Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    We just saw how SCOTUS addressed state gun laws in New York.  The horizon for state action looks dark and I will stop now.  
    @WeberWho - Great eats.  Sure wish I could get my hands on that juiced up mayo.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    lousubcap said:
    Thanks. I wasn't looking for it but more or less bumped into it. I picked it up at Walmart as we were out of town and needed some last minute stuff when on the road. I would have grabbed their regular mayo but I didn't want it sitting in a vehicle all weekend long. I'm not sure if I've ever seen Dukes mayo at our local Walmart. I usually don't do my grocery shopping at Walmart but I will swing in ours to see if it's available as I've never seen Dukes anywhere else. Their website shows they have a few different varieties of mayo. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    All I get here is the regular version.  Thanks-
    Looks like a very enjoyable road trip.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    WeberWho said:
    lousubcap said:
    Thanks. I wasn't looking for it but more or less bumped into it. I picked it up at Walmart as we were out of town and needed some last minute stuff when on the road. I would have grabbed their regular mayo but I didn't want it sitting in a vehicle all weekend long. I'm not sure if I've ever seen Dukes mayo at our local Walmart. I usually don't do my grocery shopping at Walmart but I will swing in ours to see if it's available as I've never seen Dukes anywhere else. Their website shows they have a few different varieties of mayo. 

My Kroger carriers the regular Dukes. If they don’t have it on the shelf at your local Kroger store I’m sure they can order. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Drinking wine and enjoying the experience of watching my daughter teach my mother basic things about her iPhone and iPad 

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354

Nice. love me some Blues Traveler. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    Watching this clip of yesterday's Formula 1 race in Silverstone for the umpteenth time.  It is posted in the Silverstone thread but thought I would post it here as the viewership is higher and the skills demonstrated in the clip are incredible.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM6ren2tPU8  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    WeberWho said:
    I picked it up at Walmart as we were out of town and needed some last minute stuff when on the road. I'm not sure if I've ever seen Dukes mayo at our local Walmart. I usually don't do my grocery shopping at Walmart but I will swing in ours to see if it's available as I've never seen Dukes anywhere else.
    I wasn't able to find Duke's anywhere around here either (although I haven't been in a walmart since I retired from the Reserves ten years ago).  
    But then I did, at the Hill AFB Commissary.  They stock "international groceries", based on international military spouses (German/Japanese/Korean/etc) and the fact that the military community is national in scope anyway (hence, southern "Dukes"). So glad I still have access to that.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• WeberWho said:

Interesting...never seen those before. Will have to keep an eye out
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 847
    Fireworks going off everywhere in our neighborhood right now.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2022
    Serious question, what is the risk of an explosion in this scenario. Some genius in my neighborhood decided he is going to shoot off full size fireworks directly over 6-8 large pieces of construction equipment that are filled with diesel fuel sitting in a drought ridden grass field directly behind peoples homes?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,167
    Serious question, what is the risk of an explosion in this scenario. Some genius in my neighborhood decided he is going to shoot off full size fireworks directly over 6-8 large pieces of construction equipment that are filled with diesel fuel sitting in a drought ridden grass field directly behind peoples homes?
    My only comment here is that the energy density of diesel fuel is very high.  Don’t believe me?  Try pushing an 18 wheeler around the highway sometime.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    I don’t know. Maybe 7. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    Not entirely on-topic, but Common Sense is as scarce during fireworks season as it was during the COVID outbreak.  
    We've had 3-4 years of extreme drought here now, the water authority delayed sending out irrigation water by a month, and of course my own municipality had "pipe troubles" (like they did last year) so add another month.  My lawn is still half-dead, and the field right behind me is 100% dry.  I live in a no-fireworks zone, but it starts right across the street.  Hoses are hooked up; gonna be a long night.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    @TEXASBGE2018 consider your green grass a firebreak.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    I live in the desert.  Every single year they light A-Mountain on fire.  Then act surprised.  30 years I have seen this play out.  Every year, OMG the mountain is on fire!  We never saw this coming!!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Ive lived a sheltered life, but that’s the coolest concert venue I’ve been to by far
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    have never actually seen diesel fuel actually ignite, you can weld on a diesel tank 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    have never actually seen diesel fuel actually ignite, you can weld on a diesel tank 
    @fishlessman is not actually saying it’s ok at weld on diesel tanks.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    Just make sure the tank is completely full of diesel fuel.   B)
  • fishlessman

actually have seen it done.  They fill the tank and go right at it.  Makes a mess.  Fills the area with smoke.                                                        Here you bring in an empty tank and we run a steamer through it for hours but have seen those that take shortcuts and survive. it does not ignite like a gas tank and yes....ive seen that done too......boooooom.   you can walk into a building with 200 people working and easily pick out the one welder guy on the floor

fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,060
    I think that goes for most of his life experiences.  Don’t try this at home.
    Not a felon
  • alaskanassasin
    I watched my buddy find a gas line leak on his 1,000 gallon propane tank with a bic lighter.  But I am not going to jump on the net and tell people they can find propane leaks with lighters... 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Legume said:
    I think that goes for most of his life experiences.  Don’t try this at home.

dont worry, got fined once by osha during an inspection for not having a fire safety program. called the fire station and they sent over the preschool guy. he played these videos and signed us all off for meeting the requirements.  you wouldnt think you could get away with that but.......take a class

fukahwee maine

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    I worked at a place where the CEO had the firemen come in and teach us about fire extinguishers. At the end of the mostly hands off demo, , the CEO asked if we could go out back and "start some big sh!t on fire and then put it out with the extinguishers". This was a professional place, I was traveling the world for them, installing multi million dollar production lines and this moron wants to "start some **** on fire" out back? The fireman just chuckled and didn't answer him
     The CEO didn't last ....

SB