Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    8 inch is the standard block size available would be my guess. ive seen very little 4 inch cinder block
    I see very little cinder block. Lots of concrete block. 

our cinder blocks are made of concrete, not sure you can buy a true cinder block anymore
    Yeah that was my smart arse point. They do make lightweight block but I’m not thinking they are cinder either. They went the way of the dodo I believe. 🤷🏼‍♂️ You have dated yourself 😁
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

It’s your time to shine @Foghorn You can smash the dislike flag as there’s no PL this weekend, then it’s FA Cup 4th round next week.  Not sure how we’re going to make it through but let’s stay strong and hope for the best.

We can glance upon the Championship where we find that Stoke have a trip north to Huddersfield.  The Potters dreams have receded recently with form eluding them and a slip to 11th.  Their hosts tonight are the opposite and have snuck in to 6th.  Tough gig for @Eoin and the lads.  A win will keep the dream alive but I fear the Terriers tenacity will be too great; 2-1.

In other news, the transfer window is closing and so the deals are getting done. Newcastle’s attempt to hoover any available talent has met with mixed success. Hilariously their offer to loan Lingard from Man Utd was met with an eye-watering price tag, it’s dog eat dog in the big boys club and any chance to impede a competitor is fully embraced.  So far it’s journeymen and players from far afield who have probably not been briefed about what Newcastle is actually like nor the very real prospect of playing Barnsley and not Barcelona next season. 

Keep your arms inside the car at all times, shares can go up as well as down and always get the bill payers consent before calling.   Thank you. 

Thanks @CPFC1905.  I'll be happy if the US can grab 7 of 9 available points during this international window.  It wasn't pretty, but we got 3 last night so we're off to a good start.  Avoiding the humiliation of not qualifying for the World Cup is a low bar, but one we did not clear in 2018.
    Absolutely this.  It was a pretty dull and uninspiring performance, but after 2018 it’ll be a while before I say anything really bad about getting 3 points when we’re supposed to get 3 points.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Appreciating this photo from the bigreeenegg subreddit:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Not now but a couple days ago. Not on the same planet as Valentina’s but it will make a turd. 

Snellville, GA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    Appreciating this photo from the bigreeenegg subreddit:

Is it dangerous to have your egg directly under and surrounded by foilage? I would be worried I would start a fire.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Yesterday. Awesome ribs. Raspberry habanero glaze was perfect. Brisket a bit dry.  

Snellville, GA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Just got done troubleshooting a door latch mechanism on my Jeep.  To the JK designer who hid the glass release latches behind the inner door panel and made it essentially impossible to remove.  I want to say F.U.  and learn to design for service.

I finally cut some wholes in the inner panel to reach the latches.  Since it is a Jeep.  I will be replacing these parts again, so figured I would make it easier next time.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Appreciating this photo from the bigreeenegg subreddit:

Is it dangerous to have your egg directly under and surrounded by foilage? I would be worried I would start a fire.

I have to admit that I had not noticed that.

• I saw your photo and honestly thought you were referring to two Big Green Eggs before noticing a third.

• I saw your photo and honestly thought you were referring to two Big Green Eggs before noticing a third.
    The comments over on Reddit are, as typical, where the gold is:

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Not now but a couple days ago. Not on the same planet as Valentina’s but it will make a turd. 

@Eggdicted_Dawgfan Looks like you didn't hit their brisket.  Hopefully you grabbed a beer or two (work schedule depending) and a peach glazed pork belly.  Glad you are doing it up and enjoying the opportunity sample central Texas  BBQ around your work demands.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429

The subtle color gradations between her sleeves, her eyes, and the background doorframe really tie this pic together.  Love it!

(and in my defense I've been binging on Affinity Photo video tutorials the last week or so, so I'm noticing things like this).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:

The subtle color gradations between her sleeves, her eyes, and the background doorframe really tie this pic together.  Love it!

(and in my defense I've been binging on Affinity Photo video tutorials the last week or so, so I'm noticing things like this).  
    Dayum.  You are right!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    Dayum.  You are right!
    I always am.  :tongue:  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    Another Reddit gem:

1. “Another warning of thinking it’s gonna look as cool as the advertisement. Go ahead, roast me.”

“I literally had to cut it off me with a pair of scissors!” © Jasonfrost3425 / reddit

canuckland
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,849
    Acn said:
    Foghorn said:

Thanks @CPFC1905.  I'll be happy if the US can grab 7 of 9 available points during this international window.  It wasn't pretty, but we got 3 last night so we're off to a good start.  Avoiding the humiliation of not qualifying for the World Cup is a low bar, but one we did not clear in 2018.
    Absolutely this.  It was a pretty dull and uninspiring performance, but after 2018 it’ll be a while before I say anything really bad about getting 3 points when we’re supposed to get 3 points.
    Yep - a win's a win.  Never mind the detail, them points is all that counts.  Best of luck tomorrow against French America, perhaps Costa Rica can help you out with a point or three from Mexico? 

Until the invention of something called a Gareth Southgate scratchy wins and avoidable defeats played out via eye-wateringly abysmal matches was the England norm. 

But now we are damned by hope, watching talented lads younger than our last born express skill and elan.   That's different gravy from what we're used to. Gone are the days of hapless cloggers who barely know each other huffing and puffing whilst the cunning foreigners employed dastardly tricks like passing and tactics. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Just got done troubleshooting a door latch mechanism on my Jeep.  To the JK designer who hid the glass release latches behind the inner door panel and made it essentially impossible to remove.  I want to say F.U.  and learn to design for service.

I finally cut some wholes in the inner panel to reach the latches.  Since it is a Jeep.  I will be replacing these parts again, so figured I would make it easier next time.

And THIS EXACT REASON is why I will never buy a $100,000+ Jeep without exhausting all other options. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited January 2022
    ColbyLang said:

And THIS EXACT REASON is why I will never buy a $100,000+ Jeep without exhausting all other options. 
    I need to take the door apart on my Ford today. I've been crawling across the passenger side of the truck the last month as the drivers door handle snapped. (It has been too cold but it will get up to 27 degrees today.) It happened on my last Ford as well. I just noticed my tailgate handle on the tailgate is going. That will be my third replacement on this truck. I probably averaged three tailgate handles on my last Ford. 

My Ford is having Jeep issues.  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

The comments over on Reddit are, as typical, where the gold is:

Swmbo was reading this over my shoulder last night. “Are there no women or your forum”? Uhh not many… “I can see why”
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    Another one bit the dust?
    canuckland
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Making waffles, eggs, potatoes, onions, sausage for 11 (kids have 2 cousins over).

I need two more waffle makers...
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Another one bit the dust?
    yep, nuked from orbit
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Trying to explain to my wife why the kitchen needed to be 15' across.  It definitely did not sound as big as it feels.

Looking forward to seeing your wife’s finished work. She can work thru this. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Surprised it lasted as long as it did...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 2022
    Trying to explain to my wife why the kitchen needed to be 15' across.  It definitely did not sound as big as it feels.

Looking forward to seeing your wife’s finished work. She can work thru this. 
    We are trying to decide on tile now.  Since it is a bit of a focal point, the tile we had chosen is a little lackluster.  She doesn't know it, but I realized it is sized to fit a nice offset smoker, like Aaron Franklin's or a big Santa Maria type grill in the center.
  • lousubcap
    @Ozzie_Isaac I am quite confident that when it comes time to decide on the hardware for the center you will give it the appropriate thorough vetting.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Quick trip to the Bay Area, 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian said:
    Quick trip to the Bay Area, 

I like your style. One day soon, you’ll have to post a shot of your vehicle of choice on the Exotics thread. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac I am quite confident that when it comes time to decide on the hardware for the center you will give it the appropriate thorough vetting.  
    I am open to any and all suggestions.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Doing anything for shade?

A giant, hand hammered copper hood that covers the whole area for shade and has a big ass fan to extract smoke would be the least you would want to do there.