Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @WeberWho - You've gotta do what you gotta do.  That is a manly sloppy joe right there.  I'm sure the segregation was the right move on the home front.  Well played!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited August 2021
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - You've gotta do what you gotta do.  That is a manly sloppy joe right there.  I'm sure the segregation was the right move on the home front.  Well played!

I mentioned to my wife that I was going to be making Sloppy Joes this evening. She said, "Not your Sloppy Joes are you?" She always gives me crap as I know she wants Manwich Sloppy Joes. ;) I have an Uncle who is a farmer and he always buys a premade Sloppy Joe mixture at the local convince store for quick lunches. He really likes it. So we gave that a go for her Sloppy Joes. My wife tried my homemade version of a  Sloppy Joe mixture and she says, "All I taste is onions and jalapenos." I try hers and say, "I don't taste anything." I'm glad we have a 36" Blackstone!  =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Usually sloppy Joe is some species of pink slime, hydrolyzed farm product and tomatoes rejected from the ketchup processing line. 

Good work man
    Options
    Boat trailer axle disintegrated.  I was going to replace the entire thing but a replacement 3500 lb axle with springs is about $440.   Other than one spindle and hub, it's not in bad shape so I think I'm just going to cut off the old spindle and weld a new one on.

Wire wheel and a bearing kit and you’re rolling.
    I wish.
    Options

Options
    All done.  Unfortunately the replacement spindle was about 1/4 inch too big so had to wail on it with the grinder.
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Usually sloppy Joe is some species of pink slime, hydrolyzed farm product and tomatoes rejected from the ketchup processing line

Good work man
    Reminds me of someone who would not eat catsup. He grew up on the family’s tomato farm in Leamington, tomato capital of Ontario Canada. Growing up he accompanied his folks delivering tomatoes to the ketchup manufacturer, let’s just say he saw enough of what happened to the maters  =)
    canuckland
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Our new Bluestar range that we ordered back in December is finally arriving today.  This is the 20 year old gas hookup line that was connected to our old range. Is there any reason to replace it while I'm at it? 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    edited August 2021
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Our new Bluestar range that we ordered back in December is finally arriving today.  This is the 20 year old gas hookup line that was connected to our old range. Is there any reason to replace it while I'm at it? 

Always replace , that gas valve not to code either as the female connection is @/Below floor line ...just my 2 cents...I assume there is a crawl space below, I would extend up , that valve should be above the floor line completely 

And that outlet should not be @ floor level 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    SonVolt said:

i had to upsize the line to 3/4 inch for my cluny, upload an installation manual for the bluestar and see what it says. the cluny would probably be fine with 1/2 inch but i wanted to make sure the wok burner would get hot enough if i was running most of the burners. i froze the propane regulator in the winter with the stove so the gas company installed one of those that was bigger as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @SonVolt you may want to move it if you want your bluestar to sit flush up against the wall. Although that close to the floor you will probably be OK

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SonVolt
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    SonVolt said:

Always replace , that gas valve not to code either as the female connection is @/Below floor line ...just my 2 cents...I assume there is a crawl space below, I would extend up , that valve should be above the floor line completely 

Good point! There is a crawl space so extending it up shouldn't be a problem. 

As far as the outlet, on the old range I could pull the bottom drawer out and unplug/plug in the outlet without having to pull the oven out. Is having an outlet that close to the floor a problem b/c of potential water or something else? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    the back of the stove has a pocket for the shut off so if you move it up the wall make sure it aligns with that pocket
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    lkapigian said:
    SonVolt said:

As far as the outlet, on the old range I could pull the bottom drawer out and unplug/plug in the outlet without having to pull the oven out. Is having an outlet that close to the floor a problem b/c of potential water or something else? 
    SonVolt said:
    lkapigian said:
    SonVolt said:

yes to the water, if it can't be moved, make it a GFI outlet 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    SonVolt said:
    lkapigian said:
    SonVolt said:

SonVolt said:
    lkapigian said:
    SonVolt said:

yes to the water, if it can't be moved, make it a GFI outlet 
    Could always try a GFCI breaker too.  Easier to reset than pulling out the stove.  (if it's a legal replacement and if it works).

Options
    not an electrician but play one at home. shouldnt there already be a gfi outlet in the kitchen that controls them all or is that a state by state thing. note, i dont have one in the kitchen and when i bought the house, safety was not standing on the metal carpet strip and flipping the lights on. a 16 year old pregnant girl, daughter of the owner, explained this to me
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options
    not an electrician but play one at home. shouldnt there already be a gfi outlet in the kitchen that controls them all or is that a state by state thing. note, i dont have one in the kitchen and when i bought the house, safety was not standing on the metal carpet strip and flipping the lights on. a 16 year old pregnant girl, daughter of the owner, explained this to me
    It's my understanding (I'm not an electrician) that chained 120 v circuits that run near a water outlet or drain need to be GFCI.  Only one GFCI plug is needed...the first one in the chain.  Also, all garage circuits and shed circuits need GFCI. 

When plugs are dedicated to appliances, such as a washing machine or stove, they should have dedicated circuits - only one terminating outlet or hard-wired. 

I think kitchen floors are considered "wet" floors in some cases so I can see the need for the GFCI.

Options
    SonVolt said:

i had to upsize the line to 3/4 inch for my cluny, upload an installation manual for the bluestar and see what it says. the cluny would probably be fine with 1/2 inch but i wanted to make sure the wok burner would get hot enough if i was running most of the burners. i froze the propane regulator in the winter with the stove so the gas company installed one of those that was bigger as well
    I had to have a 3/4" line ran to my Wolf when I had it installed. Natural Gas.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    Options
    correct , NEC requires it, but looking @ the height of that outlet thinking , since it is not to the NEC , there may not be a GFI either 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    correct , NEC requires it, but looking @ the height of that outlet thinking , since it is not to the NEC , there may not be a GFI either 
    Could be a GFI breaker in the panel.
  • lkapigian
    Options
    Lit said:
    lkapigian said:
    Could be a GFI breaker in the panel.
    yes, and protects the entire circuit that way , there are also AFCI that are for fire 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lkapigian said:

i thought the side ways plug was a compromise between electricians that say ground up, and those that say ground down.

something different, can two gfi outlets be run in series, tried to do that once and one kept popping. had to split the line before the first gfi for the second one to work
    fukahwee maine

• lkapigian
    edited August 2021
    Options
    lkapigian said:

i thought the side ways plug was a compromise between electricians that say ground up, and those that say ground down.

something different, can two gfi outlets be run in series, tried to do that once and one kept popping. had to split the line before the first gfi for the second one to work
     you can run multiple outlets from a single gfic outlet , but not in series ...loads never in series as there will be a voltage drop across the load 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Wondering if he grilled these…. Also wondering if this is on his Tinder profile 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:

you can run multiple outlets from a single gfic outlet , but not in series ...loads never in series as there will be a voltage drop across the load 

good to know, i think i went parallel off the first gfi in the end, wanted a gfi at the vanity when the room was redone
    fukahwee maine

• SonVolt
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The delivery guys dropped the oven down our front steps. Just managed to let go of the dolly and down it went.  Dinged up the side pretty good and scuffed up the side of the custom painted door.   :sick:

• fishlessman
    Options
    looks like most of the damage will be hidden, i would go for a good discount or they can haul it out when the replacement comes in next year
    fukahwee maine

• SonVolt
    Options
     I was sweating bullets trying to maintain composure.  I bit my tongue and just took pics. One delivery guy blamed the other, said he was from a temp service. Not sure that information makes the situation any better, but whatever.  The store is sending out Bluestar to replace the side panel and door. Who knows when that'll be. Oh well... at least it's just a 30" range and not one of those bemouths.