Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,424
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    While its great that so many food truck operators were able to expand to B-n-M and become successful, I'm afraid I'm sticking to the B-n-Ms; I've gotten food poisoning from, not one, not two, but three different food trucks.  Maybe the Health Inspector laws are more lax here in UT than elsewhere, I don't know.  
    Were they all taco trucks?
    Actually, yes they were.  And I've gotten food poisoning from two B-n-M's, one a mexican place and one a Cajun (all my coworkers got sick there, too).  But, I've eaten at maybe tens-of-thousands of restaurants and lunch counters over the years, and only two is not too bad.  Three out of a few dozen trucks is a lot worse.  
    You’ve got that Air Force, 5 star dining stomach. The Navy built me to be able to eat anything. I ate at a taco truck in downtown Vegas last week. In uniform. A little spit never killed anybody. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    While its great that so many food truck operators were able to expand to B-n-M and become successful, I'm afraid I'm sticking to the B-n-Ms; I've gotten food poisoning from, not one, not two, but three different food trucks.  Maybe the Health Inspector laws are more lax here in UT than elsewhere, I don't know.  
    Actually, yes they were.  And I've gotten food poisoning from two B-n-M's, one a mexican place and one a Cajun (all my coworkers got sick there, too).  But, I've eaten at maybe tens-of-thousands of restaurants and lunch counters over the years, and only two is not too bad.  Three out of a few dozen trucks is a lot worse.  
    Some hot dogs were bad, lettuce takes takes me out. Littles piece and I'm down. Damn near
     Suffocates me now.anything taco scares me
    Were the hot dogs inside of tacos?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,928
    Options
    So , I guess I’m the only one with a 5 year old hot dog in the fridge, I take a bite at the end of the World Series every year since I got it 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,723
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    So , I guess I’m the only one with a 5 year old hot dog in the fridge, I take a bite at the end of the World Series every year since I got it 
    I thought that was only for Dodger WS wins?
    Not a felon
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    Watching 4-2-10 Brisket video. Anyone try this?
    https://youtu.be/gSrcc325H5I

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,928
    Options
    Legume said:
    lkapigian said:
    I thought that was only for Dodger WS wins?
    I take a bite regardless now, not many chances for the Dodgers anymore lol…I believe I skipped last year
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    'Enjoying' a meal out in Tucson. A stopover between Mexico and DFW, it's never fun when you don't research ahead. College kids and their need for stimulation are hard to take.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,967
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    Some hot dogs were bad, lettuce takes takes me out. Littles piece and I'm down. Damn near
    Does good lettuce take.you out?

last time i had a piece of lettuce i went to the fire station and hung out with the paramedics, i could just barely breath. neck swelling went down on its own in about an hour. gets worse everytime.  telling a teenager working a counter that you are allergic to it is pretty useless
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,399
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

last time i had a piece of lettuce i went to the fire station and hung out with the paramedics, i could just barely breath. neck swelling went down on its own in about an hour. gets worse everytime.  telling a teenager working a counter that you are allergic to it is pretty useless
    That is crazy!  Never heard of such a thing.  Sounds like other plant based foods can be a problem too.  I would be interested to see hiw rhe vegan/vegetarian crowd would respond to an allergy that forced them to only eat meat.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27609533/#:~:text=Results: The clinical symptoms of,found in 90% of patients.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

That is crazy!  Never heard of such a thing.  Sounds like other plant based foods can be a problem too.  I would be interested to see hiw rhe vegan/vegetarian crowd would respond to an allergy that forced them to only eat meat.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27609533/#:~:text=Results: The clinical symptoms of,found in 90% of patients.

used to eat tons of salad growing up, things changed in my late twenties and it basically put me on the throne, later on bring a bucket.  last 5 years added anaphylaxis, not very fun. it didnt even start showing up on google until a few years ago. all it takes now is a tiny shred of it
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,857
    Options
    I figured there had to be a good reason I don't eat lettuce, more than just disliking chewing on green leaf and water.  Now I have medicine on my side,  
    Learn something new dang near every day here.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I figured there had to be a good reason I don't eat lettuce, more than just disliking chewing on green leaf and water.  Now I have medicine on my side,  
    Learn something new dang near every day here.  

shredded lettuce in sandwich shops, wraps, tacos etc gets contaminated into all the veggie/cheese bins. hard to completely avoid it. with the free side salad, i always ask for the blue cheese dressing on the side. if you pass on the salad you will never get that side of  bluecheese dressing  ;)
    fukahwee maine

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Best not discuss lettuce’s shelf life, lest we cross the third rail as a result of recent events. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Best not discuss lettuce’s shelf life, lest we cross the third rail as a result of recent events. 
    I know it is at least 44 days, but you have a valid point.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,137
    Options
    Just pulled above chicken.  IT temp of 180-185. 
    Power is out so pardon the flash shocked pic 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Afternoon tea, minus the tea

“Unexpected cheddar” is fine and all, but personally, I’ve always been partial to expected Gouda. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,857
    Options
    Just pulled above chicken.  IT temp of 180-185. 
    Power is out so pardon the flash shocked pic 

Glad you have surfaced with one of your many signature cooks.  You have the pulled chix cook totally dialed in.
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Cap

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Thanks @lousubcap & @Stormbringer  

My daughter is not feeling great so the grandkids got their favorite chicken and Mrs3969 turned out an awesome lasagna for their next several suppers.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • fishlessman
    Options

“Unexpected cheddar” is fine and all, but personally, I’ve always been partial to expected Gouda. 
    I can still find the hard chipped Cabot cheddar found in the old country stores. Cabot cheddar in the supermarket wrapped is no good at all.  Chipped cheddar and a Cortland apple is hard to beat
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

The goat cheese with blueberry is my favorite.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Looking at the new cookbook by Kardea Brown. She even has a spatchcock chicken recipe. I really got it for the seafood and okra recipes though. The book is all Gullah/GeeChee cooking.
  • fishlessman
    Options

The goat cheese with blueberry is my favorite.
    Goat cheese rolled in sweetened cranberry here
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Options
    Two cities in the greater Denver area have now passed laws that all new home building must have xeriscaped front yards and backyards cannot have more than 500 sqft of irrigated lawn.  This is soo overdue, the front range has real water problems and the building isn't going to stop.  Nice to see municipalities step in with solutions since the water headaches fall in their lap.  I have no doubt this will spread to more cities in the area.
    Not a felon
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,528
    edited October 2022
    Options
    For anyone who still needs a great Halloween costume, you need look no further than the “Governor of Tasteville.”

• Legume
    Options
    For anyone who still needs a great Halloween costume, you need look no further than the “Governor of Tasteville.”

That is perfect.
    Not a felon
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Wow. Y'all been busy.

Couple comments. We have food trucks in our campground every weekend in the summer. Nobody has gotten sick that I know of. They are all inspected by our city. I know if they want to serve downtown during an event-their permit for that event will cost $2k.  I don't charge anything for them to come in. I'm thrilled to have an actuvity I don't have to work for.  I'm sure food trucks are a fairly unregulated sector. Some will get certified in an easier to pass health department district.... Those aren't allowed here. 

Food allergies... Like fish....

I have developed a weird allergy. I can't eat raw apples, peaches, almonds, cherries or nectarines as of 10 years ago. My throat closes in and my lips swell up.  Apple pie... No problem... 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI