Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,167

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 326
    The true art of doing nothing is making others think you are doing something.  If people know you are doing nothing, they will try to fill it with something.
    That is the true reason for smoking meat, etc.  Have to always keep an eye on temp, cooking and internal, bark, etc.  Honey would you bring me another drink?  I would go get it, but I have to keep an eye on this...
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Honey, I saw you posting on the forum .. what was it about ...

Uhhh nothing mostly, with a little bit of something thrown in at the end there

• Ybabpmuts
    The true art of doing nothing is making others think you are doing something.  If people know you are doing nothing, they will try to fill it with something.
    The true art of doing nothing is doing nothing in a way that makes people do something. That way, as your doing nothing, something is still getting done.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    Ybabpmuts said:
    The true art of doing nothing is doing nothing in a way that makes people do something. That way, as your doing nothing, something is still getting done.
    You are absolutely on to something!  Except it isn't nothing.  That is called teaching.  If you do it well enough you get tenure.  Then you can do nothing and not even pretend to do something.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ybabpmuts
    @Ozzie_Isaac

"You are absolutely on to something!  Except it isn't nothing.  That is called teaching.  If you do it well enough you get tenure.  Then you can do nothing and not even pretend to do something"

Do you think I know nothing about tenure for something? The people that get tenure did something, and not for nothing, but they got something for it, which  .. way in the beginning seemed like nothing, but as they built something from nothing, the nothing became something and it's, this building something from nothing into something that gave them more than nothing.

The fact is, he built all that on nothing and that's tenure, which is saying something.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ybabpmuts said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac

"You are absolutely on to something!  Except it isn't nothing.  That is called teaching.  If you do it well enough you get tenure.  Then you can do nothing and not even pretend to do something"

Do you think I know nothing about tenure for something? The people that get tenure did something, and not for nothing, but they got something for it, which  .. way in the beginning seemed like nothing, but as they built something from nothing, the nothing became something and it's, this building something from nothing into something that gave them more than nothing.

The fact is, he built all that on nothing and that's tenure, which is saying something.
    I was with you until the middle.  In the beginning it didn't seem like nothing, there was nothing.  Out of the nothing came something.  That something became everything, and now we strive to relive that nothing by not doing anything.  All things strive for their lowest energy state.  Therefore to do nothing is really to be everything in the beginning.

• Ybabpmuts
    edited July 2022
    The whole thing about the nothing is it has no boundaries, which means it's hard to even see the beginning or the end. It's the people that see all the endless nothing and act like it's nothing to stop the nothing, in the middle of nothing but nothing, in order to start something, and building it up until it's so much of something that you can't see the end of it for nothing, In between the nothing that you stopped to make something and the end of the something that you made from the nothing that you stopped for the something, there's almost nothing. 

Nothing from nothing leaves nothing
    You gotta have something
    If you wanna pee with me.

Truer words have never been spoken. Nobody wants to be with anybody who has nothing to pee from, or if they're peeing and  it looks like it's coming from nothing at all. Although the nothing from nothing line implies not being able to pee won't even leave a stain, so what's the point really, nothing.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    If nobody learns nothing from this, at least don't eat yellow snow.

• Ybabpmuts
    Eating yellow snow is nothing. There's nothing in yellow snow that will make you catch something, so when they say you can't catch something from nothing, it's all about the yellow snow being something you can catch nothing from.

There are only two choices ..

You can eat nothing, or you can eat yellow snow and end up with nothing 

I'd rather eat the yellow snow and end up nothing, because it'll keep you busy at least

Eat the snow
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,725
    @nolaegghead Carey what is a sheet goods cart?
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    Would be mildly entertaining to me if this thread finally got nuked over… nothing.
  • johnmitchell
    @JohnInCarolina. John I thought you would be commenting on the roof structure and dental situation or lack of at Wimbledon 😏😂
  • Ybabpmuts
    Would be mildly entertaining to me if this thread finally got nuked over… nothing.

That would be nothing to you, because you started all this nothing, by bringing up the fact that nothing is too open ended, to even know when the nothing stops being nothing,  so that someone can stop doing nothing and then start doing something other than nothing. You really are something, are we all just nothing to you, do you think nuking this is going to do nothing to the rest of us? We worked hard on all the nothing, that you started from nothing.  We took your first nothing and made more nothing out of it, we gave your nothing everything we had, until we had nothing left to give, and you said almost nothing that whole time.

After we did all that hard work on nothing, you want them to nuke it all over nothing? Have you learned nothing from all of our nothing, or did we do it all for nothing? You'd actually let them take nothing from us, like it's nothing? Is there nothing we can do to stop them from taking nothing from us? Nothing at all? 

• JohnInCarolina
    Ybabpmuts said:

That would be nothing to you, because you started all this nothing, by bringing up the fact that nothing is too open ended, to even know when the nothing stops being nothing,  so that someone can stop doing nothing and then start doing something other than nothing. You really are something, are we all just nothing to you, do you think nuking this is going to do nothing to the rest of us? We worked hard on all the nothing, that you started from nothing.  We took your first nothing and made more nothing out of it, we gave your nothing everything we had, until we had nothing left to give, and you said almost nothing that whole time.

After we did all that hard work on nothing, you want them to nuke it all over nothing? Have you learned nothing from all of our nothing, or did we do it all for nothing? You'd actually let them take nothing from us, like it's nothing? Is there nothing we can do to stop them from taking nothing from us? Nothing at all? 

This reads like a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Obviously there aren’t any Ben Franklin fans here, but… Macbeth too?  Geez!
  • Ybabpmuts
    The sound and fury is all built on top of nothing. You can't build something on top of nothing, and then say that the something, actually signifies the nothing underneath.

That'd be like building a house with no basement, and then saying that the house itself signifies that theres no basement. The whole thing would crumble under the weight of itself in no time anyway and the fact that it signified anything at all, won't matter after that, and even if it stood for a short period of time, you'd have no basement to store all of  your stuff in anyway. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    At least I am getting nothing of value from these recents posts.  But since I'm here-
    Much Ado About Nothing is a comedy by William Shakespeare thought to have been written in 1598 and 1599. The play was included in the First Folio, published in 1623.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 2022
    lousubcap said:
    At least I am getting nothing of value from these recents posts.  But since I'm here-
    Much Ado About Nothing is a comedy by William Shakespeare thought to have been written in 1598 and 1599. The play was included in the First Folio, published in 1623.
    There is also a movie rendition from 1993 starring, my personal favorite Shakespearian actor/director, Kenneth Branagh.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    Chasing a whistle pig out of the garage… 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ybabpmuts
    Yikes, that's something right there.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    The R's need to grow spines and take more responsibility for challenging the status quo on gun control.
    The latest today in Highland Park, IL
    https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/illinois-shooting-july-fourth-parade-07-04-22/index.html  
    Tough to read but you know how it's gonna play...That is the disturbing part.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    The R's need to grow spines and take more responsibility for challenging the status quo on gun control.
    https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/illinois-shooting-july-fourth-parade-07-04-22/index.html  
    Since Highland Park and all of Illinois a D state, why doesn't the city/state take action? 
  • johnmitchell
    @WeberWho great post and plate Happy 4th
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 395
    lousubcap said:
    Since Highland Park and all of Illinois a D state, why doesn't the city/state take action? 
    Since anything I say here will likely be used against me by the overlords one day, I'm just going to say "Blessed be the fruit" and "Under His eye"
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    Before this thread goes sideways I'll try my best to keep it upright for the meantime. 

I'm no Dukes virgin anymore as I found this mayo mixture below. Not their regular mayo but I figured I'd give this a try with leftover turkey sandwich this afternoon. Not too bad. I'd give it another go. 

Happy 4th everyone!!!
    Beautiful!!  Mayo looks interesting too.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Sitting on a bus
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Sitting on a bus
    Trying to take my shoes off,
    But my laces are all knots and you
    Looking for an answer to an old question

• Ybabpmuts
    edited July 2022
    WeberWho said:
    Before this thread goes sideways I'll try my best to keep it upright for the meantime. 

I'm no Dukes virgin anymore as I found this mayo mixture below. Not their regular mayo but I figured I'd give this a try with leftover turkey sandwich this afternoon. Not too bad. I'd give it another go. 

Happy 4th everyone!!!
    Beautiful!!  Mayo looks interesting too.
    Wow, your chicken slippers look like they could use a good scrubbing. I wouldn't put my feet anywhere near those things. This is what happens when you search online for warm chicken slippers and don't realize you crossed departments over into the meat section. Any advanced search,  like "meatless warm chicken slippers" would have gotten you the right ones, but since you didn't know you were in the meat section, you had zero chance of coming up with that on your own, zero. Also, since you were in the meat department, it wouldn't know to ask you whether these were for your feet or not. 

BTW, I'm pretty sure that I see a sexy bunny, to the right of the Mandarin orange in that salad. It's bounding away from the orange, looking all sexy and whatnot. The orange looks like it could care less. You must have wandered online from the wig department over into the salad department, when you then searched for sexy hare.

I can teach you the internet and searching if you want. I'm an expert obviously. I see things other people don't. It's a gift.