Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian said:
    Name tat grinder … my son bought this at an antique store, keep telling him it’s not for meat, but no idea what it’s for 

I feel like maybe only @nolaegghead can crack this one. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Definitely a mill. Could likely be used for many types of grains/seeds/legumes/etc.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,166
    HeavyG said:
    Definitely a mill. Could likely be used for many types of grains/seeds/legumes/etc.
    Can we get a ruling on the field here, @Legume ?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Legume said:
    Definitely a torture device dripping with the blood of my ancestors.

Sorry but your kin shouldn't be so tasty.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    lkapigian said:
    Name tat grinder … my son bought this at an antique store, keep telling him it’s not for meat, but no idea what it’s for 

Manual Poppy Seed Grinder, can use it for all manner of spices.  Meat is not a spice.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    It's obviously  just a peanut grinder. We just need a monkey 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Or maybe it removes seeds from buds. Maybe easier from a foldable Beatles album cover
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    lkapigian said:

Manual Poppy Seed Grinder, can use it for all manner of spices.  Meat is not a spice.
    Says the guy who’s never seasoned a brisket with a pork butt…
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    The problem with putting effort into doing nothing is that in fact you are doing something. 

Kind of like choosing not to decide is still making a choice. 

I can do nothin with the best of them. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735

Really wish I had taken a picture of the sandwich cause it was so good!! North of Boston.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • fishlessman

Really wish I had taken a picture of the sandwich cause it was so good!! North of Boston.
    Where is nicks. We have crazy good roast beef up here. I'm a BBQ sauce mayo fan on an onion roll. Complete mess
    fukahwee maine

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    edited July 2022

They're good. Rusty Can BBQ in Byfield makes a hell of a roast beef sandwich too. There's also a place in Newburyport (my town) called the modern butcher. They make one specialty sandwich a day (rotates)  and they post pictures of it each morning around 11:00..They sell out by early afternoon. If you go to their insta page you can see pictures of some of their sandwiches. They're huge, crazy flavor combinations, almost too flavorful in some cases. They have roast beef sandwiches on Saturday and they'll be a line of people down the street and around the corner to get one. Their insta is well worth perusing.
  • Ybabpmuts
    edited July 2022
    https://www.instagram.com/themodernbutchershop/?hl=en

If you click on a sandwich photo, there'll be a description of the sandwich below the picture.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    I remember a college friend from several decades ago (okay, half century...) from the Boston area and every time I was in Boston (not that often) he reminded me "Always get the roast beef with mayonnaise, chopped onions, salt and pepper."  
    Yes it is good.  To this day on the rare occasion I am in a sandwich shop and it has thin sliced roast beef  (a staple) that is the order.  Always a winner!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ybabpmuts
    edited July 2022

Where is nicks. We have crazy good roast beef up here. I'm a BBQ sauce mayo fan on an onion roll. Complete mess
    Beverly Ma, on rte 1a if I remember right.
  • fishlessman
    Ybabpmuts said:

Blue house for me. Small onion roll. Three inches hot roasted beef.rare. bbq sauce.mayo. Salem NH. Really hard to beat.  Hot Prime rib sliced thin.  Everything else sucks.  Never thought that we had a great roast beef area but there really is many but......
    fukahwee maine

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts said:

Blue house for me. Small onion roll. Three inches hot roasted beef.rare. bbq sauce.mayo. Salem NH. Really hard to beat.  Hot Prime rib sliced thin.  Everything else sucks.  Never thought that we had a great roast beef area but there really is many but......
    I think it's a north shore thing, this specific style of thinly sliced warm roast beef, piled high on a (mostly, onion I think?) roll, with that specific type of sauce. Most places you can order it three ways, which is with the sauce,. mayo, and cheese. The problem with a three way, is you get so much goop on the buns, it's hard to know where to put your mouth

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    edited July 2022
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Ybabpmuts said:

I think it's a north shore thing, this specific style of thinly sliced warm roast beef, piled high on a (mostly, onion I think?) roll, with that specific type of sauce. Most places you can order it three ways, which is with the sauce,. mayo, and cheese. The problem with a three way, is you get so much goop on the buns, it's hard to know where to put your mouth

This was a three way on an onion bun, but they had the ratios right so it was messy but no pools of sauce left over.

and the sauce was so good I bought 2 bottles. Real unique tangy (maybe mustard bbq)sauce 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ybabpmuts
    It's always good when you're three way was just right, and nobody leaves sauce behind.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Nothing…

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,809
    A buddy took me to King's in Salem, MA some years ago. Best roast beef sammich I've ever had. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ybabpmuts
    See, it's a north shore thing. I don't know any kings in Salem but I know a couple of queens that live there, and they've been known to go down to the corner and ask people if they want a three way. It was hard to tell what they were selling really, because neither of them had a roast beef sandwich in their hands.

• JohnInCarolina
    Ybabpmuts said:
    https://www.instagram.com/themodernbutchershop/?hl=en

If you click on a sandwich photo, there'll be a description of the sandwich below the picture.
    those sandwiches look incredible