Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    I am turning to you, my learned and esteemed Egg-friends to confirm my suspicion that despite being a little past my best - I still have it.  Otherwise why would this appear in my inbox?

Am Jane and I’m 27 years, a wedded lady and I want a low-key guy for a casual hook up built on fun times with no strings attached. I’m just a displeased lady married, he should be at least thirty whether married or not, should be prepared for at home test, because I want it raw. No appreciation just enjoying satisfactory make love together, I will host.. 

Points to clarify;
    1) I am familiar with displeased ladies - I have one who lives in my house already
    2) I assume a 'home test' is something to do with electrical safety, so no - I am not prepared but maybe some YouTube recommendations from you will help?  I hope it's not a memory test of why I just went out to the shed because all I remember is thinking 'why did I come out here?'. 
    3) By raw she obviously knows my steak preference, we call it rare but I can overlook that - initially anyway.
    4) No appreciation..... I think we all know that feeling.  Today I removed a dealer's sticker from the windscreen of SWMBO's car, including the adhesive and leaving no residue at all. Impressive right? What do I get "I didn't know there was a sticker"
    5) A little hazy on the bit between 'enjoying' and the comma. 
    6) She will host, great - I hope she has Sports subscription so I can watch the cricket

Any advice you can offer would be gratefully accepted. 

In more exciting computer based luck news,  seems I am now very wealthy too...

Hello,
    Your Bitcoin wallet has been funded with 24.85 BTC making a total of
    810,607.78 USD as requested by you. Please login with below details to
    confirm your BTC balance.

Website   (I have taken out the URL)
    Customer ID : 77717247
    Password.   : bx54jay7
    BTC Bal.    : 810,607.78 USD

Ensure to confirm your balance please.
    Man @CPFC1905, all of this good news almost makes you not care that the Pensioners and going to deliver the Eagles a smackdown on Saturday.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    Just got off the phone cancelling a compromised credit card.  The fraud alert worked and no bogus charges incurred.  This however, is getting old.
    This is the third time in three months (after nearly 50 years of no issues) going thru this drill.  I have not charged at any one-off businesses in person or on-line.  I may activate the new card and then not use it for a while and see what happens.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    lousubcap said:
    Just got off the phone cancelling a compromised credit card.  The fraud alert worked and no bogus charges incurred.  This however, is getting old.
    This is the third time in three months (after nearly 50 years of no issues) going thru this drill.  I have not charged at any one-off businesses in person or on-line.  I may activate the new card and then not use it for a while and see what happens.  

It's kind of a PIA to remember initially, but I carry AMEX and Capital One. I have their apps on my cell and they allow me to freeze or "turn off" my cards electronically. I'm in the habit now of automatically un-freezing/freezing a card after using it.
    It's those damn gas pumps.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,945
    Foghorn said:

Man @CPFC1905, all of this good news almost makes you not care that the Pensioners and going to deliver the Eagles a smackdown on Saturday.
    Yes, that will indeed happen without any doubt.
    And stand-by for more tantalising glimpses of the future on this very forum soon......
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    lousubcap said:
    Frank it might help if you changed your online password for credit card accounts to something other than BrownWater.  Just a suggestion.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,493
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:

It's kind of a PIA to remember initially, but I carry AMEX and Capital One. I have their apps on my cell and they allow me to freeze or "turn off" my cards electronically. I'm in the habit now of automatically un-freezing/freezing a card after using it.
    Gas pumps are the worst. Outdoor, walk up ATMs are right up there. I’ve had my card info stolen at a Jack In The Box drive thru before as well. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    ColtsFan said:
    lousubcap said:

never use a main credit card at the pumps, get a gas card with a monthly shutoff limit
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    Well so far electric chargers haven’t been targeted by skimmers. I pretty much stick to my Banks drive through ATM, it’s only about a half miles away. 
  • fishlessman
    Well so far electric chargers haven’t been targeted by skimmers. I pretty much stick to my Banks drive through ATM, it’s only about a half miles away. 

seems i was buying heroine and munchies for one of the guys here with gasoline........he left here in cuffs, dummy was signing his own name at the register. on his way out the door he asked if he still had a job
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina

seems i was buying heroine and munchies for one of the guys here with gasoline........he left here in cuffs, dummy was signing his own name at the register. on his way out the door he asked if he still had a job
    Don't take this the wrong way, Fish, but I feel like with some of the stories you've shared over the years of the people you've had working in your shop, the answer to that ... could be yes? 
  • fishlessman
    edited August 2021

Don't take this the wrong way, Fish, but I feel like with some of the stories you've shared over the years of the people you've had working in your shop, the answer to that ... could be yes? 

they seem to migrate over to my cousins place and the stories get better. one truck of his was impounded because the guy was stabbed to death down in fallriver at 2 am next to the truck, drug deal gone bad but he got a free buck knife. another drove thru the doors of a hotel late at night, parked in the lobby and passed out, truck again impounded. welders up here rarely seem to make 50 years of age, my bulletin board in the break room seems to prove that with a stack of obits. we call it the wall of fame....i mean shame ;) you dont want to make the board
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    and its the sober ones you have to watch out for
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    One of my fellow employees parked a company vehicle at a liquor store and went in to get weekend supplies. He met the Department head at his vehicle on the way out. She took his keys and canned him on the spot. Btw the vehicle had a big Department logo on the side along with a number code that identified his office, branch, and vehicle. The vehicle was assigned to him. I guess he had a fun party that weekend.
  • fishlessman
    my thought for the day....you cannot suck propane up 70 feet of an 8 inch pipe  manifold gas line from the roof with an electric sears shop vac =) my thoughts differ from the gas plumber who wants a 4 inch fitting welded in the line
    fukahwee maine

• Battleborn
    Getting a ‘rona test. Exciting. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    my thought for the day....you cannot suck propane up 70 feet of an 8 inch pipe  manifold gas line from the roof with an electric sears shop vac =) my thoughts differ from the gas plumber who wants a 4 inch fitting welded in the line
    Purge?

Purge?

i asked for it to be bottom vented with a air compressor line blowing in from the top overnight and a sniff test before lighting a torch and passing it  over the vent. guy has a plumber come in with a vacuum cleaner. propane sinks to the bottom, thats where i wanted the vent. its a new system waiting for a natural gas line, right now its hooked to a propane bottle and just running a kitchen stove

fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    @Botch- care to share the event(s) that triggered the test?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    lousubcap said:
    @Battleborn
    Getting a ‘rona test. Exciting. 
    Sucks man, hope it’s all for nothing
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    First, yes I am vaccinated. Basically, within the last two weeks, I have been contacted four times saying that I have been identified as being exposed to Covid + people. Monday night I got nausea pretty bad, been super tired with a super mild headache and sore throat. No fever, no chills or loss of smell/taste. Basically just trying to be as safe as possible for those around me. 
    Sorry to hear that man.  Could be one of the other viruses circulating, but to me that sounds like the rona.  Hopefully it’ll turn out to be a mild case after a couple of days.
  • CPFC1905

You know what time it is - it’s (proper) football time.  

We’re back back back lads and the helter-skelter whirly-gig of fun that is the Premier League awakens from it’s interminable slumber. 

What’s new?

1. Brentford : PL first timers from the shadows of Fulham & Chelsea.  Gained momentum a few years ago with a wholesale ‘moneyball’ approach.  And look where they are after a couple of near misses.
    2. Norwich are back again : the epitome of a yo-yo club - they come up, take the cash, spend almost nothing and go back down - except for the thrid(ish) time when they’ll stay up.
    3. Watford : sh**houses.
    4. Crowds,  nearly 100% capacity
    5. Less VAR.  Yay!

What’s the same?

1. Me getting flagged
    2. You not giving a fat rat’s (mostly)
    3. Long posts
    4. Random guess work based solid gold gambling tips.
    5. @Eoin decrying the PL as not proper football while the in-form Potters are currently tearing up the EFL
  • CPFC1905

Gameweek #1 and the league tables is alphabetised.  The Crystal Palace owner’s have requested it stay that way.

Friday night

Brentford v Arsenal - absolutely anything could happen and I mean anything.   If the Bees get humped then its a long, long season from here.  1-2

Saturday

Man Utd v Leeds - the game we all craved last year.  Intense rivalry between the fans going back decades. Let’s hope for a spicy one. 3-2

Burnley v Brighton - snoooooze fest. 0-0

Chelsea v Palace - a new dawn for the Eagles.  A lot of the old guard gone, & young raw talent brought in thanks to £90m from a nice American chap for a seat on the board.  Patrick Vieira at the helm,a former PL / Arsenal colossus.  Could go very badly or as good as mediocre.  2-0 the Chels’

Everton v Southampton - couple of hit and miss teams last season.  Probably a draw, though. 1-1

Leicester v Wolves - I am already looking forward to how the Foxes will contrive to miss out on the top 4 this season. 2-1

Watford v Aston Villa - unlikable Hornets host a team trying to find a way to win free-kicks without fally-over manny-boy Grealish.  Could be a struggle.  0-0

Norwich v Liverpool - can’t see beyond 0-2.

Sunday

Newcastle v West Ham - circus act Toon could end up anywhere this season and West Ham might be over committed due to European commitments.  The true cost of success.  Spirited encounter but 0-1

Spurs v Man City - seems Sir Harry of Kane will be playing for the home team in this one despite high hopes of seeing it from the away changing room.  1-2.

You may now flag.  Thank you.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    CPFC1905 said:

Gameweek #1 and the league tables is alphabetised.  The Crystal Palace owner’s have requested it stay that way.

Friday night

Brentford v Arsenal - absolutely anything could happen and I mean anything.   If the Bees get humped then its a long, long season from here.  1-2

Saturday

Man Utd v Leeds - the game we all craved last year.  Intense rivalry between the fans going back decades. Let’s hope for a spicy one. 3-2

Burnley v Brighton - snoooooze fest. 0-0

Chelsea v Palace - a new dawn for the Eagles.  A lot of the old guard gone, & young raw talent brought in thanks to £90m from a nice American chap for a seat on the board.  Patrick Vieira at the helm,a former PL / Arsenal colossus.  Could go very badly or as good as mediocre.  2-0 the Chels’

Everton v Southampton - couple of hit and miss teams last season.  Probably a draw, though. 1-1

Leicester v Wolves - I am already looking forward to how the Foxes will contrive to miss out on the top 4 this season. 2-1

Watford v Aston Villa - unlikable Hornets host a team trying to find a way to win free-kicks without fally-over manny-boy Grealish.  Could be a struggle.  0-0

Norwich v Liverpool - can’t see beyond 0-2.

Sunday

Newcastle v West Ham - circus act Toon could end up anywhere this season and West Ham might be over committed due to European commitments.  The true cost of success.  Spirited encounter but 0-1

Spurs v Man City - seems Sir Harry of Kane will be playing for the home team in this one despite high hopes of seeing it from the away changing room.  1-2.

You may now flag.  Thank you.

Never flag!  I’ll start flagging any American Brain Damage Ball posts I see out of sympathy.  Cautiously optimistic about Arsenal this season.  We’ll still be fighting for European spots, probably below top-4, but at least it’ll be happening with a young core that could grow into something.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,322
    ColtsFan said:
    Gonna rain

Beautiful pic!  Was it taken with your drone?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Battleborn
    lousubcap said:
    First, yes I am vaccinated. Basically, within the last two weeks, I have been contacted four times saying that I have been identified as being exposed to Covid + people. Monday night I got nausea pretty bad, been super tired with a super mild headache and sore throat. No fever, no chills or loss of smell/taste. Basically just trying to be as safe as possible for those around me. 
    Sorry to hear that man.  Could be one of the other viruses circulating, but to me that sounds like the rona.  Hopefully it’ll turn out to be a mild case after a couple of days.
    Appreciate it, I actually feel pretty good. Just tired. I’ve slept more the last 3 days then I have in a long time. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Gulfcoastguy
    lousubcap said:
    Appreciate it, I actually feel pretty good. Just tired. I’ve slept more the last 3 days then I have in a long time. 
    Since you have been vaccinated it should be: headache, sneezing, runny nose, and a bit of a fever. Best to stay away from unvaccinated people for a few days though.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    dbCooper said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Gonna rain

Beautiful pic!  Was it taken with your drone?
    Thanks! And yes. Almost lost it while it was up. A gust front developed in front of the main system. It was a fight to get it back to me 😂
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!