believe his brother has been doing the schtick for years now. I think he sold off the rights to his persona a while back. Not 💯 though
    His brother stole his act.  It ended in a lawsuit and Leo Gallagher won.  His brother was no longer allowed to use the Sledge-O-Matic or his likeness.
  • WeberWho said:

RIP Gallagher

His brother stole his act.  It ended in a lawsuit and Leo Gallagher won.  His brother was no longer allowed to use the Sledge-O-Matic or his likeness.
    So you’re saying that watermelons the world over are, in fact, celebrating?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho said:

RIP Gallagher

Only the ones that aren't depressed.
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    edited November 2022
    I was in ALDI on my lunch break, they had their butterball turkeys on sale for $1.07per lb if anyone is interested. We are doing ham all around for thanksgiving so I skipped the turkey.
    LBGE
    AL
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I was in ALDI on my lunch break, they had their butterball turkeys on sale for $1.07 if anyone is interested. We are doing ham all around for thanksgiving so I skipped the turkey.
    Thanks for the heads up 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    I was in ALDI on my lunch break, they had their butterball turkeys on sale for $1.07 if anyone is interested. We are doing ham all around for thanksgiving so I skipped the turkey.
    That's surprising, they were warning of a fairly large turkey shortage this season (some avian flu).  

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    edited November 2022
    Botch said:
    That's surprising, they were warning of a fairly large turkey shortage this season (some avian flu).  

Ahh yes, I heard about the flu, being into duck hunting, they were worried about the wild duck population. I just read up on the symptoms etc...

Anyhow, they had plenty of turkeys along with turkey breasts and ducks at our local ALDI as of today (who knows, they could have just stocked it this morning).
    LBGE
    AL
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849

Big day for watermelons, with this this and Kherson being liberated.  
    Go watermelons! 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Drinking coffee and watching it snow. 28* this morning. It was 77* on Thursday. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Guarding acorns. 43°, wet and windy. Hopeful, but realistically doubtful 
  • @ezrabrooks

Nice. Vac seal a couple and throw them in the freezer and you’re all set for impromptu Xmas gifts. 
  • @ezrabrooks

Nice. Vac seal a couple and throw them in the freezer and you’re all set for impromptu Xmas gifts. 
    Yeah some of this will be taken as a host gift for x-mas eve. Thinking of smoking some chex mix tomorrow for the same purpose.