Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Eating sushi and watching The Terminal List on Amazon. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Just getting home from the movie theater with the kids. 4 tickets, concession stand and quick dinner after. Out almost $200. Insane
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,637
    ColbyLang said:
    Just getting home from the movie theater with the kids. 4 tickets, concession stand and quick dinner after. Out almost $200. Insane
    Put them to work! No moochers in the house.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    ColbyLang said:
    My boy works at a theater here. Some of the benefits are 10 free tickets and 50% off at the concession. That’s the only reason I went to see Top Gun in the theater. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,637
    ColbyLang said:
    My boy works at a theater here. Some of the benefits are 10 free tickets and 50% off at the concession. That’s the only reason I went to see Top Gun in the theater. 
    Starting him out right. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    Clearly the popcorn and dinner were the drivers...
    Regardless, Top Gun Maverick is/was worth it.  Talk about a great 2+ hour escape. I don't do many movies these days (or decade) but I am glad I watched that one one the big sound/screen.    
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,167
    ColbyLang said:
    That’s interesting.  We took our kids to see Maverick a few weeks ago and it was nowhere near that expensive.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    ColbyLang said:
    That’s interesting.  We took our kids to see Maverick a few weeks ago and it was nowhere near that expensive.  
    The cost of 4 tickets to Top Gun was $40 for us, then the concession was another $40 And that was going to the early showing before noon and getting candy at the grocery store beforehand. If we would have gone to see it in IMAX the tickets alone would have been probably $70. Movies are ridiculous now. We ate at a place for lunch today and got 4 burgers, 4 drinks, and a French fry to split and it was $60. I mean it was a great burger but a burger meal anywhere shouldn't cost more than about $8 a person. Even Chick-fil-A for 4 people is a $40 meal now.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    I just about got in a argument with the deli when they charged me $9.95 for a pound of sharp cheddar. It was $5.75 a few months ago.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    ColbyLang said:
    How big was your "trenchcoat"?  And how many kids were under it?  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• JohnInCarolina
    edited July 2022
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:
    We go to a fairly new movie place in town.  One of those where all the seats are like lazy-boys and they’ll actually bring food to you.  The tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for kids, so that’s like $60 with tax.

We usually eat our main meal at home beforehand so the kids just get smoothies and snacks, the wife and I might each have a beer.  I want to say all of that came to another $30-$40 at most.  
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited July 2022
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:
    We go to a fairly new movie place in town.  One of those where all the seats are like lazy-boys and they’ll actually bring food to you.  The tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for kids, so that’s like $60 with tax.

We usually eat our main meal at home beforehand so the kids just get smoothies and snacks, the wife and I might each have a beer.  I want to say all of that came to another $30-$40 at most.  
    Living the dream man! Be glad you have a steady income these days, as times are going to get tough in the next 2 1/2 years till the next election.  Things should turn around then, and get back to normal.  Just hang in there.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,060
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:

Living the dream man! Be glad you have a steady income these days, as times are going to get tough in the next 2 1/2 years!
    😂🤦‍♂️😘
    Not a felon
  • Concerts. One of the smaller major concert series in our city. This was before it filled out. No, I was not a VIP. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:

This is my point. So you’re $100 in at the theater. Sit down fast casual restaurant after the movie. No appetizers, 2 kids meals, one entree one salad. 2 beers. Another $80 after tip. Ding ding almost $200 invested. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:

This is my point. So you’re $100 in at the theater. Sit down fast casual restaurant after the movie. No appetizers, 2 kids meals, one entree one salad. 2 beers. Another $80 after tip. Ding ding almost $200 invested. 
    Yeah fair enough, I wasn’t taking into account the cost of a dinner out.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    Concerts. One of the smaller major concert series in our city. This was before it filled out. No, I was not a VIP. 

Looks like a fun venue!  2nd rule of interneting, "here was just before I walked into the VIP area, I don't mix with the plebs"

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    @caliking - What is way to start a day!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,725
    @caliking.. Good grief man 😳
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,809
    to clarify, I did not ingest both RDF’s :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    caliking said:
    to clarify, I did not ingest both RDF’s :)
    Not that there’s anything wrong with that 
  • JohnInCarolina
    caliking said:
    Earlier this morning… RDF’s for brekka at Valentina’s. Then, @20stone recommended bbq colaches for the second course. 

I think I just felt it move…
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    I’m procrastinating 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,632
    I’m procrastinating 
    Is too hot to procrastinate! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    Sitting by the lake

Nice!!  I have only ever sat by a lake, never gotten to be by THE lake.  You are a blessed man.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    THE lake must be in Columbus, OH.