Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Acn said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Just watched the ALCS. Hopefully the brooms come out. 🧹🧹🧹
    Ahhhh, you missed the Astro haters…it surfaced in a different thread lol
    I guess so, people forget the Yankees were just as complicit in everything that was going. Their’s was just covered up. 
    Yankees have always been the villians, and we expect that.

The Astros did not seem like villians, turned out they really were.  That is what makes it so bad.  Plus, their villainy had a direct impact on many other teams, especially the Dodgers.  I don't see my self forgiving the lying cheating scoundrels.  They should have vacated the WS win and barred them from playoffs for 5 years. 

They should make the Giants vacate the 1951 NL pennant and delete all video of Bobby Thompson’s home run for the same reason, right?

Houston got the heaviest penalty baseball could impose, and honestly baseball’s most vocal fans and spokespeople trying to uphold ‘purity’ and complaining about anything that has changed since the late 1950s is a huge reason America’s pastime is becoming a niche sport.  
    As always, previous bad behavior never excuses current bad behavior. It doesn’t get any worse than what the Astros did. Direct offense on the integrity of the game and fair competition. Also caught red handed. Clearly they made a cost benefit analysis that told them it would be more harmful to their profits to do the right thing, so they did the wrong thing. I would guess any non biased baseball fan will hold them in the highest contempt in perpetuity. Disgusting. 
    That’s why I hate the White Sox. Shoeless Joe and his cronies ruined the game. 
    I think this was meant to be sarcastic, but based on some of the subsequent remarks... I'm not really sure.  

I thought what the Astros did at the time was plenty bad.  But hate them forever?  Come on.  That just seems kind of silly to me.  Players, teams, and organizations change over time.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    Does anybody have a complete list of all the things that have been said to have "ruined the game" over the past 100 years? Gotta be at least a couple dozen things on that list.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,429
    Options
    Acn said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I guess so, people forget the Yankees were just as complicit in everything that was going. Their’s was just covered up. 

The Astros did not seem like villians, turned out they really were.  That is what makes it so bad.  Plus, their villainy had a direct impact on many other teams, especially the Dodgers.  I don't see my self forgiving the lying cheating scoundrels.  They should have vacated the WS win and barred them from playoffs for 5 years. 

They should make the Giants vacate the 1951 NL pennant and delete all video of Bobby Thompson’s home run for the same reason, right?

Houston got the heaviest penalty baseball could impose, and honestly baseball’s most vocal fans and spokespeople trying to uphold ‘purity’ and complaining about anything that has changed since the late 1950s is a huge reason America’s pastime is becoming a niche sport.  
    As always, previous bad behavior never excuses current bad behavior. It doesn’t get any worse than what the Astros did. Direct offense on the integrity of the game and fair competition. Also caught red handed. Clearly they made a cost benefit analysis that told them it would be more harmful to their profits to do the right thing, so they did the wrong thing. I would guess any non biased baseball fan will hold them in the highest contempt in perpetuity. Disgusting. 
    I’m not saying it does, but punishment for similar offenses should be similar, correct?   It’s almost as if the Astros used the Giants as an inspiration - use of visuals from CF, check; transmitted to somebody who could signal a batter, check; final person who makes the final signal to communicate the upcoming pitch, check.  So if the Astros should have vacated their title and be banned fro the playoffs for 5 years, the same punishment should apply, right?  Which now that I think about it would also make their 1954 title go bye-bye.

And don’t think of me as a biased fan…I would call myself an ex-fan, I gave up on seriously following baseball 15-20 years ago; mostly that was marriage and fatherhood and spending more free time and discretionary income on things that all 3 of use enjoy but a not insignificant factor were things like this...extremely similar offenses; one deserves a stronger penalty than MLB could legally impose and eternal condemnation of a franchise...the other hey - it was 70 years ago, gamesmanship, it was super cool when I learned about this when I was 9, etc, etc, etc.  Same goes with players, same with accepting new data that shows more effective ways of doing things.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,399
    Options
    I am just glad to have a villian.  I chose the Astros as my eternal villian.

I am also sad to see Pujos and Molina retire.  They gave us a great few decades.  I don't see anyone replacing them yet.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Acn said:
    ColbyLang said:

That’s why I hate the White Sox. Shoeless Joe and his cronies ruined the game. 
    I think this was meant to be sarcastic, but based on some of the subsequent remarks... I'm not really sure.  

I thought what the Astros did at the time was plenty bad.  But hate them forever?  Come on.  That just seems kind of silly to me.  Players, teams, and organizations change over time.  
    Maybe, but that is certainly not true at the moment. That’s part of what makes sports fun is hating on the other teams. It’s especially gratifying when it is so justly deserved. Idk, give me another 10 years and maybe I’ll get over it. Btw, I have no dog in the fight or predetermined animosity towards the Stro’s. It’s as basic as it gets, rights right and wrongs wrong. 😁
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I am just glad to have a villian.  I chose the Astros as my eternal villian.

I am also sad to see Pujos and Molina retire.  They gave us a great few decades.  I don't see anyone replacing them yet.
    You don’t still cheer for the cardinals after they were caught red handed hacking into other teams computer data systems? Shameful disgrace to a once stellar organization. 😁
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,723
    Options
    I still hate the dodgers, that won’t change.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,857
    Options
    @Coltsfan and @lkapigian way to try and right the ship.  Ribs look great (as always) but it has been a while since the coke and peanuts have been served up here.  Thanks for the impetus to go again with that Atlanta based and Planter's fine quisine.  Off to buy Mexican Coke (the beverage).  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,551
    Options
    🧹. Go Stros!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    🧹. Go Stros!

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,424
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    🧹. Go Stros!

It’ll be cool when they are teammates in Houston next year. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,551
    Options
    The food trailer craze died on the vine here locally. Amazes me how many cities have them and how well they do. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,723
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    The food trailer craze died on the vine here locally. Amazes me how many cities have them and how well they do. 
    I think what’s really cool is how many are able to make the leap to brick and mortar from a successful concept and truck.
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I think what’s really cool is how many are able to make the leap to brick and mortar from a successful concept and truck.
    Two seperate places here eventually parked their trucks on an empty lot and slowly built infrastructure around them.  Both jave expanded into multiple brick &mortar locations now.  Very cool to see.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    We have a bunch and they do quite well.  I’m not that surprised - there are a lot of bars and breweries who don’t want to do their own food, and the trucks make the rounds.  

I wouldn’t want to work in one - I think they’re plenty cramped and it’s probably an hourly ass-whip working in most.  But at least when they run out of food they pack up and roll.   They’re surely easier to manage than a brick and mortar shop.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,648
    Options
    While its great that so many food truck operators were able to expand to B-n-M and become successful, I'm afraid I'm sticking to the B-n-Ms; I've gotten food poisoning from, not one, not two, but three different food trucks.  Maybe the Health Inspector laws are more lax here in UT than elsewhere, I don't know.  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    While its great that so many food truck operators were able to expand to B-n-M and become successful, I'm afraid I'm sticking to the B-n-Ms; I've gotten food poisoning from, not one, not two, but three different food trucks.  Maybe the Health Inspector laws are more lax here in UT than elsewhere, I don't know.  
    Yeesh!   That would be enough to turn me off food trucks!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    Were they all taco trucks?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Botch said:
    As inquired above, was there a standard food item across all and if not then any otherwise common denominator?  
    Out and about after the covid shutdown, food trucks are a great way to enjoy many unique gastronomic experiences.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    All the above while gearing up for the MNF Manning Brothers entertainment game.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,648
    Options
    Botch said:
    Actually, yes they were.  And I've gotten food poisoning from two B-n-M's, one a mexican place and one a Cajun (all my coworkers got sick there, too).  But, I've eaten at maybe tens-of-thousands of restaurants and lunch counters over the years, and only two is not too bad.  Three out of a few dozen trucks is a lot worse.  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    🪳 coach 

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Time for all those who live and die on the Red-Blue split to catch the ESPN2 segment with the Mannings and Barack Obama/
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,967
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    Actually, yes they were.  And I've gotten food poisoning from two B-n-M's, one a mexican place and one a Cajun (all my coworkers got sick there, too).  But, I've eaten at maybe tens-of-thousands of restaurants and lunch counters over the years, and only two is not too bad.  Three out of a few dozen trucks is a lot worse.  
    Some hot dogs were bad, lettuce takes takes me out. Littles piece and I'm down. Damn near
     Suffocates me now.anything taco scares me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    Some hot dogs were bad, lettuce takes takes me out. Littles piece and I'm down. Damn near
     Suffocates me now.anything taco scares me
    Does good lettuce take.you out?