Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 731
    Options
    @paqman

https://www.barilla.com/en-gb/passive-cooking

I haven't looked into it too much since I don't have a printer. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,694
    Options
    Elijah said:
    @paqman

https://www.barilla.com/en-gb/passive-cooking

I haven't looked into it too much since I don't have a printer. 
    Thanks for sharing, interesting device!  I may build it just for fun, I already have most of the components in my stash.  I would substitute the Arduino (30$) with an ESP32-S2 (3$) or ESP32-S3 (5-10$).  Where have you heard about this device?

Real life pasta hack: Boil water, add pasta, cover, turn OFF immediately.  Your pasta will be ready in about the same time it would take you the traditional way.

Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Pretty cool, how big of an object can you build with that size printer? 
    Here are the specs for the one I got but there are other models/brands that have smaller/larger build volume.

It is not for the faint of hearts though.  I estimate that the assembly took me 12 hours (they say the average is 10 hours and the fastest was 5 hours).  I didn’t want to mess it up so I took my time double/triple checking everything.  I struggled with 2-3 steps (mostly related to cable management/routing and I have a very good understanding of the electronic components.  I can see how someone with absolutely no background/knowledge could struggle.

There are multiple factors/variables to consider (ambient temperature, relative humidity, extruder temperature, heat bed temperature, print speed, and the list goes on).  All this needs to be adjusted based the material used to print…

@ColtsFan - awesome 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 731
    Options
    @paqman it just came through my news feed. It seems they were saying it was for environmental reasons. I'd guess it's for advertisement. If that's how they choose to advertise I'm good with it. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Brought the kids to a drive in movie. They are wigging out. There is a family of like 5 Broncos next to us.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,866
    Options
    Those were the days my friend-Drive-In movies in their hey-day.  That was several decades ago.  Good for you to give them the experience. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,426
    Options
    Brought the kids to a drive in movie. They are wigging out. There is a family of like 5 Broncos next to us.

There is only one drive in left here. It has like 4 or 5 screens. Haven’t been, it’s in North Las Vegas. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Options
    Just watched the ALCS. Hopefully the brooms come out. 🧹🧹🧹
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,554
    Options
    Ahhhh, you missed the Astro haters…it surfaced in a different thread lol
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,554
    Options

12 hour trip to Baton Rouge and back. 100,000 people in attendance, it was a crazy day
  • Battleborn
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I guess so, people forget the Yankees were just as complicit in everything that was going. Their’s was just covered up. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    Options
    @Battleborn - that argument has been run by everybody or organization that has been found out, especially at the highest levels of government.  Guilty is guilty independent of anyone else.
    MLB should have vacated the Astro's 2017 World Series win but spineless overruled the correct outcome.  Just an opinion but...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018

Great, great memories of the drive-ins from when I was young. They were exceedingly rare, even then. Reminds me that I’d like to take my own little ones if I can find a place that’s still open. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    If it’s any consolation, Yankees fans certainly know it’s possible for a team down 3-0 in the ALCS to make a comeback and win it all…
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We watched “Speak No Evil” with the oldest tonight.  Holy chit that’s easily one of the most disturbing horror movies I’ve ever seen.  Not sure I’ll forget that anytime soon.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    Options
    We watched “Speak No Evil” 
    Is that at the theater?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Battleborn - that argument has been run by everybody or organization that has been found out, especially at the highest levels of government.  Guilty is guilty independent of anyone else.
    MLB should have vacated the Astro's 2017 World Series win but spineless overruled the correct outcome.  Just an opinion but...
    There is a reason it wasn’t vacated Cap, no one was innocent. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,648
    Options
    @ColtsFan. Snap. Enjoy your day John
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    We watched “Speak No Evil” 
    Is that at the theater?
    No - we just rented it through Amazon prime.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    Options
    No - we just rented it through Amazon prime.
    👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,421
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I guess so, people forget the Yankees were just as complicit in everything that was going. Their’s was just covered up. 
    Yankees have always been the villians, and we expect that.

The Astros did not seem like villians, turned out they really were.  That is what makes it so bad.  Plus, their villainy had a direct impact on many other teams, especially the Dodgers.  I don't see my self forgiving the lying cheating scoundrels.  They should have vacated the WS win and barred them from playoffs for 5 years. 
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,429
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

The Astros did not seem like villians, turned out they really were.  That is what makes it so bad.  Plus, their villainy had a direct impact on many other teams, especially the Dodgers.  I don't see my self forgiving the lying cheating scoundrels.  They should have vacated the WS win and barred them from playoffs for 5 years. 

They should make the Giants vacate the 1951 NL pennant and delete all video of Bobby Thompson’s home run for the same reason, right?

Houston got the heaviest penalty baseball could impose, and honestly baseball’s most vocal fans and spokespeople trying to uphold ‘purity’ and complaining about anything that has changed since the late 1950s is a huge reason America’s pastime is becoming a niche sport.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Acn said:
    ColbyLang said:

They should make the Giants vacate the 1951 NL pennant and delete all video of Bobby Thompson’s home run for the same reason, right?

Houston got the heaviest penalty baseball could impose, and honestly baseball’s most vocal fans and spokespeople trying to uphold ‘purity’ and complaining about anything that has changed since the late 1950s is a huge reason America’s pastime is becoming a niche sport.  
    As always, previous bad behavior never excuses current bad behavior. It doesn’t get any worse than what the Astros did. Direct offense on the integrity of the game and fair competition. Also caught red handed. Clearly they made a cost benefit analysis that told them it would be more harmful to their profits to do the right thing, so they did the wrong thing. I would guess any non biased baseball fan will hold them in the highest contempt in perpetuity. Disgusting. 
  • Battleborn
    Options
    Acn said:
    ColbyLang said:

As always, previous bad behavior never excuses current bad behavior. It doesn’t get any worse than what the Astros did. Direct offense on the integrity of the game and fair competition. Also caught red handed. Clearly they made a cost benefit analysis that told them it would be more harmful to their profits to do the right thing, so they did the wrong thing. I would guess any non biased baseball fan will hold them in the highest contempt in perpetuity. Disgusting. 
    That’s why I hate the White Sox. Shoeless Joe and his cronies ruined the game. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    edited October 2022
    Options
    There is sufficient information out there that Shoeless Joe was innocent.  He!! of a lot more than you can find on the Astros.  Just sayin'.  
    BTW- no White Sox fan but not because of the scandal that actually happened in 1919-I wasn't born yet...⚾️
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Acn said:
    ColbyLang said:

That’s why I hate the White Sox. Shoeless Joe and his cronies ruined the game. 
    Agreed. You should also have these feelings towards the Astros.