Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Thanks Cali. I am stuck in the mobile quote box…but… I was thinking of something more outlandish and elaborate like …

A hair stylist that was obviously a Russian plant after your closest held secrets.  You outed her one day by asking her to level your sideburns — but you said “sideburns” in Russian. She went to level them with the little trimmer and soon realized the gig was up. She then slowly pulled the shears out of the herbicide and added that she missed a spot behind your ears.  As soon as her hand pivoted them as a weapon you spun around in the chair and threw your bib over her head and  took control of the hairy situation.  Everyone else in the salon was aghast as you repeated “who do you work for!!!”   As she said she would never tell, the door to the back room opened up with a slam and a big tall guy said “ME!”  It was Botch. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    caliking said:
    I am looking forward to my daughter going to college.  It will be cheaper than horses.  Just bought tickets to fly to Idaho to look at another horse.  Not enough PTO to take a week off and enjoy the drive.  Fly up Saturday, fly home Sunday.
    Do you have to buy one seat, or two, for the horse to fly back to AZ?
    They usually don't fit into the overhead bin, although I've seen them try.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,809
    Thanks Cali. I am stuck in the mobile quote box…but… I was thinking of something more outlandish and elaborate like …

A hair stylist that was obviously a Russian plant after your closest held secrets.  You outed her one day by asking her to level your sideburns — but you said “sideburns” in Russian. She went to level them with the little trimmer and soon realized the gig was up. She then slowly pulled the shears out of the herbicide and added that she missed a spot behind your ears.  As soon as her hand pivoted them as a weapon you spun around in the chair and threw your bib over her head and  took control of the hairy situation.  Everyone else in the salon was aghast as you repeated “who do you work for!!!”   As she said she would never tell, the door to the back room opened up with a slam and a big tall guy said “ME!”  It was Botch. 
    You may have missed your true calling as a spy thriller writer 😅. I’m still chuckling over here. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    I am looking forward to my daughter going to college.  It will be cheaper than horses.  Just bought tickets to fly to Idaho to look at another horse.  Not enough PTO to take a week off and enjoy the drive.  Fly up Saturday, fly home Sunday.
    Where about? I’m from southern Idaho. 
    Boise this time.  Will be my first time there.

caliking said:
    Do you have to buy one seat, or two, for the horse to fly back to AZ?

Don't even need a seat.  Slap on a "emotional support animal" vest and off we go.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    Acn said:
    This thread is giving me a serious case of lobster envy. 
    You an me both!  I cannot even imagine a place that serves lobster on a paper plate, on a wooden picnic table, along side the road.  I am pretty sure that is what Heaven is like.
    Those are the best places.  My lobster photo was where the Passagassawakeag River runs into the bay.  No inside seating, only like 7 things on the menu.  Clams were the side dish.
    Did you spell that off the top of your head 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    lkapigian said:
    Acn said:
    This thread is giving me a serious case of lobster envy. 
    You an me both!  I cannot even imagine a place that serves lobster on a paper plate, on a wooden picnic table, along side the road.  I am pretty sure that is what Heaven is like.
    Those are the best places.  My lobster photo was where the Passagassawakeag River runs into the bay.  No inside seating, only like 7 things on the menu.  Clams were the side dish.
    Did you spell that off the top of your head 
    Of course, it’s spelled just like it is pronounced.   :smile:

Also, it’s about 30 minutes from where I grew up.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Was that in his bellybutton? 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    LetsEat said:
    Beginning of many hours of grooming. He’s finally blowing his winter coat.
    Newf? That's a lot of fur.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    You can knit a Cocker Spaniel out of that wool.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    WeberWho said:
    Don't let us down Ozzie_Isaac. This is every 80's/90's kids dream after playing Oregon Trail on the PC. I vote covered wagon to get home. 

And risk dying of dysentery?!?!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    HeavyG said:
    WeberWho said:
    Don't let us down Ozzie_Isaac. This is every 80's/90's kids dream after playing Oregon Trail on the PC. I vote covered wagon to get home. 

And risk dying of dysentery?!?!
    Good point. Maybe grab a Thermapen for the bison, deer, rabbits, and squirrels. It might be safer than any McDonald's. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,166
    Starting the last episode of Stranger Things Season 4. SWMBO didn't want to watch it at first now she's obsessed and we've binged it the last 2 weeks
    Ha!  Just finished watching with my oldest.  Season 5 is set to come out in … 2024!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    CTMike said:
    Spent the day installing the electrical upgrades in the 5th wheel. Next comes mounting the 2,000 watts of solar to the roof and wiring everything up.

On the right hand side of the first photo is my water manifold. I plan to make a hinged plexiglass enclosure with a drain out the bottom. I would hate for a leak to short out all of this equipment. 

Currently relaxing with a couple fingers of Four Roses Small Batch Select. Headed up to Boston in the morning to pick up the kid as we are hiking Mt Monadnock tomorrow.
    I love how you decorated your place with all of those various shaped blue boxes. I'm currently relaxing with a couple fingers of my right hand. Good luck with Monadnock, I climbed that when I was maybe 15. In 1999, I moved my family from Attleboro Ma to Peterborough NH. I owned a big stucco Victorian, up the hill from the center of town, and off of the front screened in porch, we had a clear view of the mountain. Our view was great but the outhouse stunk like sh!t. 

Ok we didn't have an outhouse, but sometimes I would sit and stare at the mountain and think of how much more the view would stink if I had an outhouse close by 🙂

That'll take you a solid day, but what a climb! I can't do that stuff no more, but I can meet you and your kids at the bottom with seventeen year old maps, a canteen, and one of those things you use to fight off bobcats.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,815

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    CTMike said:
    Spent the day installing the electrical upgrades in the 5th wheel. Next comes mounting the 2,000 watts of solar to the roof and wiring everything up.

On the right hand side of the first photo is my water manifold. I plan to make a hinged plexiglass enclosure with a drain out the bottom. I would hate for a leak to short out all of this equipment. 

Currently relaxing with a couple fingers of Four Roses Small Batch Select. Headed up to Boston in the morning to pick up the kid as we are hiking Mt Monadnock tomorrow.
    Are you mainly boondocking?  I may have missed it,  but what are you doing for a battery bank?  Battleborn?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    kl8ton said:
    CTMike said:

Are you mainly boondocking?  I may have missed it,  but what are you doing for a battery bank?  Battleborn?
    I was wondering the same.  If I needed batteries for something like that, I would use LFP batteries.
    Settling in for the mens Wimbledon final 💥💥🔥
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    That is awesome on several different levels @CTMike
    South of Columbus, Ohio.