Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,725
    I am guessing near “Duram”
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,167
    lousubcap said:
    THE lake must be in Columbus, OH.  
    Sitting by the lake

Nice!!  I have only ever sat by a lake, never gotten to be by THE lake.  You are a blessed man.
    You two are hilarious.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • BuckeyeFork
    BuckeyeFork Posts: 191
    John, deep down I knew you had Ohio envy.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Sitting by the lake

Nice!!  I have only ever sat by a lake, never gotten to be by THE lake.  You are a blessed man.

I sat WITH a lake. It's better than being THE lake, because if you were the lake, you'll be  having to put up with the indignity of people sitting next to you, and posting pictures of just you, and only implying they were sitting by you. When people sit by me, I insist any pictures they post of them sitting by me, also includes a picture of them too John, I'm hoping you're that rock in the lower left hand corner and if so, I take this back. Also, I understand why you didn't sit in the lake, you would have sunk for sure.

• Ybabpmuts
    On closer inspection, that's a raft, which makes you a floater.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Just realized that the trouble with doing nothing is not knowing when you’re finished.
  • Ybabpmuts
    The trouble with starting something after doing nothing for so long, is not knowing when the nothing is done, to start the something. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    edited July 2022
    The problem with putting effort into doing nothing is that in fact you are doing something. 

Kind of like choosing not to decide is still making a choice. 

• Snagged a pic of this window / store front art with its psychedelic charm. 

• Ybabpmuts
    I agree, the minute you put effort into doing nothing, you're doing something, so the right way to do nothing, is to put no effort into it at all, then nobody can tell if you've done anything to do the nothing.

It's sneaky I know. 
  • theyolksonyou
    It’s a deceptively difficult task to do nothing correctly 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    @ColbyLang I know you are in LA ( the state) but 30 hours will get you well into any bordering country.  Setting looks great.  Enjoy the brisket and especially July 4th.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ybabpmuts
    There's nothing deceptively difficult about doing nothing if you're honest about it. If anybody asks you what you do for a living, just say nothing and if it's true it's not deceptive or difficult. What would be deceptive is .. if they ask you what you do for a living and you say "lots" .. uum .. wait. .. umm ... nothing .. I meant nothing" 

That would be deceptive.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    The true art of doing nothing is making others think you are doing something.  If people know you are doing nothing, they will try to fill it with something.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• theyolksonyou
    I try to do nothing as often as I can, but often find I’m doing something just to fill the time.  
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    lousubcap said:
    @ColbyLang I know you are in LA ( the state) but 30 hours will get you well into any bordering country.  Setting looks great.  Enjoy the brisket and especially July 4th.  
    Sorry, Frank….should have specified…..30 hours at this destination. Lake house we’ve had for 29 years. Exactly 45 minutes driveway to driveway 
  • JohnInCarolina
    The true art of doing nothing is making others think you are doing something.  If people know you are doing nothing, they will try to fill it with something.
    I try to do nothing as often as I can, but often find I’m doing something just to fill the time.  
    Ybabpmuts said:
    There's nothing deceptively difficult about doing nothing if you're honest about it. If anybody asks you what you do for a living, just say nothing and if it's true it's not deceptive or difficult. What would be deceptive is .. if they ask you what you do for a living and you say "lots" .. uum .. wait. .. umm ... nothing .. I meant nothing" 

That would be deceptive.

OK guys I know I started this but maybe… give it a rest?  🤪
  • theyolksonyou
    So, do nothing?
  • JohnInCarolina
    So, do nothing?
    Yes.  In particular, less than you’re doing right now.  In fact, continuing to post about this is doing too much.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Sorry to have offended your delicate sensibilities with my nothingness. Over and out. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    Setting up for the annual fireworks spectacle. Around 8k shots this year 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    Politely disagree 100%.  If you are doing something, or even getting others to think you are doing something, THEN you get filled with more something.  
    "Want something done?  Give it to a busy person."  

At least, that's what I read on a bathroom wall.  
    I'll give it a rest, mebbe tomorrow.  Or not.   :p 

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    Politely disagree 100%.  If you are doing something, or even getting others to think you are doing something, THEN you get filled with more something.  
    "Want something done?  Give it to a busy person."  

At least, that's what I read on a bathroom wall.  
    I'll give it a rest, mebbe tomorrow.  Or not.   :p 
    JIC hurt my feelings.  I am going to quit the whole forum!!  I thought I had skills, now I realize I don't.

• Ybabpmuts
    edited July 2022
    The true art of doing nothing .. is to fill up your nothing with twice as much nothing and act like it's nothing.  That way .. if you look like you've done nothing, the people that are looking for you to be doing nothing, will see you doing nothing and won't see the nothing behind the nothing, and report nothing to the people that know nothing.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Making a sheet goods cart
    @nolaegghead sucks at doing nothing.

• JohnInCarolina
    Indeed.  He wouldn’t last a week in a corporate environment!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Indeed.  He wouldn’t last a week in a corporate environment!
    Especially not somewhere you need to dress for success.  He would have to focus on a place interested in skills or something.

• Ybabpmuts

He's doing something while we're all talking about doing nothing. Of course,  if my talking about doing nothing .. lead to him doing something, than did I do nothing or did my doing nothing lead to him doing something, which lead to my doing nothing being something?