Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:
    Hello Darkness, my old friend,
    You've come to me at 5 pm.  
    I know. Quite a shock. Was a record-breaking 73 degrees here today, so it was nice to have the kids playing outside so long after sundown. 
    Met some folks from Toronto in Orlando. They could hardly breathe in the humidity lol
    Don’t take that as a measure of our grit up here in Canada. Torontonians can be rather delicate at times. @Canugghead 😂😉😂
    agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKrdvbTIRw

was that the whole canadian army =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Kinda sad.  Sold another horse this afternoon.  Did very well, but still not used to selling them.  Like selling a family member.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Congratulatory sandwich.  After the sale, I could afford to add Doritos to the sammy!

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Kinda sad.  Sold another horse this afternoon.  Did very well, but still not used to selling them.  Like selling a family member.
    I think my niece is selling her horse and probably the trailer. This economy blows.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    We sweat inside in Louisiana. Humidity is our best friend 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    I need to be careful sweating while ice fishing in 15 below so I would probably die down there. My beard will be iced over before I dig the cold weather gear out of the bag
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I think my niece is selling her horse and probably the trailer. This economy blows.
    Yes it does, feed costs have gone absolutely crazy, and so has every other aspect: vets, ferrier, board, etc.  Tracking my prices, cost per horse, has gone up 70% since 2020.  We are down to four horses now, and will probably bump it to five in a month or so, but I have reduced the number of horses in training at any one time, and moved some to lower cost stalls.  I even leased one out for about 6 months to help defer costs.

The higher value performance horses seem to be holding their prices, but I keep expecting that to change too.

The lower end of the market is getting flooded with horses from people downsizing.  A lot of older horses are showing up.  People are struggling to feed them, and keeping them as lawn ornaments is getting harder and harder.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Finally getting this guy home, many delays but worth the wait, they upgraded the main chamber to a 600 from 5

Wow!!! I think I just fell in love.  That is gorgeous!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    I am no metallurgist or high end Q smoker but I have internet access.  The upgrade to 600D and the construction looks like you have an above ground bomb shelter.  That is one rugged and huge rig.  Congrats as that is definitely sending the "my catering gig" is accelerating.  
    A replacement or an addition to your impressive lineup?.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    There’s good money to be had in global warming.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,771
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am no metallurgist or high end Q smoker but I have internet access.  The upgrade to 600D and the construction looks like you have an above ground bomb shelter.  That is one rugged and huge rig.  Congrats as that is definitely sending the "my catering gig" is accelerating.  
    A replacement or an addition to your impressive lineup?.  
    @lousubcapi it is an addition , my stumps will still do the heavy lifting , this more for community events and cook offs , a for looks” cooker lol
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:
    Hello Darkness, my old friend,
    You've come to me at 5 pm.  
    I know. Quite a shock. Was a record-breaking 73 degrees here today, so it was nice to have the kids playing outside so long after sundown. 
    Met some folks from Toronto in Orlando. They could hardly breathe in the humidity lol
    Don’t take that as a measure of our grit up here in Canada. Torontonians can be rather delicate at times. @Canugghead 😂😉😂
    agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKrdvbTIRw

was that the whole canadian army =)
    I don’t think so. Bob had to stay home due to having busted his ankle while curling. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    Options
    From a custom reverse flow big box store smoker to now a 600 gallon Fat Stack smoker. Congrats!!! 

Well deserved! @lkapigian

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lkapigian

Congrats. Beautiful rig for a great guy. It may be a FatStack, but I bet it’s acquisition has left your stack a whole lot thinner. 😂 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Just finished a physical for disability/life insurance policy for the company. Yay
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Hell yeah!! That's a rig that can run a whole bbq joint!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Update: Mission accomplished - in the true sense. 

Some pretty detailed articles about it online. 

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Finally getting this guy home, many delays but worth the wait, they upgraded the main chamber to a 600 from 5

Thanks @nolaegghead for your help with the firebox badge 

dude
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    You need an Altoshaam if you don't have one @lkapigian You can cook all day, hold all night and serve the best bbq while having your palate cleared of smoke.  Getting sleep is glorious.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • lkapigian
    Options
    You need an Altoshaam if you don't have one @lkapigian You can cook all day, hold all night and serve the best bbq while having your palate cleared of smoke.  Getting sleep is glorious.
    @Thatgrimguy , not an Altoshaam , but snagged this off CL a year or so ago for $80.00 , works like a charm , though my cambros usually are good enough 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    That'll do it!! Biggest upgrade I've made!
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Legume said:
    That'll do it!! Biggest upgrade I've made!
    pssst.  now see if you can get him to buy an $800 saucepan
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2022
    Options

This is 100% my plan for my next cook.  Enjoy the day smoking while avoiding the chaos of getting actual dinner on the table. Save that **** for the next day when your pallet and senses have had chance to reset. On the day of the smoke, use the firebox to cook steaks or something easy. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    SonVolt said:

This is 100% my plan for my next cook.  Enjoy the day smoking while avoiding the chaos of getting actual dinner on the table. Save that **** for the next day when your pallet and senses have had chance to reset. 
    Pull earlier than you normally would. Or pull it when you would and let it rest down to 180 then put it at 150. I've held successfully for 24 hours before serving with great quality!
  • lkapigian
    Options
    SonVolt said:

This is 100% my plan for my next cook.  Enjoy the day smoking while avoiding the chaos of getting actual dinner on the table. Save that **** for the next day when your pallet and senses have had chance to reset. On the day of the smoke, use the firebox to cook steaks or something easy. 
    That’s the beauty of the gravity feed, very low active cook time, load it and forget it 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Washing blankets. The dog stole a new bottle of balsamic salad dressing and chewed the cap off. Thus spilling it on two blankets. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Shot:

Chaser:

Oops.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike