Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    edited January 2022
    lkapigian said:
    Quick trip to the Bay Area, 

I like your style. One day soon, you’ll have to post a shot of your vehicle of choice on the Exotics thread. 
    Lol It’s my beat up work truck with sheet metal screeds holding up the headliner , screaming power stearing pump and crank up windows 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Appreciating this photo from the bigreeenegg subreddit:

Is it dangerous to have your egg directly under and surrounded by foilage? I would be worried I would start a fire.

Hmmm. I didn't even see the egg until you pointed it out.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    edited January 2022
    Legume said:
    Doing anything for shade?

A giant, hand hammered copper hood that covers the whole area for shade and has a big ass fan to extract smoke would be the least you would want to do there.
    Nothing for shade at the moment aside from large umbrellas.  I wanted to do shades like we do in the horse corrals, but aesthetically, not sure it works.  A lot of people do the stretched fabric sun sails around here, but I don't know.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Baking a loaf of sandwich bread and 2 orange-cranberry-nut bread.
  • Legume said:
    Doing anything for shade?

A giant, hand hammered copper hood that covers the whole area for shade and has a big ass fan to extract smoke would be the least you would want to do there.
    Nothing for shade at the moment aside from large umbrellas.  I wanted to do shades like we do in the horse corrals, but aesthetically, not sure it works.  A lot of people do the stretched fabric sun sails around here, but I don't know.
    Which side of the house is your build facing? Around here we build with windows facing south but probably different where you are.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    @Foghorn and that will be rectified when?  Looks like a great cook-off.  
    I'm sure you will engage in some enlightening conversations throughout the day.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Foghorn said:
    Hanging out at the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo BBQ Cookoff.  

Saw a cooker I don’t have.  

Just get a shelf/foot rest like that added to your wheelbarrow.
  • lkapigian
    Just FaceTimed with my 99 year old grandmother, who learned how to use an iPad last year. The woman is sharp as a tack - much sharper than me, who is about a third of her age - and easily looks no more than three quarters her age. Perfect health other than some hearing loss (to be expected) and arthritis. She was describing her memories of the great depression. Voracious reader and very progressive. She amazes me. 
    Awesome to hear !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Just finished watching Tennet.  Classic Christopher Nolan.  Great movie, and the poor voice audio didn't detract.  Makes you just sit back and watch the tangled chaos happen and not try to understand it all.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Just finished watching Tennet.  Classic Christopher Nolan.  Great movie, and the poor voice audio didn't detract.  Makes you just sit back and watch the tangled chaos happen and not try to understand it all.
    I have to watch it again.  Moved way too fast for me the first time.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Just finished watching Tennet.  Classic Christopher Nolan.  Great movie, and the poor voice audio didn't detract.  Makes you just sit back and watch the tangled chaos happen and not try to understand it all.
     It is classic Nolan, at first I was really annoyed and kept trying to understand every detail and rewatching parts,  once I sat back and just enjoyed the spectacle, instead of understanding every detail and nuance, it was worth it.  I suspect on the 2nd go it will be even better.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    @GrateEggspectations - wonderful to read.  Thanks for posting that  inspirational post.  You and your family are truly blessed right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Just finished watching Tennet.  Classic Christopher Nolan.  Great movie, and the poor voice audio didn't detract.  Makes you just sit back and watch the tangled chaos happen and not try to understand it all.
     It is classic Nolan, at first I was really annoyed and kept trying to understand every detail and rewatching parts,  once I sat back and just enjoyed the spectacle, instead of understanding every detail and nuance, it was worth it.  I suspect on the 2nd go it will be even better.
    I certainly can appreciate watching it for the spectacle.  But to me the best movies are those that can be appreciated on multiple levels.

I am a huge Nolan fan.  For me, Inception is his finest work.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    I certainly can appreciate watching it for the spectacle.  But to me the best movies are those that can be appreciated on multiple levels.

My favorite Nolan film is "Memento".  The first one of his I ever saw.  Rented it from Blockbuster with zero preconceived notions about it.  It floored me.

My favorite Nolan film is "Memento".  The first one of his I ever saw.  Rented it from Blockbuster with zero preconceived notions about it.  It floored me.
    It’s a great film.  Nolan started thinking about Inception while making it.  

The Prestige and Dunkirk are also excellent, in my opinion.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Saw this at Home Depot earlier. Thought it looked pretty cool. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,333
    @johnmitchell those are so damn good 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,418
    Prepping a Mississippi pot roast for a no interruption Football day.

Never had. Seeing how I’m one state away from Mississippi, interested to see how this turns out. Chiefs over Cincy…..LA all the way
  • Watching the Australian Open final.  5th set.  Wow!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,830
    Watching the Australian Open final.  5th set.  Wow!
    Thanks for that.  It wasn't anywhere on the guide but I found it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Legume
    ColbyLang said:

Never had. Seeing how I’m one state away from Mississippi, interested to see how this turns out. Chiefs over Cincy…..LA all the way
    I just here to say F-LA.   Always.
  • lkapigian
    Couldn’t find anyone to go to the concert with Linda , so I’m having to go Kane Brown, no idea who he is but I got her up front VIP for her birthday….still don’t know who he is even after looking him up LOL , I still have a few hours to get out of it
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lkapigian said:
    Couldn’t find anyone to go to the concert with Linda , so I’m having to go Kane Brown, no idea who he is but I got her up front VIP for her birthday….still don’t know who he is even after looking him up LOL , I still have a few hours to get out of it
    If you have heard any pop country you will recognize his songs.  I put him near the top of new genre country.  Should be a fun concert. Mighty nice gift for Linda 👍
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2022
    Legume said:
    ColbyLang said:

Rams were dead to me when they skipped out on St. Louis like they did.
  • Legume
    Legume said:
    ColbyLang said:

After they skipped out on LA originally.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    Legume said:
    ColbyLang said:

After they skipped out on LA originally.
    Yes.  They made promises, took a bunch of tax dollars, then as soon as their old lover came calling they skipped off with them.