Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,725
    WeberWho said:
    Whale watching from the back deck. 
    You're still at Walmart?
    😂😂😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Having a three way ... ummmm sandwich, smoked rare roast beef piled high with sauce, mayo and cheese. Sitting at the bar at the Rusty Can BBQ in Byfield Ma

https://www.rustycanbyfield.com/

My first three way in the can.

SB

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,837
    edited July 2022
    Just showing the lawn some love and I’m now onto a clean burn….

Interestingly, if anyone was curious, these Eggs of differing sizes are tracking VERY closely on temps following the same protocol. 

Gauges tracking perfectly. 

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,949
    @Thatgrimguy - glad you got to take your family there. Back in the 60's you actually got to go into the working factory for a tour to see the processes. Plus  we got Hershey kisses at the end of the tour.

Did you also take in the park? I know it has changed since I was there. I was actually born in Hershey and lived on Dairy Road for a while. The street lights with Hershey Kiss covers always amused me. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Also, they track nearly uniformly for cooldown. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 459

So, should we concerned that he hasn’t flossed?
    IL 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,166

Is it ok to do that when it’s not a gift?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    edited July 2022
    SamIAm2 said:
    @Thatgrimguy - glad you got to take your family there. Back in the 60's you actually got to go into the working factory for a tour to see the processes. Plus  we got Hershey kisses at the end of the tour.

Did you also take in the park? I know it has changed since I was there. I was actually born in Hershey and lived on Dairy Road for a while. The street lights with Hershey Kiss covers always amused me. 
    We just got here from Portland, Maine today. We did the city tour on a trolley and all the stuff they had in the chocolate store which included a “factory tour” but it’s just for show.  They did give us lots of super fresh chocolate along the way.

Tomorrow and the next day we are going to the park / water park. It’s a really cool and beautiful town.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,949
    @Thatgrimguy - There is a lot to do in that little town. If you get a chance go to the Hershey Hotel for lunch or dinner, and Hershey Gardens if you enjoy roses. There is also the Spring Creek golf course if you want to get in 9 holes. Built in 1932 and always open to the public. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    WeberWho said:
    Whale watching from the back deck. 
    You're still at Walmart?
    Might as a well have been. The salad section was about 8 feet long and the clientele looked like the space was too large. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059

Guess I'm just sick, but I was looking for this guy:

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    SamIAm2 said:

We just got here from Portland, Maine today. We did the city tour on a trolley and all the stuff they had in the chocolate store which included a “factory tour” but it’s just for show.  They did give us lots of super fresh chocolate along the way.

Tomorrow and the next day we are going to the park / water park. It’s a really cool and beautiful town.
    Tell us what you did in Portland Me, other than shnorking lobster rolls down at the docks. Seriously, it has become such a foodie "town"  Did you go to any of the restaurants downtown, other than lobster places? We go up to Portland quite a bit for concerts, and to feed our faces before concerts. Honestly, if they had tickets just to feed our faces, we would skip the concerts all together, but they don't, so we suffer with a great meal that we bought with no ticket 
     ..  for a good concert that we bought with tickets. You make a sacrifice every now and then ..
  • Ozzie_Isaac

Is it ok to do that when it’s not a gift?
    Lol, yes.  Only avoid when it is a gift.

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700

If the family gets thirsty:

www.troegs.com

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,757
    I think that’s how you know you’ve gotten old, when a new dishwasher gets you fired up.
    How good of a job is it doing drying the dishes?  We had a super silent LG that, we did not realize until we replaced it, sucked at drying up the dishes.  It was 10 years old when it died in the middle of the pandemic with no replacement parts available and almost no stock on any decent models.  We ended up replacing it with a Bosch which we read are great for washing but also suck at drying dishes.  I ordered one of the only models readily available from Costco without doing much research after visiting a few appliance stores that were all out of stock and had months of wait time.  To my surprise, dishes are coming out bone dry thanks to a feature called Crystal Dry which is based on circulating humid air through minerals that results in an exothermic reaction.  I did not realize how much time I was wasting every morning drying up dishes while emptying the LG… Even plastics come out dry with the Bosch.

paqman said:
    I think that’s how you know you’ve gotten old, when a new dishwasher gets you fired up.
    How good of a job is it doing drying the dishes?  We had a super silent LG that, we did not realize until we replaced it, sucked at drying up the dishes.  It was 10 years old when it died in the middle of the pandemic with no replacement parts available and almost no stock on any decent models.  We ended up replacing it with a Bosch which we read are great for washing but also suck at drying dishes.  I ordered one of the only models readily available from Costco without doing much research after visiting a few appliance stores that were all out of stock and had months of wait time.  To my surprise, dishes are coming out bone dry thanks to a feature called Crystal Dry which is based on circulating humid air through minerals that results in an exothermic reaction.  I did not realize how much time I was wasting every morning drying up dishes while emptying the LG… Even plastics come out dry with the Bosch.
    Super clean and dry as far as I can tell.  It has this neat feature where it actually opens the door on its own when the wash/dry cycle has completed.  Apparently that helps dry the dishes out, but it also provides you with a clear visual indication that the dishes are done.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233

well fire it up....cook a chicken

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Contemplating changing clothes. Soaked to the bone. Running ovens since 5:30 AM. Bout 3 hours left on my shift covering. Hot ain’t the word 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    Our 10 year old screw drive garage door opener bit the bullet. I was really hoping to get more years out of it but that's all she wrote. I found some time yesterday to install the new opener and run all the wiring. I'm right there with you about being fired up. I'll take "old" all day if that means I don't need to manually open up a garage everytime I need to get in/out.  

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 2022
    WeberWho said:
    ...... I'll take "old" all day if that means I don't need to manually open up a garage everytime I need to get in/out.  

I would take eternal youth if all it meant was I needed to open every garage door I encounter manually.