Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Shot:

Chaser:

Oops.
    Playing the long game
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Shot:

Chaser:

Oops.
    Playing the long game
    Looks like he might be playing football a little bit longer.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    All I know is the divorce just got a lot more interesting.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Shot:

Chaser:

Oops.
    Bombed like the Buccaneers this year.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy - they've only bombed because Gisele took half their offense...
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy - they've only bombed because Gisele took half their offense...
    Child custody battles are usually brutal.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    If he saw that on his phone, all he has to do is stomp it to pieces, ergo, it didn't happen.  :rofl:  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I wonder if Tom will get alimony. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    I think we now know what Giselle might have said a few weeks ago just before she filed for divorce: "You put our money where?!?!?!?"
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    it is amazing to me that someone so successful could do something so stupid.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I must be missing details, he didn't invest every dime he had in this right? If not and he loses a hundred million or so (which I doubt is his exposure here) I doubt he would break a sweat. The guy alone is worth like 350million and that's before he retires and gets that monster commentator salary everyone's been talking about. I mean a stupid decision yeah, but again, we're talking about a person who has money that not a single one of us on here will ever fathom of having.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    "Brady still looks good if he loses a couple hundred mil" is not a take I was expecting this morning.  
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2022
    Options
    "Brady still looks good if he loses a couple hundred mil" is not a take I was expecting this morning.  
    You disagree? Again, I doubt we are talking a couple hundred million dollars here. 50million? Maybe? I doubt the guy went all in on crypto. If you were worth $350million and you lost a little
    over 10% of your net worth it would sting but you are still worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Hell your average investor is down like 20% in their 401k YTD. I doubt he's happy about it but he will recoup that loss the second he signs a contract to become a color commentator for the NFL. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    There’s the money loss and then there’s the humiliation that compounds it. 

+he didn’t just invest, he very publicly shilled for them
    +**** football season
    +very public divorce

He’s not having a good year.

And as far as just signing a contract to make millions commentating…to you and me losing a fraction of hundreds of millions sounds like nothing, but it’s relative.  To someone making $30k a year, hearing someone else complain about losing $25k on Shiba sounds like nothing.  Hey, you still have a house and nice cars.
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Sorry to hear of the passing of Jimmy Carter. He was a good and decent man.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,771
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    98 on Saturday 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Not seeing anything on any major news outlets about this?

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    https://www.walb.com/2020/01/23/social-media-post-sparks-rumors-that-president-jimmy-carter-died-hes-still-alive/
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You disagree? Again, I doubt we are talking a couple hundred million dollars here. 50million? Maybe? I doubt the guy went all in on crypto. If you were worth $350million and you lost a little
    over 10% of your net worth it would sting but you are still worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Hell your average investor is down like 20% in their 401k YTD. I doubt he's happy about it but he will recoup that loss the second he signs a contract to become a color commentator for the NFL. 
    I think the original point was just that this was not a great/smart move for him.  Whether or not he’ll survive and still be quite wealthy was never in question.  
  • HeavyG
    edited November 2022
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    https://www.walb.com/2020/01/23/social-media-post-sparks-rumors-that-president-jimmy-carter-died-hes-still-alive/

Yeah, apparently not dead. Saw a post that said the Carter Center had said he died late last night but after I posted that I noticed that nobody on the tv was talking about his passing.
    Well... he is still a good and decent man who is with us for a while longer!!

EDIT:
    Looking deeper into it there was a fake Carter Center account apparently set up by an Italian journalist:

Someone also updated his Wikipedia page to announce his death. I'm sure that too will be corrected shortly.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,771
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

Yeah, apparently not dead. Saw a post that said the Carter Center had said he died late last night but after I posted that I noticed that nobody on the tv was talking about his passing.
    Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity after leaving the White House was amazing and really pushed Habitat forward 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

EDIT:
    Looking deeper into it there was a fake Carter Center account apparently set up by an Italian journalist:

Someone also updated his Wikipedia page to announce his death. I'm sure that too will be corrected shortly.
    I recommend making sure the twitter account you are trusting is certified.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options
    Shot:

Chaser:

Oops.
    The divorce was never about football ...
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I must be missing details, he didn't invest every dime he had in this right? If not and he loses a hundred million or so (which I doubt is his exposure here) I doubt he would break a sweat. The guy alone is worth like 350million and that's before he retires and gets that monster commentator salary everyone's been talking about. I mean a stupid decision yeah, but again, we're talking about a person who has money that not a single one of us on here will ever fathom of having.

I thought he put it all in but I did not dig too far. 20% fluctuation in your 401K does not really compare, historically the stock market will bounce back.  This looks more like a scam and his investment is likely gone.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I still don't like Tom Brady.  I am sure he cost a number of his fans their life savings, schilling for FTX.  If he lost everything, then that is just to bad.  He will make more, but I bet those who trusted him will never recover.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I still don't like Tom Brady.  I am sure he cost a number of his fans their life savings, schilling for FTX.  If he lost everything, then that is just to bad.  He will make more, but I bet those who trusted him will never recover.
    I don’t like him or the Patriots. But he lost his wife, a boat load of money, and his team is playing bad . All in the last couple of months. I think karma has hammered him enough.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    Options
    The Greatest Generation did the real heavy lifting.
    Until recently I believed it was the nature of being an American that gives everyone of us the foundation and heritage to act with the same intensity  and dedication.  It was an American attribute of selfless sacrifice for the greater good not only at home but anywhere in the world that set us apart. Perhaps it can be recaptured.  
    I will stop now in the interest of keeping the third rail out of this thread.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    The Greatest Generation did the real heavy lifting.
    Until recently I believed it was the nature of being an American that gives everyone of us the foundation and heritage to act with the same intensity  and dedication.  It was an American attribute of selfless sacrifice for the greater good not only at home but anywhere in the world that set us apart. Perhaps it can be recaptured.  
    Okay I will stop now in the interest of keeping the third rail out of this thread.
    Succinct summation born from perspective.