Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,781
    Options
    Yno said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Gonna rain

What is this rain of which you speak?

I am smack dab in the middle of that 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Kind of a rough day at the beach. It was hot. Wind was nice.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    and its the sober ones you have to watch out for
    For what it’s worth, you were the drunkest buck-knife wielding welder i ever met. 

And the only person in history to be shut off at both Turner’s Seafood and Fred’s Franks. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,870
    Options
    Foghorn said:

@CPFC1905, While it is my tradition to quibble with 1 or 2 of your predictions, I see nothing to address in this iteration.  You must have really worked on your prediction game in the offseason.  I encourage any/all to wager heavily based on this prescient post.  Well done ol' chap.
    Or not. 
    Isn't there a saying about even blind chickens finding grain sometimes?  
    But yes, I have started in traditional style with 0/1.

A more Arsenal performance you could not imagine.  Not even at the races, although with 37 more matches they will improve.  
    I am not sure Brentford can.  They are at Palace next week and despite my reservations it will be a more stern test because we absolutely have to beat teams that should be below us.  We count down to 40 points which is usually a few spare to stay up and represents success.   10 or 11 wins and a handful of draws is a benchmark season. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Contemplating how the day will be spent. Wifey and I had a date day/night planned, to include a long bike ride and some restaurants, but it looks like the kids are sick, so change in plans. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,459
    Options
    @Foghorn - You have friends with great taste and access.  I can't speak to the venison side of the deal but it had to be top shelf for a trade like that.  Congrats. 
    Better to be lucky than good.   B)
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    You are correct @lousubcap (as usual).  I'm very fortunate to have some friends with "great taste and access".  Axis meat is highly prized here as it tends to be very tender and not gamey at all.  My friend has a bunch of them on his ranch, but when he grinds the non-premium cuts he always uses pork shoulder as a fat source.  @The Cen-Tex Smoker also has some axis and found a meat processor near him that grinds it with wagyu beef fat and he says the mix is outstanding.  I'll probably cook some of it up tomorrow.  At any rate, it's not often I can provide this particular friend with something he hasn't tried before - especially where wild game is concerned.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just wrapped this.

Beautiful. Overnight cook?
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Pulling supers 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,028
    Options
    Just wrapped this.

Yep. Went on around midnight.  Cooking at 250 to 275 dome.  Probably has another hour or so and then into a long-ish FTC for a mid-afternoon dinner.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - Way to roll w/o the controller.  Great bark right there.  
    Eatin well on the horizon.  Dang!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just wrapped this.

Yep. Went on around midnight.  Cooking at 250 to 275 dome.  Probably has another hour or so and then into a long-ish FTC for a mid-afternoon dinner.  
    I’d love to pull some overnighters, but with the Eggs on a wooden deck, I never want to chance it. 

Sliced pics please.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just wrapped this.

I’d love to pull some overnighters, but with the Eggs on a wooden deck, I never want to chance it. 

Sliced pics please.
    We have ours on a wooden deck too. I guess I just like to live on the edge, lol.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just wrapped this.

Sliced pics please.
    We have ours on a wooden deck too. I guess I just like to live on the edge, lol.
    The only overnighters I’ve done have involved putting the MiniMax on the grass in the centre of our lawn following heavy rain. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just wrapped this.

Sliced pics please.
    The only overnighters I’ve done have involved putting the MiniMax on the grass in the centre of our lawn following heavy rain. 
    I totally get it.

We’ve had a ton of rain here over the summer. My deck is pretty well saturated, and the humidity here in NC is pretty high.  I don’t think it’s anywhere near the tinderbox you’d find in a lot of places.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just wrapped this.

Sliced pics please.
    I totally get it.

We’ve had a ton of rain here over the summer. My deck is pretty well saturated, and the humidity here in NC is pretty high.  I don’t think it’s anywhere near the tinderbox you’d find in a lot of places.
    Sorry… my comments weren’t meant to imply you were being unsafe. Only that in my circumstances, I haven’t yet gone that route. Perhaps one day, as I love the idea.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just wrapped this.

Sliced pics please.
    I totally get it.

Sorry… my comments weren’t meant to imply you were being unsafe. Only that in my circumstances, I haven’t yet gone that route. Perhaps one day, as I love the idea.
    No worries at all man.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    For anyone complaining about brisket prices in their area, check this out. 5lb brisket point of undefined quality. $42.32. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    @lkapigian - what a sweet rig.  No doubt enjoying the messing about with sticks.  
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,674
    Options
    For anyone complaining about brisket prices in their area, check this out. 5lb brisket point of undefined quality. $42.32. 

Metro in Buckingham has full packer for 14$/kg.  It was nice and floppy.  Almost pulled the trigger but I’ve decided no more brisket unless I make MSM.  Plate ribs is my beef low and slow of choice going forward.  Costco Business center had full packer ad well but can’t remember the price.

Options
    @paqman - "Almost pulled the trigger but I’ve decided no more brisket unless I make MSM.  Plate ribs is my beef low and slow of choice going forward." No argument here.  Plate ribs are straight forward compared to wrestling with a brisket.  And less volume per cook.  Besides, you have access to a great local supplier.  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,565
    Options
    @paqman @GrateEggspectations next time you’re in TO make sure you visit Costco Business Centre in east end before you hit 401E. Usual in store price about $9.99 a kg. The savings will pay for gas  =)

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @paqman @GrateEggspectations next time you’re in TO make sure you visit Costco Business Centre in east end before you hit 401E. Usual in store price about $9.99 a kg. The savings will pay for gas  =)

Thanks for the tip. We have a Costco Business Centre here in Ottawa. The meat selections seemed like a regular Costco, but dem cheese wheels. 😋😛😋